• Inspraakprocedure/Participation procedure
  • Started by LePlongeur
  • Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• August 04, 2020, 23:30:50
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Re: Inspraakprocedure/Participation procedure
Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 20:00:10
Hahahaha @Dutchbeat , and when you cannot find the right buttons to do that subtraction of karma points, who are you going to ask to do that FOR you chef?  ;D ;D
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 21:55:41
  • more
Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 20:05:44
Hahahaha @Dutchbeat , and when you cannot find the right buttons to do that subtraction of karma points, who are you going to ask to do that FOR you chef?  ;D ;D

haha @Mar T.
i would of course ask our new head of the Kitchen IT department from Portugal  @Ricita  :blackgrin: :yes:
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 22:01:38
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 22:05:08 by Pleudoniem »
@Dutchbeat The pills you want are in the right cupboard on the top shelf. They're the blue ones you want. After you've had your dose, then please explain to me in what way we may have purposely and impishly tagged the wrong names? I am completely oblivious to what you are talking about there. I do admit to being impish though...
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #18 on: December 22, 2019, 22:11:56
@Dutchbeat The pills you want are in the right cupboard on the top shelf. They're the blue ones you want. After you've had your dose, then please explain to me in what way we may have purposely and impishly tagged the wrong names? I am completely oblivious to what you are talking about there. I do admit to being impish though...

...the right cupboard on the top shelf ...i have got that @Pleudoniem , thanks  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 22:19:11
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 22:21:13 by Pleudoniem »
@Dutchbeat You're welcome.

Please DON'T take the red ones from the left top shelf. They are winegums, they will make you agressive.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 22:25:55
and @plongeur can explain this further... ;D ;D ;D @Pleudoniem

i think he started all this confusion  :yes: :yes: :yes:

but he seems to like that  8) 8) :o :o :o :o

or...is @seriousfun at it again  ???, no seriously, he hacked us before, but that was years ago  :-[ :-[

Reply #21 on: December 27, 2019, 01:03:50
"If the words are not clear, don't worry. Let the song carry your heart and then you're in the same place".... and that guitar riff rattles around the spaces between.
Played at a volume to drown the planes, this is very good @LePlongeur

Robert

Reply #22 on: December 27, 2019, 01:18:52
I'd like to state the following:
1. This thread is craziness ...... I'm so lost with winegums, pills, negative karma points, multiple languages, cupboards, airports, etc...  ....   :bonk:
2.  @LePlongeur   Gus now appears to have his one adjective ... Gusonian? 
You have such a brain teasing, gusonian approach to poetry, music, vocals and recording.
3. This song is really cool.
4. I don't understand your local politics necessarily but sounds like it is similar throughout the world.
5. I love the way you made the same song in two languages

,.... and I have to ask  @LePlongeur  ... how is it possible to get the verses to rhyme regardless of language? That's pretty brilliant.
I have an appreciation for this because Melissa has been recording vocals for an Italian producer and he wanted to translate some parts to English .... but to get them to flow correctly and to rhyme seemed almost impossible.

Alright, then .... Good Show!
-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:51:10
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #23 on: December 27, 2019, 07:09:20
My idea about this:
I don't translate; I write a Dutch song.  And I write  English lyrics to the same song. I take some key elements from the Dutch version but I avoid a translation. If I try to translate I'll never get the job done.

Plus I want the same type of poetry as the basis for both lyrics. In this case the hickledy pickeldy again. The strong rules about emphasis are ignored, but the rest I left intact.

That's how I've done it. It's no rocket science, it's simply learning by doing.
Thank you for the compliments @Bill from November Sound
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #24 on: December 27, 2019, 07:53:55
"If the words are not clear, don't worry. Let the song carry your heart and then you're in the same place".... and that guitar riff rattles around the spaces between.
Played at a volume to drown the planes, this is very good @LePlongeur

Robert

Thank you, @robertkc
Riff rattles (a)round, nice aliteracy. Difficult word. But I like that style.
Thank you for listening and commenting.
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #25 on: December 28, 2019, 00:20:41
Nice one @Mar T. , I mean @Dutchbeat ...oops sorry I mean @LePlongeur   ::thumb:: ::heart::
Jeete

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #26 on: December 28, 2019, 09:56:52
Thank you so much @Goatrelated !
Your joining the listeners is much apreciated!
Have a nice weekend!
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 12:27:44
When I wrote this, it was a heartfelt pamphlet, slightly based on the 1967/68 ideas.
Corona was a far cry from our rather self inflated ideas that growth is the only thing that counts.

Corona brought much sorrow and pain, but there are also great advantages. And advantages for the environment too.

I’m enjoying the relative quiet on Schiphol Airport and I am not the only one.

To all of you, who live under (or who has to sleep under) the ‘paths’ in use by aviation, I would like to propose the following.

Have a club of good reputation carry out test of air quality and noise for a week, now that there’s very little air traffic.
That way we we have an undisputed zero level test to base further talks on.
No managerial or political mist to obscure real reasoning. No ‘grow is the only yardstick’.

A initiative of great social importance to stem from the Kitchen!

Wouldn’t that be the best advertisement this forum could have?
Please let me know what you think.
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #28 on: April 02, 2020, 04:08:59
During all the attempts to get to the core, I've been puzzling a bit.
Aircraft manufacturers are not open about fuel consumption. Let alone the pollution. Moreover, usage is given in kilos. The specific gravity of kerosene is about 0.9 so only that makes it look better. And this is the use specified by the carrier. Or the airline.

The 747 has been in use for a long time, so that's more known / leaked out. For take off only, it goes roughly as follows:
Approximately 400 passengers
About 200,000 kilos of kerosene
So the take off alone gives about 500 kilos of kerosene per passenger
That's 556 liters.

The fact that sometimes more passengers fit in is a rearguard argument. The 747 has not been used for flights to London or Zurich. So as idiotically 'sardined in' as now in some planes it has never been used.

CO2? Is kept out of the statistics.
Even the test hangars, where engines are tested at full power, remain outside any measurement, contour or other Hans Alders covenant.

-.-.-.-.-

In the meantime, Het Parool (Amsterdam daily) has published a complete nondescript article along the same lines.
It's high time to rethink the commercial aviation. Specially since it's concentrated in one area most of the time.

If we want to eliminate vague promises concerning 'less' noise and pollution, we need to know what we have now. And now the machine runs at 10 to 15% of the usual capacity.

Alors, it's just a clumsy article:

"DO A BASELINE MEASUREMENT NOW.
This is the moment to think about what we actually want with Schiphol, says Alfred Blokhuizen of Schipholwatch. The corona crisis is a disaster, he says: "In all respects, for victims, but also for the people who work at the airport. But when this is over, we can't just go back to the way it was, it can't become business as usual again. I have written a letter to the minister asking for a baseline measurement to be carried out now that there is hardly any flying at Dutch airports. On that basis, a well-considered decision can then be made: do we want the air pollution that that produces? Do we want people to sit upright in their beds when planes come over? My opinion is: it's time for a rethink."

Quote and unquote, from page 13 of Het Parool last Saturday.
They are not available for comment or permission to publish. And I've been trying to get into contact with the people there. For three days, no less.

So, at Het Parool, it's also time for a rethink. The department... (Klantenservice)
- Clients, like me, since 1974; they seem to understand that part of the word.
- Service, that part of the word they don't seem to have mastered yet.

The lady from that department neatly said she couldn't fix it. Another typical Dutch thought.
You work somewhere and you actually tell the customer that he has to solve it himself.

You'd almost think I'd be the first to have the decency to ask if an article can be copied.
With reference to the source, of course.

Of which deed (not in minutes) but in almost three days.

Kind regards, Gus

PS, at Schipholwatch* they told me:
Schiphollen
This word is in the Van Dale: misleading by manipulation

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I don't think this will make the difference, but at least I tried.

Kind regards, Gus

*Schipholwatch is not a general emvironmental club, it consists of people living in the vicinity of Schiphol.