• Started by irwin
  • irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• December 04, 2018, 15:58:20
  • more
No Harm
on: November 17, 2018, 18:20:46
I appreciate all feedback or tips about my instrumental song below.

Song entitled:  "No Harm"

https://soundcloud.com/irwin-abrigo/no-harm-3-cmaj-tempo-28

• Lane
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• December 16, 2018, 21:10:28
  • more
Re: No Harm
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 19:11:46
I don`t think there would be trouble finding something this would fit, I listened close and there are a few change-ups in the
music. I think the thing with music tracks are so "wide you can cut them up to fit stories, ads, backing messages.
its almost limitless. [just my thought] but the music works for me.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 02:07:00
Hi Lane, Glad You like the music and thanks for listening to my song.

Irwin

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 14:24:15
Hi @irwin
I'm sure your music is elastic enough so that many styles of lyrics work well with it,
however at some initial moment it seemed to me that the rhythm was stumbling, I do not know if it's me ... maybe it's because of some quantization ...
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 00:54:07
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:00:05 by Vince »
Hi @Lane   the quality and production of your song is great. It kind of reminds me of some of the stuff Paul Simon was doing for a while, like "Diamonds On The Soul Of Her Shoes" .

I think your instrumental would benefit from lyrics. Unfortunately,  I'm not a good one to try to write any for this.

If not lyrics, than maybe a central musical lead theme to carry the rhythm to give me a melody . I like this though and these are just some ideas.

Vince

I can only modify and not delete my post, the instrumental I was reviewing was the one in the video and not in the link which I just now thought to click on. My bad  ;D

Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 02:49:43

Hey there @irwin  ... there is some potential here.  :thumbsup:
First - I second @Vince  that the video track in your signature takes away from people clicking on your song for review in the body of the message. I did that as well.

The string and synth work is nice and allows for some good possibilities. The rhythm does seem disjointed as Mora suggests..... either quantizing messed it up somewhat or you need to get in there, play with a click track and quantize it .... I can't really tell. But that problem can be fixed and it seems you're on the right track.

The piano chords would benefit greatly from the use of inversions. ( ie. when you go from a C to an Em just drop that C down to a B ... so you are playing BEG ...) Right now the root position chords are jumping in and out haphazardly and emphasize that disjointed rhythm.
If you used a notation program to create this instead of playing the piano part yourself then maybe it could be as simple as turning off the playback of chords.

You asked for feedback and tips. I think we could probably help more if we knew what you used to create this. I do appreciate your work and encourage you to keep going! I hope that some of these suggestions can help you and if they are not of use then you can just disregard. It is most important to create music the way you hear it and be true to that vision.  :)   
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 16:25:50
I don`t think there would be trouble finding something this would fit, I listened close and there are a few change-ups in the
music. I think the thing with music tracks are so "wide you can cut them up to fit stories, ads, backing messages.
its almost limitless. [just my thought] but the music works for me.

Hi Lane, I appreciate the listen and the feedback. Thank you.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 16:34:57
Hi @irwin
I'm sure your music is elastic enough so that many styles of lyrics work well with it,
however at some initial moment it seemed to me that the rhythm was stumbling, I do not know if it's me ... maybe it's because of some quantization ...

Hi Mora, Nice to have you listen to my composition. About the initial moment where rhythm was stumbling, yes!  it's because of some quantization. Thanks for the feedback.

Irwin

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 15:40:32
Hi @Lane   the quality and production of your song is great. It kind of reminds me of some of the stuff Paul Simon was doing for a while, like "Diamonds On The Soul Of Her Shoes" .

I think your instrumental would benefit from lyrics. Unfortunately,  I'm not a good one to try to write any for this.

If not lyrics, than maybe a central musical lead theme to carry the rhythm to give me a melody . I like this though and these are just some ideas.

Vince

I can only modify and not delete my post, the instrumental I was reviewing was the one in the video and not in the link which I just now thought to click on. My bad  ;D

Vince

Undermined the mistake I thank you for the reply. Glad you like my composition.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 15:56:33

Hey there @irwin  ... there is some potential here.  :thumbsup:
First - I second @Vince  that the video track in your signature takes away from people clicking on your song for review in the body of the message. I did that as well.

The string and synth work is nice and allows for some good possibilities. The rhythm does seem disjointed as Mora suggests..... either quantizing messed it up somewhat or you need to get in there, play with a click track and quantize it .... I can't really tell. But that problem can be fixed and it seems you're on the right track.

The piano chords would benefit greatly from the use of inversions. ( ie. when you go from a C to an Em just drop that C down to a B ... so you are playing BEG ...) Right now the root position chords are jumping in and out haphazardly and emphasize that disjointed rhythm.
If you used a notation program to create this instead of playing the piano part yourself then maybe it could be as simple as turning off the playback of chords.

You asked for feedback and tips. I think we could probably help more if we knew what you used to create this. I do appreciate your work and encourage you to keep going! I hope that some of these suggestions can help you and if they are not of use then you can just disregard. It is most important to create music the way you hear it and be true to that vision.  :)   

Hi Bill, First I'll like to say sorry for the long delay it took me to reply.

Your suggestions and advice are very helpful I do appreciate you taking the time tutor me on these matters,  like the tip you give "ie. when you go from a C to an Em just drop that C down to a B ... so you are playing BEG ..." very very much helpful. Thanks a lot.

Irwin