• Started by irwin
  • irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• April 13, 2019, 18:34:08
  • more
Not Saying Anything
on: March 12, 2019, 17:13:38
Hi everyone, Please check out this new song, I am working on right now (pay attention to the lyrics especially)

Would like to know what you think when hearing it for the first time.  And please remember, no hard feeling. I can take rejections.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 20:36:23
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Not Saying Anything
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 21:14:52
Good start on this one, Irwin. I like the lyrics. Pretty cool how you stop after the word "Silence". That works for me.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• oorlab
  • Chef de Partie
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 23:33:54
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 00:23:59
interesting @irwin . Will you be singing this?
The synth melody gets a bit chaotic around 2.40. Oytherwise I can imagine someone singing this melody without a problem, and only some minor adjustments to the text.
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 00:34:12
Good start on this one, Irwin. I like the lyrics. Pretty cool how you stop after the word "Silence". That works for me.

Thanks Leonard, I am hoping to finest this song soon Chords, bass and so no.

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 00:36:28
Hey @irwin  it would be cool as an art song i.e post modern classical. Right now I'm getting a C phrygian mode over a C bass line groove ... point being it's a bit esoteric for most to sing. Some parts even seem to delve into the whole tone scale. Again, this could be cool with the right setting ... imagine classical voice with piano or string quartet .... possibly post modern jazz as well.
So in its current configuration I'm having trouble imagining it. You could go "art" with it and get it all notated for classical or jazz instrumentation. Otherwise, If you wanted to go more pop or dance you probably should go back to a more standard mode such as Major, Minor, Aeolian, Dorian, etc.
 :) Keep 'em coming. I do like your musical experimentation.  -11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 00:41:49
interesting @irwin . Will you be singing this?
The synth melody gets a bit chaotic around 2.40. Oytherwise I can imagine someone singing this melody without a problem, and only some minor adjustments to the text.

I would love to sing this song oorlab, but I am not that a good singer so I'll have some else do the singing. Thanks for listening to my song and I am glad you've found it interesting.

Irwin

• irwin
  • Patissier
  • Karma hunter

• more
Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 23:44:29
Hey @irwin  it would be cool as an art song i.e post modern classical. Right now I'm getting a C phrygian mode over a C bass line groove ... point being it's a bit esoteric for most to sing. Some parts even seem to delve into the whole tone scale. Again, this could be cool with the right setting ... imagine classical voice with piano or string quartet .... possibly post modern jazz as well.
So in its current configuration I'm having trouble imagining it. You could go "art" with it and get it all notated for classical or jazz instrumentation. Otherwise, If you wanted to go more pop or dance you probably should go back to a more standard mode such as Major, Minor, Aeolian, Dorian, etc.

Thanks Bill, I always says that I am writing pop song (whenever I start to write songs) but when I finish the whole song most of the time they turn out to be in another style or genres. But I do like jazz a lot.

And  I will think going "art" with it too.

I notice you are a "Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer" You have my respect.

I hope we can work on a song together sometime soon.

Irwin