• Lose My Mind
  • Started by Zedd
Re: Lose My Mind
Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 14:28:49
How did you get a robot's name Zedd? You sound delightfully un machine like and  you have a  poptastic grasp of melody. This is packed full of catchy bits and hooks,  it's like me walking through a field of musical burdock and knowing it's gonna take a concerted effort to remove this from my head.
Ha  I like that title. Football yeah it's the beautiful game but it's also not the best thing if for example youre a recovering manic depressive.
The mix was a little odd with lots of different reverbs on things. It made the instruments a bit muddy and sound like it was sewn from different bits of cloth, but I have to say the overall effect was rather good, as in it was bravely different to the standard mix, and I like things that are different.
Anyway I'm gonna have to jetwash my ears to get this out.
Keep using the oil. ;D

Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 16:42:14
@Zedd the chorus is so catchy! stuck in my head and i could hear this on the radio i think. also, your lyrics flow so well together and tell a clear and relatable feeling/story.  ::e-guitar3:: i love the sounds and it makes me wanna get up and dance to it

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• September 18, 2019, 21:42:41
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 19:07:43
Very enjoyable song @Zedd  ::dj::

Know that feeling, losing ones mind in pursuit of the sound you hear but thatís hard to manifest in a recording. Recognize that too well along with having to learn stuff repeatedly...

I like the arrangement and the guitar fills up some of the space and thatís something this song has lots of. Iím more of a ďfill the entire canvas, even paint white partsĒ kind of person. Iím glad youíre not, that reminds me to leave some space in my own songs, because this way that youíre doing it sounds very interesting and pleasant.

Having said that, maybe some parts where there isnít guitar presence, a pad or something could lend some space either in the really high frequencies or in a wider spectrum, perhaps that would further the variation (not saying that the song is lacking that though, itís varied enough). Just a small suggestion, and it is interesting enough already so just ignore me...

Conclusion: I really liked it  :) ::thumb::

::Rachel::
/Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• August 28, 2019, 20:27:06
  • more
Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 12:57:06
Hey @eric craptone - Thanks for checking it out. More misspelt Pulp Fiction character actually I kept meaning to change to my SC name but I kept forgetting and it kinda stuck. Yes Iím sure my reverbs are inconsistent but Iím still learning :-) with this mixing lark. Thanks for your comments!

@Layerson Thanks a mill - it started out with guitars all the way through actually and liked the space in the verses when I took them out. Iím sure I could add more layers back in but I think Iím done with it for now apart from a few tweaks (there are a few vocal spots that are annoying me) when I can handle listening again :-)! Thanks for your lovely comments.

@1AmberRose1 what lovely comments I Thank you very much! Dancing you say? That made me smile! Thank you!

Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 15:21:39
Hi @Zedd  .... everyone's already said everything .... but anyway great song!

If you are still working on it and need help with drums let me know. I think Will and I could do something ....

If not then just keep on! It sounds great.

-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• August 28, 2019, 20:27:06
  • more
Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 15:59:27
Hey @Bill from November Sound thanks for listening and commenting and for your very kind offer of help with the drums... I would normally jump at such an amazing offer but happily we will be doing some recording over the next while - we're doing "proper" recordings of our live set and I'll throw this one in the mix even though it's new as we'll have drums set up to record etc. I'll post it when we're done (it may be some time though :)!)

Thanks again!

K

xx
please :-) keep an open mind...this is what i see..

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

7 Replies
Last post June 09, 2015, 02:37:51
by CrystalSuzy
xx
Peace Of Mind :)

Started by The Local Waffle Dealer on Songs for review

5 Replies
Last post March 04, 2017, 20:35:17
by The Local Waffle Dealer
thumbup
Don't mind if I introduce myself~

Started by IanEckie on Me

6 Replies
Last post May 22, 2015, 16:16:30
by Mar T.
xx
Pop my mind (a new initiative from Oliver from Soundshoots)

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen cafť

1 Replies
Last post October 26, 2014, 10:04:39
by Oliver Squirrell
xx
I just became a DAD... (Neal Alexander - I Don't Mind)

Started by Neal on Songs for review

5 Replies
Last post December 18, 2018, 21:32:36
by Jambrains