• Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 01:05:07
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Invincible
Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 09:45:51
@Jambrains ....thanks so much for such an excellent and detailed critique.....and perfect timing too as the mix is up today for a final mix. I always like to give a mix a few weeks to completely forget what I did to it and then throw it up for a quick tweak. In fact, I think I'll do that right now while this post is up in front of me.  ;)

To have someone like you with excellent ears give such an honest assessment like this is invaluable.  8)

@DanJames .....thanks for your appreciation as well. I appreciate it very much.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 09:57:53
A final mix AFTER the competition deadline :o :o the rules! The rules! ;)

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 14:01:56
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 10:20:52
Thank you, @Jambrains for making the opponents unbeatable.
Something, I will never forget!
Kind regards, Gus

• Jambrains
  • Chef de Partie
  • You ain't seen nothing yet..

• April 05, 2020, 23:13:19
  • more
Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 13:57:12
Thank you, @Jambrains for making the opponents unbeatable.
Something, I will never forget!
Kind regards, Gus
Que????
Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart
My land's only borders lie around my heart

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #34 on: March 17, 2018, 15:52:58
@Jambrains ....thanks so much for such an excellent and detailed critique.....and perfect timing too as the mix is up today for a final mix. I always like to give a mix a few weeks to completely forget what I did to it and then throw it up for a quick tweak. In fact, I think I'll do that right now while this post is up in front of me.  ;)

To have someone like you with excellent ears give such an honest assessment like this is invaluable.  8)

Because I donít use silly smilies, itís not always clear that Iím fooling around a bit.
Iíll avoid that in the future.
But I wonít give in to the smilies mafia.
So I did intend it to be humorous, but not on account of you.
Sorry for that.
Kind regards, Gus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 15:58:11
A final mix AFTER the competition deadline :o :o the rules! The rules! ;)

;D

It's all about the song @DanJames . Besides...I officially withdrew, remember?  ;)

I did that subtle remix this morning.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13694535

Many will not notice the changes but I definitely do. Thanks again @Jambrains ......love to sit down in a studio with you one day.  :)

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 16:58:47
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 17:20:05 by LePlongeur »
@Leonard Scaper
Shall we do a letís be gentle first and honest later?
Youíre number 8 on Mar Tís list.
So, as long as I keep my waffle shut, Amsterdam dialect too, I can vote for your song.
I like that idea a lot.
So I wonít tell no one nothing untill I and countless others have voted.

On the other hand, youíre not Big S for nothing. I would lie to my mum if need be, but to you.........?
If you really wish to do a Scaxit, I simply have to respect that.
But after some examples, I hope you weigh pros and cons very very well.
Have a nice weekend, Gus

Edit typo

Reply #37 on: March 17, 2018, 22:53:39
This is a great song man, you really get the feel for it in the bridge when the harmonica kicks in. Which reminds me I really have to learn how to play the harmonica so I can put in one of my own songs.

The guitar is amazing sounding too, and the vocals are crystal clear. I hope to bend your sometime about your choice of microphones you use. Anyway awesome sounding song all around. Kudos to you.

~Rich
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;ó
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #38 on: March 17, 2018, 23:08:03
@Bluedusksun ....Thanks for that, Rich. Love to chat about microphones with you.

Learning the harmonica can be.....interesting. Folks get....annoyed. I learned in a college dorm in 1970. People threw things at me when I played out in the hall.  8)

Reply #39 on: March 17, 2018, 23:18:33
@Bluedusksun ....Thanks for that, Rich. Love to chat about microphones with you.

Learning the harmonica can be.....interesting. Folks get....annoyed. I learned in a college dorm in 1970. People threw things at me when I played out in the hall.  8)

Haha, that's why I go to the graveyard down the street from my apartment to practice/play. You get no complaints from the dead.

I bought one off of shopgoodwill a year ago, but it's just sat in the box ever since. It's a Germany made Victor Brand Super Chromonica in G. I also wanted to get the holder for the face so I could play guitar if wanted, but I never got there.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #40 on: March 18, 2018, 00:32:16
I bought one off of shopgoodwill a year ago, but it's just sat in the box ever since. It's a Germany made Victor Brand Super Chromonica in G. I also wanted to get the holder for the face so I could play guitar if wanted, but I never got there.

Back in the day those racks were horrible.....you could never get them to stay in place. These days they are much better. I had every key in a leather bandolier that I wore on stage. Hohner Blues Harps. I went through a lot of harps.....I found that if you dipped them in water they resonated like you read about. Of course there was never much water up there.....so I always dipped them in beer. The alcohol raised hell with the reeds.  8)

Reply #41 on: March 18, 2018, 22:23:07

Back in the day those racks were horrible.....you could never get them to stay in place. These days they are much better. I had every key in a leather bandolier that I wore on stage. Hohner Blues Harps. I went through a lot of harps.....I found that if you dipped them in water they resonated like you read about. Of course there was never much water up there.....so I always dipped them in beer. The alcohol raised hell with the reeds.  8)

The old ones looked like some torture device. Honestly that is one of the most bad ass things ever, wish I could of seen it. Props.

Question, I'm still pretty stupid with the whole music theory thing. I'm guessing the benefit of having the different keys are so you can properly match the key of the song you're going to play.

You know instead of me learning how to play the Harp (I'm already dealing with bass lol), I could always trade you recording for recording. If any of your songs need live drums, I might be of service. Just putting it out there. Long nights man
~Rich

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #42 on: March 19, 2018, 09:21:53
Question, I'm still pretty stupid with the whole music theory thing. I'm guessing the benefit of having the different keys are so you can properly match the key of the song you're going to play.

Yes....if you are jamming with folks you need to have a number of different keys. The harp needs to be five 1/2 steps above the key of the song, so a song that is in A needs a D Harp.

Definitely be cool to do some trading.

Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 20:41:07
really good vibe to vibe, the production is great.
I Dont Know What It Is God Put In My Hands,
I'll Throw It Away And Start A Rock n Roll Band

https://thecanddproject.bandcamp.com

https://soundcloud.com/the_candd_project