• Started by CGHound
  • CGHound
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• March 01, 2021, 11:18:24
  • more
JC's Lament
on: January 25, 2021, 09:38:36
The fact of the matter is, there is a lot of suffering in the world. We get put into this life without invitation. We are told by ancient books that must earn salvation while the angels are given pain free lives unearned. Humans suffer all sorts of biting miseries and the only mercy we receive is from humans caregivers and then we die never to be seen again.

As one story goes, an all knowing supreme being created two humans named Adam and Eve and when their offspring didn't live up to that all knowing beings expectation he drowned all but a few of them including almost all the animals. That didn't work so he sent his son to fix what he couldn't fix and ended up having the young man crucified to death but 36 hours later his some came back to life. The rest of us don't fare so well.

The difference between my father and Jesus's father is  my father would have gotten things right the first time and if one of us really needed to be scourged and nailed to a cross, my father would have taken my place. The other difference is, my father really existed.

JC's Lament

Tomorrow and tomorrow will forever come
And fly our souls across the Milky Way
We lived on dream till they were gone
Then faith and love and old cliches

We're just a speck upon a speck
Floating lost among the stars
You speak of heaven and the earth
But never Jupiter or Mars

Hear them father they ask for you
Hear them father they cry
See them father they lack for you
And you give them mercy denied.

A Pawn defeats another king
Never understanding how
He's only there to do one thing
And when it's over he takes a bow

It's not that I've given up on life
More it slowly slips away
I loved but I never get love back
Is that the price I had to pay?

https://soundcloud.com/cg-brady/jcs-lament-1
Create!

Re: JC's Lament
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 17:49:00
Strong tune here....I appreciate the feeling.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• CGHound
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• March 01, 2021, 11:18:24
  • more
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 09:27:09

Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 14:53:51
@CGHound  Congratulations!! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

• IronKnee
  • Poissonier
  • An Iron Chef

• March 07, 2021, 18:55:10
  • more
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 03:37:43
The fact of the matter is, there is a lot of suffering in the world. We get put into this life without invitation. We are told by ancient books that must earn salvation while the angels are given pain free lives unearned. Humans suffer all sorts of biting miseries and the only mercy we receive is from humans caregivers and then we die never to be seen again.

As one story goes, an all knowing supreme being created two humans named Adam and Eve and when their offspring didn't live up to that all knowing beings expectation he drowned all but a few of them including almost all the animals. That didn't work so he sent his son to fix what he couldn't fix and ended up having the young man crucified to death but 36 hours later his some came back to life. The rest of us don't fare so well.

The difference between my father and Jesus's father is  my father would have gotten things right the first time and if one of us really needed to be scourged and nailed to a cross, my father would have taken my place. The other difference is, my father really existed.

JC's Lament

Tomorrow and tomorrow will forever come...........one day all ,on this earth, will come to an end.
And fly our souls across the Milky Way....we do have souls
We lived on dream till they were gone
Then faith and love and old cliches..............that's a bit pessimistic, but a shared point of view.

We're just a speck upon a speck
Floating lost among the stars.....................not lost, we are here for a purpose to be figured out.
You speak of heaven and the earth
But never Jupiter or Mars.....................we are not there.....we are on Earth.

And you give them mercy denied.............denied in this life...but, not for the next. This life is but a test.

A Pawn defeats another king
Never understanding how.............understanding the ways of God has always been a mystery.
He's only there to do one thing
And when it's over he takes a bow............maybe......and then again, maybe not!

It's not that I've given up on life
More it slowly slips away
I loved but I never get love back
Is that the price I had to pay?.....................Happiness is not promised in this life. Read the Bible and awake.

https://soundcloud.com/cg-brady/jcs-lament-1

Just my take, coming from a Catholic perspective. There is truly a rich life between the loose leaf of our world.

Good luck!
                                      -Tom
I Know The Truth By My Struggle Against It

• rightly
  • Poissonier
  • And there you have it.

• March 05, 2021, 12:34:52
    • Berlin
  • more
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:27
well thought out song