• Started by 1roomstudio
  • 1roomstudio
  • Chef de Partie
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• August 07, 2022, 19:03:49
  • more
Lucifer Has Fallen on LA
on: March 28, 2022, 00:52:34
Before the fall of the Soviet Union... in America, we considered drills in "crisis relocation" ... whole cities practicing evacuating to the countryside... and on the radio we would hear "This is a test ... if this were an actual emergency, you would be directed to your local radio station."

I wrote this song back then... and forgot about it after the Berlin Wall came down.

Now it's time to work on it again...

https://soundcloud.com/1roomstudio/lucifer-has-fallen-on-la-5/s-tzkPymxa53H?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Re: Lucifer Has Fallen on LA
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 19:27:51
Hola @1roomstudio
Life is a true Ferris wheel, it seems that the wagons go through the ismas agguas again...!
I like your track, it has a very authentic, natural and fresh atmosphere. I liked it a lot, that reverb gives it a special color!!!
It would be great if you shared the lyrics, you know, my English is insufficient to understand everything.

Stay welllllll

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• 1roomstudio
  • Chef de Partie
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 02:20:20
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:25:52 by 1roomstudio »
Hola @1roomstudio
Life is a true Ferris wheel, it seems that the wagons go through the ismas agguas again...!
I like your track, it has a very authentic, natural and fresh atmosphere. I liked it a lot, that reverb gives it a special color!!!
It would be great if you shared the lyrics, you know, my English is insufficient to understand everything.

Stay welllllll

Mora

Yikes! @Mora Amaro La Loba  the lyrics, of course!

It riffs on something like this...

LUCIFER HAS FALLEN ON LA

Tune to your area station... for local information
This is not a test... Oh No...

Bright Flash Big Boom Mushroom Cloud
Fire in the sky...
Raining steel and burning glass
Fighting eye for eye

Lucifer has Fallen on LA
Lucifer has Fallen on LA
I say!!!

People across the Nation
In Crisis Relocation
This is not a test!
Oh No!

Tune to your area station... A Hammer strikes our Nation!
This is not a test... Oh No...

This is not a test...
Oh No..

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• August 07, 2022, 10:47:47
  • more
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 12:39:09
I was a bit hesitant to listen to this track at first, because I am neither a big fan of political nor religious songs, as the opening lyrics and song title suggested to me at first.....

But when I then saw the lyrics to it (thanks for asking @Mora Amaro La Loba )immediately has reached me this brevity of content, with which you have brought this indescribable feeling maybe kind of 'mass anxiety' literally to the point,  made me curious!

I was not disappointed! I was bobbing along the whole time....extremely dynamic and rousing! Thank you for the experience @1roomstudio ! :D

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 21:15:48
Hola @1roomstudio
Thanks for posting Lyrics!!!
In the world everything is repeated, from a to z every x time, it must be a formula.

Stay well
Mora

• 1roomstudio
  • Chef de Partie
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 20:20:51
Thank you @Mora Amaro La Loba and @Mo for your thoughts and encouragement.

Really glad you liked the groove Mo! It was hidden away for nearly 30 years... but my guitar did not forget.

Amora, I am curious about your phrase  "...it seems that the wagons go through the ismas agguas again...!"  I'm not familiar with the reference... historical? Literary? Colloquial?

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 07:51:35
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 16:10:09
Very very nice imagery @1roomstudio !
And acutely in step with the times.

Keep ‘em coming! (Please).
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 18:47:16

I wrote this song back then... and forgot about it after the Berlin Wall came down.

Now it's time to work on it again...

I think if this track is remixed, then something really good can become. The voice is for me a little too far back in the whole, and the outro could also be edited something. But the whole track he has pleased me insanely well

• 1roomstudio
  • Chef de Partie
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 20:02:51
Thanks @LePlongeur unfortunately true that this snapshot of “mass anxiety” (well said @Mo) is once again relevant.

Interesting observation @Charlys-Music ... I have a tendency to bury my vocals in the mix. I wouldn’t know it without such feedback from you and others... for which I am grateful. Truly added value for being a member here and participating.

This piece is indeed in “mix mode”  so there is hope for a better final release. I’m thinking of adding a sparse Bass line and possibly a touch of lead guitar in the blank spots.  ::e-guitar3::

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Making music

• August 10, 2022, 23:10:39
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #9 on: April 03, 2022, 20:37:17
@1roomstudio  - fine songwriting. Liking the reggae-drive, while the drums seem to offset the beat in a way. Must be fun to play this live with a band and get a real drummer jam on it. The delay effects in the voice work wel too.  :pompom:
Unlike @Mo I like some politics or current affairs in music (London Calling by the Clash, or Beds are Burning by Midnight oil - or get up, Stand Up by the Wailers... these songs can give comfort, hopefull not creating mass anxiety.
New album  https://oorlab.bandcamp.com/album/future-journeys (autumn 2021) Future journeys

• 1roomstudio
  • Chef de Partie
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #10 on: April 03, 2022, 21:06:50
Thanks for the encouragement @oorlab. You are right about the drums... The snare is on the downbeat, which is unusual in Reggae. Also the upbeat on the guitar is usually on the 2nd and 4th beats. I put it on the “and” of 1 and 3, with a bit “swing”

So it’s an intentional bit of a twist from the usual.

I also agree that though “mass hysteria” is the backdrop, the song is hopeful, as a message to “People across the Nation.”

And yes, back in the day this was a great groove for a jam!

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 23:17:00
I liked that a lot, almost had me moving and I really liked the effect on the vocals.  Only thing I would suggest (And this is from someone with the mixing skills of a fine needle) is to make the vocals a little loader, I was having to search to hear them, unless of course that is your intention. 

• 1roomstudio
  • Chef de Partie
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 01:39:52
Great feedback @DavidHutton It’s a consistent comment and I think I finally get it.

Ironically.... I tell other singer songwriters the same thing.

Maybe that’s the difference between a singer and a singer-songwriter .... a singer knows it’s about telling the story... a writer may doubt.

xx
Fallen Out of Love (first recording)

Started by Ehsan on Songs for review

12 Replies
Last post May 16, 2017, 07:58:01
by Ehsan
xx
Fallen Star - New song...first post here

Started by MonoStoneMusic on Songs for review

11 Replies
Last post October 16, 2013, 12:07:52
by MonoStoneMusic
xx
fallen tears and hardened hearts

Started by tuff bransch on Lyrics

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2018, 11:45:53
by tuff bransch
xx
Empire of the Fallen - Open to critical review and collaboration!

Started by Monty Cash Music on Songs for review

25 Replies
Last post January 29, 2020, 12:31:38
by Monty Cash Music