• MY first ambient drone track (if you like long zone outs)
  • Started by Nsemest182
All analog synths and reverbs for you to zone out to.  https://soundcloud.com/ericdaubney/whoamiwhoareyou

Let me know what you think!

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:58:38
  • more
Re: MY first ambient drone track (if you like long zone outs)
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 19:57:00
Hi @eric.daubney@gmail.com , Thanks for Joining :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

grab a kitchen chair and make yourself at home  :ok: :ok:

the link to your Soundcloud intrumental song does not work when i click on it in your post, can you check that out?

but
Welcome!!!!!!
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 20:16:40
Hi @eric.daubney@gmail.com , Thanks for Joining :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the link to your Soundcloud intrumental song does not work when i click on it in your post, can you check that out?

but
Welcome!!!!!!

Oops! Fixed. Thanks.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:58:38
  • more
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 20:25:22

but
Welcome!!!!!!

Oops! Fixed. Thanks.

yes, it works now, and it does sound great!!!  :thumbsup: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::

all analog you say!  what is that synth you use, it says "prophet" i  think... ::) ::) ::)

sounds good  :ok: :yes:

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 21:06:42

but
Welcome!!!!!!

Oops! Fixed. Thanks.

yes, it works now, and it does sound great!!!  :thumbsup: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::

all analog you say!  what is that synth you use, it says "prophet" i  think... ::) ::) ::)

sounds good  :ok: :yes:

Yea its the Prophet Rev2. I also use the Oberheim Matrix 1000, Roland JX3P, and Behringer Model D. Reverb was my Eventide Space pedal.

• Mo
  • Poissonier

• Today at 20:51:28
  • more
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 00:28:03
Thats sounds great @eric.daubney@gmail.com ! I enjoyed the 14 min a lot.

Welcome to the kitchen!  :thumbsup:

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 21:24:48
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 16:29:26
Welkom / Wilkommen @eric.daubney@gmail.com  - your ambient analog synthesizer work sounds very good! Impressive gear you have! Looking forward to hear more from your music.
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• Charlie
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Karma Hunter

• January 19, 2020, 14:31:18
    • Netherlands
    • https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6gaSzHsXOYq-j_eQH6IwsW_K0S3CHfbk
  • more
Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 19:49:42
Hi @eric.daubney@gmail.com ,
I listenend with interest to your track, several times. Without giving enough attention to the title it initially gave me a distant feeling of what might become something like Apocalypse now. When I noticed your SoundCloud labeling i.a. 'relax' and 'meditation' I could have know better, but I am not that wrong when what appeared to be your 'drone track' reminded me of a helicopter. I find it a little hard to reconcile that sound with relaxation and meditation, certainly because you repeat it (apart from the middle piece) time and again. As an unexpected effect it works in the beginning and might lift you up but later on I find it a bit disturbing. Maybe only a very (!) light version of the wing-beat would be nicer for meditation. In stead I would prefer some more musical 'solution' here and there (or towards the end) to provide a tonal sunray or star twinkle. That would bring the listener to an even higher level of mindfulness. Your sythesizer work is fine, I really enjoyed that. It is certainly appetizing.
Best regards,
Charlie
If you dig it, do it. If you dig it a lot, do it twice (Jim Croce).

Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 01:14:29
Hi @eric.daubney@gmail.com ,
I listenend with interest to your track, several times. Without giving enough attention to the title it initially gave me a distant feeling of what might become something like Apocalypse now. When I noticed your SoundCloud labeling i.a. 'relax' and 'meditation' I could have know better, but I am not that wrong when what appeared to be your 'drone track' reminded me of a helicopter. I find it a little hard to reconcile that sound with relaxation and meditation, certainly because you repeat it (apart from the middle piece) time and again. As an unexpected effect it works in the beginning and might lift you up but later on I find it a bit disturbing. Maybe only a very (!) light version of the wing-beat would be nicer for meditation. In stead I would prefer some more musical 'solution' here and there (or towards the end) to provide a tonal sunray or star twinkle. That would bring the listener to an even higher level of mindfulness. Your sythesizer work is fine, I really enjoyed that. It is certainly appetizing.
Best regards,
Charlie

Thanks for the input! Makes total sense.

Eric

xx
1998, my new electronic-ambient song

Started by Introverse77 on Songs for review

0 Replies
Last post January 18, 2017, 23:00:44
by Introverse77
xx
opinions on fade outs (and on how to end a song)

Started by Dutchbeat on Songwriting Ingredients

4 Replies
Last post August 05, 2017, 20:45:54
by GTB
xx
Cool Ambient/Electronic thing I Made that I would like critique on!

Started by elitelecaster on Songs for review

2 Replies
Last post June 24, 2016, 23:57:58
by Dutchbeat
xx
Bought a drone! Youtube vid and one of my songs as a soundtrack

Started by Mar T. on Other Arts

10 Replies
Last post May 21, 2019, 23:28:29
by oorlab
xx
Comfort Zone