• Vegetable Chef
  • Airborn

• March 19, 2019, 16:14:53
    • Denmark
  • more
New Song - RomanTrix from KER Music 2018
on: December 20, 2018, 14:22:59
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 14:35:57 by Krysoe »
Dear Friends - close to end og my 2 Years project with the scope to write, compose and record a new song each month in my little homestudio at the beach south of Copenhagen.
I know volume is not = to quality and volume cant be driver for creativity but anyway, here is my December song 2018: ROMANTRIX. ::heart::

I will apprisiate your feedback on the song in overall, quality of text, music and the recording

https://soundcloud.com/klaus-rysoe/romantrix

Wish you a Merry Christmas and a lot of good inspiration in the kitchen

(1)
My love I have been waiting - here
counting snowflakes in the air
just to see, to keep and to feel your
smile and sense the smell of
flowers in your hair

CH:
Feel the glow so bright
from the sky so high
life is quite alright
with you tonight
Dance this night so close
fell how well we flow
no pain and silent tears
in thousand years
Wind whisper the Words
words we will say
come let us dance
dance the night away

(2)
All the years are flipped as pages
in the book of our life
Both of us are pretty grey now
But i'm your man and
you are my wife

(3)
My love come sit her next to me now
come sit and warm your bones at the fire
see the moon is shining bright now
we have no time
time to retire.

• Marcus Nalgaber

Re: New Song - RomanTrix from KER Music 2018
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 19:28:16
A great ballad
The voices sound very good
The musical production is perfect for my taste, although the main solo of guitar I find it very strong of volume.
The style could be in the 90s and sometimes it has things that remind me of that romantic American music of the 50s and 60s
Congratulations

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 18:00:39
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 08:24:26
The determination to write with a certain structured approach is key to getting anything done. And please remember that this is no law or anything but just my opinion.

So having said that, Iím afraid I am going to have to contradict you where the volume versus quality of your music is concerned.

As it is totally impossible to write 100% good songs,  we have to write like a photographer works. If I write a series of 10, and 3 or 4 out of those are good songs, Iím very happy.
This is one reason.
Another one is, that our brain is a chemical based plant that is at the receiving end of a couple of chemical producing thingies in our body.
And you can train your brain to open the doors when all the happy hormones are produced. You get the most of it when you do it on a regular basis at the same time of the day.

Ask any sporter, ask anyone in love, itís perfectly ok to generate dope yourself and get extra happy while writing.

If you listen to my songs, they are rough and sloppy. All my songs are written between 6 in the evening and 7.45. And that is because I take the time to play all the instruments as if I were a band. Two guitars and a voice would be much quicker.
And you donít have to worry about writing crap. Because your brain knows: tomorrow, same time, same frequencies and weíll start with a white sheet of paper.

I would like it very much if I could persuade you to try this. Starting with the search for a convenient hour. And stick to that with a certain determination. An hour that is exclusively yours.
Your happy hormones will get a giant boost; your creativity would get a giant boost, I think you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

So, yes. I believe that volume equals fun and quality. If you donít write, you wonít write a good one.
And if you write a lot.........
Kind regards, Gus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:19:13
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 14:34:25
I agree with @Marcus Nalgaber ....this is a great ballad. I really like the electric guitar as it adds a very strong dimension to the production.

The lyrics are strong and emotive and the recording sounds great to me. Good song all around.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 18:18:35
Hey there - taken a listen, thanks for posting.

Like everybody else I really liked the electric guitar sections, strong and contemporary sound and phrasing.

Overall I thought the song was really well produced too.

I'd look to do something different with the drums in the mix  - the snare sound was perhaps a little dated and the whole drum section could do with coming forward in the mix to give it a bit of drive.

I can tell a lot of work has gone into the arrangement and production, which I know is a huge endeavor to close down into a final mix.

Nice work :-)

• Krysoe
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 15:47:15
A great ballad
The voices sound very good
The musical production is perfect for my taste, although the main solo of guitar I find it very strong of volume.
The style could be in the 90s and sometimes it has things that remind me of that romantic American music of the 50s and 60s
Congratulations
@Markus, Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is it just the volume of the solo guitar or sa well the sound ?

• Krysoe
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 15:55:32
The determination to write with a certain structured approach is key to getting anything done. And please remember that this is no law or anything but just my opinion.

So having said that, Iím afraid I am going to have to contradict you where the volume versus quality of your music is concerned.

As it is totally impossible to write 100% good songs,  we have to write like a photographer works. If I write a series of 10, and 3 or 4 out of those are good songs, Iím very happy.
This is one reason.
Another one is, that our brain is a chemical based plant that is at the receiving end of a couple of chemical producing thingies in our body.
And you can train your brain to open the doors when all the happy hormones are produced. You get the most of it when you do it on a regular basis at the same time of the day.

Ask any sporter, ask anyone in love, itís perfectly ok to generate dope yourself and get extra happy while writing.

If you listen to my songs, they are rough and sloppy. All my songs are written between 6 in the evening and 7.45. And that is because I take the time to play all the instruments as if I were a band. Two guitars and a voice would be much quicker.
And you donít have to worry about writing crap. Because your brain knows: tomorrow, same time, same frequencies and weíll start with a white sheet of paper.

I would like it very much if I could persuade you to try this. Starting with the search for a convenient hour. And stick to that with a certain determination. An hour that is exclusively yours.
Your happy hormones will get a giant boost; your creativity would get a giant boost, I think you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

So, yes. I believe that volume equals fun and quality. If you donít write, you wonít write a good one.
And if you write a lot.........
Kind regards, Gus

@LePlongeur :: Thanks a lot for your feedback, a lot of clever words yes ;) Working very structured in international business for the last 25 Years and now retired sitting at my castle its very  difficult to get away from the structured approach - thats simply a part of my gene.

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 19:56:48
I liked your ballad a lot, a lot! These days love is in the air!!! May be the guitar volume is strong at some moments but the mix sounds great.
Do not worry about the volume of production you currently have. Things, such as "create", will already take you by the hand so that you become a flame that transforms the time in which it burns.
Feliz AŮo Nuevo!!!
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo