• Started by Neal
  • Neal
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Karma Hunter

• April 16, 2019, 00:22:09
  • more
New music "BLUE" (Mental Awareness)
on: April 16, 2019, 00:22:09
I need to be real for a second. I've been going through some mental health issues the past few months. I always find it hard to open up about it because i feel like i shouldn't have anything to be unhappy about. My life is actually pretty good. I have to continue to tell myself that's not how depression works.. it just comes and goes, some days are better than others, but it is what it is. I can't explain how grateful i am to have caring and loving people in my life and that i have a way to express myself through art. I don't take that for granted. I created something pretty amazing out of these dark times and i hope if you are fighting demons yourself to open up in whatever way you can. Don't bottle it up. Enjoy my new song #BLUE #mentalawareness

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• Today at 10:33:33
    • Sweden
  • more
Re: New music "BLUE" (Mental Awareness)
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:42:30
Great song @Neal !!!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

This is brilliantly done. The arrangement, mix and vocals are shimmering in fluorescent light and it's got an awesome hook.  ::Note::

I'm no stranger to mental health issues, I've seen my fair share of it and know how hard it is on the person that is suffering from them and how it affects the surrounding people, altough I personally fall into the latter category.

What you've accomplished whilst "under the water" (the way I've always pictured it is a waterline and if you're above it you're fine, but dipping under that and it gets harder for obvious reasons...) and I think many of us would struggle to do this even if we're mentally stable "above the water surface". Apart from being blessed with having caring and understanding people around you, you also have an extremly good understanding and capability for making very enjoyable music. I know the importance of reaching inwards and using the strong emotions to create but it's a difficult process and you master that and channel the feelings into an awesome song. Thanks for sharing and hope you keep above the surface. Your music doesn't make me "blue", just makes me wanna hear it again.   :dance:

::Rachel::
Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:35:29
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:56:13 by Kellyanneg »
Hello @Neal ! Wow. Love it. Love the title/hook, everything @Layerson said. Mental health is real and powerful. You've created an awesome expression of yourself. This is a great place to share and connect, give and receive encouragement.
A touching, yet strongly created song you have there!! Keep using your gift. The sun is beautiful.  :pompom:
Do what makes your heart sing :)

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:41:59
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 13:02:42
Fantastic production! I agree with @Layerson 's comment about the mix and especially the vocals. I love how you bring it down at 2:20....that just absolutely grabbed my attention so you could hammer home the message as you brought the song out.

You've done a wonderful job of wrapping light around those demons. That light shines out through this song and those demons get dispersed with it.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:00:01
Hi @Neal   ... this is awesome! I wish I had something more intelligent to say. I don't.
Right there with you, though. Leave it at that.  ;)
Shared on twitter.
- Bill
-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 08:06:52
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 07:47:09
Love this song.
And as an extra, you honor @Mar T. S call for colorful avatars.
Great!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 12:29:54
Very good song with that special fragrance of the great ballads of the last decades
Very good work  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
I think there is always a thin line between reality and fantasy.
Crossing that line is easy
The difficult thing is to return to reality
And stay sane

Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 13:32:41
Hi @Neal

Well, it seems that depression counteracts its bite by creating great songs ...!

I like the atmosphere of your sound, the mix is very balanced with your voice and the appearance of the choirs gives air to your creation without erasing the melancholy that walks hand in hand with rhythm.

I have not been able to understand some of the words of your song, would you be so kind as to put them?

I think we can put on your skin because depression is like an odor that suddenly fills you and changes your life ... Music is a magnificent shield to repel those unjustified attacks ...

I'm nobody to give advice, I'm just a patient of myself, that's why I would tell you not to pay attention when the shadows come, do not open the door to that morbid thing that feeds an "I" that does not love us .
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 10:09:07
  • more
Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 18:04:18
beautiful song @Neal , great raps  :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom:
me, myself, and Pie

• Jellody
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 16:31:06
  • more
Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 14:44:54
What a great song! @Neal  I like the style and it haves the perfect vibe! Thanks for sharing!  ::thumb::

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 22:50:50
This is sick mate