• Started by irwin
  • irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• March 18, 2019, 00:46:30
  • more
Leave Me Alone
on: January 05, 2019, 18:55:19

I am asking what genre do you guys see this song and is it commercially appealing.

https://soundcloud.com/irwin-abrigo/leave-me-alone-fmaj-tempo-120

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 20:27:42
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Leave Me Alone
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:55:32
I'm not very good with genres, Irwin....I'll leave that for others.

You never know what's going to get commercial recognition these days as there are all kinds of folks listening to all kinds of music with all kinds of tastes. I'd say to go ahead and develop this to the best of your ability and put it out there with confidence.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 15:22:25
Hello @irwin  I think I've asked you this before . what DAW are you using or what program or app are you using to create this music? Members of the kitchen could give you better advice if we knew that.
As far as Genre: It says on your profile Georgetown, Guyana? to my ears I'm hearing a Pop music influenced by South American and Carribean rhythms, perhaps?  If you could tell us a little bit more we could probably be a bit more helpful.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 14:35:45
I'm not very good with genres, Irwin....I'll leave that for others.

You never know what's going to get commercial recognition these days as there are all kinds of folks listening to all kinds of music with all kinds of tastes. I'd say to go ahead and develop this to the best of your ability and put it out there with confidence.

Yes Leonard, I myself ain't very good with genres, I would like to believe that all of my song are "Pop Songs" but the truth is I am wrong. I sure will take your advice and be confidence about the songs I put out for the public to hear.

Thanks very much for the advice you have given.

Irwin

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 14:47:03
Hello @irwin  I think I've asked you this before . what DAW are you using or what program or app are you using to create this music? Members of the kitchen could give you better advice if we knew that.
As far as Genre: It says on your profile Georgetown, Guyana? to my ears I'm hearing a Pop music influenced by South American and Carribean rhythms, perhaps?  If you could tell us a little bit more we could probably be a bit more helpful.

Hi Bill,

Yes, I am form Georgetown, Guyana, South America, but as a people (Guyanese) say that we are Caribbean  instead of South Americans.

That been said now I will tell you  what DAW I am using.

I am using FL Studio (the demo version) to produce my tracks. I just lay down my ideas note for note on the "Piano Roll" with those instrument that are available for me to choose from. All my music their are sequenced.

Thanks for asking again.

Irwin

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 16:31:54
Not much to add that hasn't been mentioned. I can hear the words, " Leave me alone" over the melody. I was thinking this just today when my phone wouldn't stop with the texts.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 17:10:02
Not much to add that hasn't been mentioned. I can hear the words, " Leave me alone" over the melody. I was thinking this just today when my phone wouldn't stop with the texts.

Thanks Timothy, But I think you should read your texts LOL...

Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 20:03:00

Hi Bill,

Yes, I am form Georgetown, Guyana, South America, but as a people (Guyanese) say that we are Caribbean  instead of South Americans.

That been said now I will tell you  what DAW I am using.

I am using FL Studio (the demo version) to produce my tracks. I just lay down my ideas note for note on the "Piano Roll" with those instrument that are available for me to choose from. All my music their are sequenced.

Thanks for asking again.

Irwin

Okay @irwin I'm very glad you told me this.
If you are doing this from piano roll then really the next step for you would be to upgrade to a few better instruments. If you can get a more realistic piano sound, bass sound and drum sound it'll go a long way in giving your songs more realism.

I'm not trying to encourage you to spend lots of money you could once you get into a VST buying spree  :) ..... but if you could gradually upgrade to a few better VST's your songs could start to take off.

The way you quantize the parts is important as well. You'll want to lock it in to the grid but not lock it in so far that it sounds mechanical.

I don't know if FL studio does this but playing with atmosphere i.e. delay and reverb sends could also really add some "space" into your creations.  :)

xx
The Day We Leave

Started by Krysoe on Songs for review

11 Replies
Last post April 29, 2018, 15:26:13
by Mar T.
xx
I Will Leave All My Hatred Behind

Started by smajor on Lyrics

12 Replies
Last post May 31, 2017, 21:30:23
by Dutchbeat
xx
please leave a message at the beat?

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

13 Replies
Last post August 17, 2016, 12:26:53
by Jim
xx
Gus and DB WIP collab [please leave nice and encouraging comments here....]

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

16 Replies
Last post August 18, 2018, 14:09:21
by LePlongeur
xx
Silent Suburbia (Instrumental) - Vocals or leave it instrumental?

Started by marcus_jb on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post October 23, 2016, 23:26:51
by marcus_jb