• Krysoe
  • Poissonier
  • Airborn

• March 31, 2021, 16:01:34
    • Denmark
  • more
Louis The Great
on: March 18, 2021, 16:00:54
Next in my little series of music videos is "Louis The Great".  The key purpose of this project was to learn to express visual things and feelings through composition and build the ambiance around the pictures.
I can recommend all of my Kitchen friends to spend some time pick some video clips - merge them in a video editor and then try to compose a film score. It's learning by doing but it's fun.

Re: Louis The Great
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 18:35:51
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 22:01:37 by Cool Hand »
A beautiful composition, filled with emotion that perfectly compliments the film.  Well done my friend!

Paul

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 00:19:43
This is great - a fabulous piece of music. If I'm honest, I wouldn't know where to start with something like this, but the idea of finding videos clips to work to is a good idea and something I might be tempted to try in the future. Very nice composition. :)

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 04:08:10
Excellent work @Krysoe  very professional on all levels. You truly captured the context and emotion of the film clips.

I’m working in video as well (new one coming soon!) but I’ve only used my own iPhone videos edited with IMovie. Looking forward to an upgrade.

I t never occurred to me to use available clips... I may give it a try 🤔

Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration 🙏

• Krysoe
  • Poissonier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 14:24:43
Thanks to @Cool Hand @ChrisPrice and @1roomstudio for the review and the nice words. yes it took hours but it was fun
It doesn't matter if you use free clips from the internet or your own video clips - the interesting part is the process and the music you create this way.

Tons of free clips are waiting for you on the internet to build your next video. Let me know if you want me to write you a small step-by-step process description and the list of free tools I used in the process.

Thanks, Klaus

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 18:23:50
@Krysoe -
That's a very interesting exercise! I've never tried something similar before... (The closest I got was writing songs soon after watching a film and have scenes from it playback in my mind while creating a melody) ....It's like you're writing music to images in a sequence instead of writing music to words/lyrics - very interesting challenge!

....your result is simply beautiful! I really like the melody, and the music really flows well with the video!
Great work! :D

Thanks for sharing!
Rachel
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

• Krysoe
  • Poissonier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 19:55:23
Thanks a million, @Rachel_D for your review and feedback.  Film scoring is a great exercise as well as you are forced to really take a deep dive into both the film clips, emotions expressed, and what the actors express without words.
Regards
Klaus

• rightly
  • Rotisseur
  • And there you have it.

• April 13, 2021, 20:33:22
    • Berlin
  • more
Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 12:15:35
super powerful
well done
certainly makes me want to see that film.
so dynamic. Really nice!!

• Krysoe
  • Poissonier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 16:37:30
@rightly - Thanks a lot for the feedback

Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 01:41:54
I have some experience with creating videoclips, but I've never done anything to support a movie such as you did.

Your clip a nice idea and it works well. I suppose it could be used quite nicely as the intro to the series - Louis the Great are a series, aren't they?

This is the first one I made. It is 13 years old and I am not sure if Google still allows you to find it. What you've done may be a good encouragement to do something again.

Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 05:24:33
Thanks to @Cool Hand @ChrisPrice and @1roomstudio for the review and the nice words. yes it took hours but it was fun
It doesn't matter if you use free clips from the internet or your own video clips - the interesting part is the process and the music you create this way.

Tons of free clips are waiting for you on the internet to build your next video. Let me know if you want me to write you a small step-by-step process description and the list of free tools I used in the process.

Thanks, Klaus

I would really appreciate the process and list you offered @Krysoe ... I really want to explore writing for video. I was inspired and impressed by your adventure!  :praise:

• Mylene
  • Poissonier
  • "Without music, life would be a mistake."

• Today at 11:40:51
    • France
    • https://soundcloud.com/mylenenelym
  • more
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 17:06:42
@Krysoe, I love the combination of music and video. It's a real challenge to manage to create both in a harmonious and coherent way.
I love editing videos and usually I work the other way around: I find the music and then I work on editing the clips above it. So I am really impressed by your work and the result is stunning!
I once directed a short film and work with a film composer and I agree with you it was a fun and rewarding experience  :D
Thank you for sharing this piece of art with us  :thumbsup:
Bravo!!

• Krysoe
  • Poissonier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 15:47:09
Thanks a million for all feedback received, some have asked for the process description, and as soon as I have finished an ongoing project I will write the process.
Regards
Klaus

xx
Similarities between great chefs and great songwriters

Started by reidmoto on The kitchen café

2 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 00:34:52
by reidmoto
xx
The Great Escape

Started by jbfalken on Songs for review

4 Replies