• Loving me (with lyrics by Faith Brigham)
  • Started by LePlongeur
  • LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• September 27, 2022, 15:09:56
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: Loving me (with lyrics by Faith Brigham)
Reply #15 on: September 05, 2022, 09:55:52
Very very glad. Specially since youíre so much better at making music than I.

c'mon @LePlongeur  now that's a serious exaggeration!   :bonk:   I'm not better than anybody.

That is great to hear that this track is getting so many plays! Congratulations!   :thumbsup:

Hoi hoi
Iím afraid this is evidently BS (friends pointed out that bullshit = equal to swearing). In Dutch Boel Shit = a lot of shit. Weíre gentle, we donít insult the bull.

Anyway, I have 5% of my accu left. And I am not going to put that where itís no use.
The only thing I can do is write songs. And I do that with so much pleasure, that I wish you the same amount of that.
Plus I wish you and yours a wonderful day.
And Iím going to buy a new guitar when I get home.
Thatís the only thing I do better than you. You are not going to buy a new sax or a new piano every now and then.
Most people would do an emoji overhere. Not me.
Give the other Kitcheners something to speculate about. Tough shit!
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #16 on: September 06, 2022, 13:49:26
Hola @LePlongeur

Muy bonita canciůn de amor!!
I really like the style of the song, the melody that the voices make but, at least in my listening, the voice lacks a little volume and the chord guitars have too much treble, especially the one on the left, you could soften them a little, nothing more. Other than that I like the color you've got here. very nice job

Adiůs!
Mora

@Mora Amaro La Loba
ChŤre M.,
Hope this finds you well. And Marcus too of course.

You are such a sweet soul. Without meaning meaning to hurt anyone, you compare Marcusí guitar sound with mine. Maybe?
Marcus is the sophisticated, and the well thought out evenings with jazz and a cool glass of wine. Beautiful in its own way.
My guitars are inspired by rebellion against parents (60ís) and screaming for attention. Iím not saying I donít understand what you say, believe me I do. Had it not been for Faithís protests, my guitars would have been louder.

And this is exactly how I tried to describe this song to an American. Think of it as a pleasant, but loud dream.

But thank you for listening. You know how it means a real lot to me. Specially since the Kitcheners seem to be thinning out. Much to my regret.
Please bring Marcus my greetings. His music is missed. And his non English messages too.
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 09:58:53
Nice collab @LePlongeur it has a very authentic Retro vibe.

Iím a sucker for jangly guitars so they sound excellent to my ears.  The vocals fit nicely. In this style itís normal for the vocals to feel a bit buriedÖ. Makes the band sound bigger.

True that the drums need to cut through somehow, without sacrificing the guitars. I find that focusing on EQ, making a boost for the sweet spot on the snare and making a drop at the same frequency in the guitars helps.

Tricky stuffÖ balancing all those sounds and leaving head room yet maintaining a full big sound.

Please share my kudos to your collaborators  :thumbsup:

Hoi hoi
Iíve read your comment with a lot of enthusiasm @1roomstudio . Itís certainly not for the first time that I was nodding and grinning while I read your message. I like it a lot when someone tells me things I know, but needed to be polished up again.

I agree with you on all the things you point out. And I mean totally agree.
It needs some explanation.
When I was young, I was friends with a photographer. And times off from school I joined him on his walks, on his motor bike or in his car, just looking out for things that triggered our attention.

But I liked the developing and printing the most. All you had to do was Ďlightí the paper and submerge it in the chemical liquid.
This als most child like wonder of the magic happening right before me was never lost. I still have that.

When I am in my music room, thereís a stack of lyrics waiting for me. 70? 80? I donít know. Plus, I donít remember what I wrote. The next in line is clipped to the cords of my mic, I count to four, and then the magic starts to happen.

In my heart, hands, head (what do I know) a new song comes out. And an hour later, it was all over. I got the result you have been listening to. And this is what gives me a lot of happy hormones. It may very well be that everybody here is better at everything, but I am only busy songwriting. When the burst is complete, I am ready.

Letís say this was a Monday. On Tuesday I had the choice:
- tinker a lot with Loving Me
- write a new song
What choice do you think I made? What would you do?

What I can promise though is that I keep your comments in mind for future recordings. They do tend to get better. Thanks to your remarks and those, the others make.

Thank you for your post. I hope I will never have to go without them.
And the other kind people involved have the link to this song, so they can read what compliments they got! Thank you on their behalf too.
Kind regards, Gus

xx
New EP from 2Alone: Faith

Started by 2Alone on Songs for review

3 Replies
Last post April 05, 2022, 02:09:22
by 1roomstudio
xx
Wild Faith

Started by Dara on Songs for review

17 Replies
Last post January 18, 2017, 11:08:52