• My most recent song (I'm not a singer) :-)
  • Started by Marc

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:41:59
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: My most recent song (I'm not a singer) :-)
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 17:56:02
Good song....it has an easy melody that flows nicely . It drew me right in. Nice "feel good" lyrics. I really like how you build the instrumentation with harmonies.

btw.......you certainly ARE a singer.  :)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 20:34:23
Hi @Marc ! Sounds good to me! The song has a really good chorus and a pretty in depth song form.  :ok:

It looks like you're newer to the forum or at least you haven't posted all that much. ... if there's specific advice you're looking for there are a lot of members who could help you with different aspects of writing, recording, mixing, etc.  ... if you want.

You're singing sounds very good!
I'm going to say that I've seen a number people start here at the kitchen saying they couldn't sing ... and then a few months down the road with some encouragement and advice from kitcheners ... they've accepted their voice as it is and gained the confidence to make it sound really good.  :)  point being: You can sing. You are in the right place.   :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 10:09:07
  • more
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 21:31:21
sounds good to me @Marc , nice song  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
with a very catchy chorus  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::
me, myself, and Pie

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 15:02:59
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 23:22:28
Hi @Marc - as others have said, of course you can sing. You have a good baritone / tenor voice with easy transition between your chest and head voice IMHO. A strong confident tone too and accurate pitching. So no more of that nonsense please ;-)

This song has a nice feel to it. It seems well mixed too with everything well placed in the mix.
I like that the vocals are up-front so the lyrics are nice and clear. Some nice harmony too.

Good job

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::

"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Marc
  • Junior Cook
  • Songwriting

• September 23, 2018, 23:14:19
  • more
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 23:55:06
Thanks all for the nice appreciations! However, it is not at all my intention to start a singing career. :)
I write songs and make them sound as good as possible, hoping artists or music labels will pick them up. My songs are also on YouTube for years now. Problem is ... less views and no one seems to be interested. Very frustrating. Seems a very closed world to me. :(

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 04:56:57
Thanks all for the nice appreciations! However, it is not at all my intention to start a singing career. :)
I write songs and make them sound as good as possible, hoping artists or music labels will pick them up. My songs are also on YouTube for years now. Problem is ... less views and no one seems to be interested. Very frustrating. Seems a very closed world to me. :(

Hey @Marc I hear you. I feel the same way.

Not that I'm the best to offer advice..... but I think Melissa and I do have a bit of a system ..... not meant to be  phony or silly ..... but just communicating with and encouraging others. You can get more YouTube views if you invest some time watching and commenting on other people's videos. Don't be fake about it .... find stuff you actually like.

The worst that can happen is some stupid jerk doesn't say thank you or anything...or they thumbs down your vid. The good that can happen is you develop a great relationship with an up and coming cover artist....and they agree to do one of your songs. Eventually it could happen. Same for SoundCloud plays. There are a lot of great people out there and you can meet more and more every day!

So yeah, may be stupid advice but it is something. As songwriters we tend to be  in our own world but getting out there even a little can give some sense of progress.

• Marc
  • Junior Cook
  • Songwriting

• September 23, 2018, 23:14:19
  • more
Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 11:56:53

Hey @Marc I hear you. I feel the same way.

Not that I'm the best to offer advice..... but I think Melissa and I do have a bit of a system ..... not meant to be  phony or silly ..... but just communicating with and encouraging others. You can get more YouTube views if you invest some time watching and commenting on other people's videos. Don't be fake about it .... find stuff you actually like.

The worst that can happen is some stupid jerk doesn't say thank you or anything...or they thumbs down your vid. The good that can happen is you develop a great relationship with an up and coming cover artist....and they agree to do one of your songs. Eventually it could happen. Same for SoundCloud plays. There are a lot of great people out there and you can meet more and more every day!

So yeah, may be stupid advice but it is something. As songwriters we tend to be  in our own world but getting out there even a little can give some sense of progress.

Thanks, Bill. I'll keep that in mind.  ;)

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 14:44:16
@Marc Nice chorus.. really good.
Just set all my solo  music free at https://budhabuilding.bandcamp.com

• Buma
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• January 04, 2019, 05:05:24
    • Houston
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumabuma
  • more
Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 17:20:13
You sing well ! You made a catchy song with a good structure !
Doing Music with Ardour (on Studio Ubuntu).

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 18:42:01
 ::heart::
also a goat understands a joke

xx
Looking for singer / vocals for my world cup 2018 song (feel good song)

Started by Jellody on Collaborations

8 Replies
Last post July 05, 2018, 04:49:29
by reidmoto
xx
I'm a singer looking for a rapper to collab in this song

Started by Dynofficial on Collaborations

4 Replies
Last post August 07, 2017, 01:59:53
by iiviivix
xx
Looking for a singer. Acoustic song. Lyrics are done.

Started by Sakshin Mohan on Collaborations

6 Replies
Last post August 29, 2016, 16:58:24
by Sakshin Mohan
clip
The (recent) Kitchen survey results

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

3 Replies
Last post April 09, 2019, 01:20:42
by Mar T.
xx
there i am (looking for a singer)