• Started by 1roomstudio
  • 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• November 02, 2019, 01:11:01
  • more
Old Country Song WIP 11
on: October 29, 2019, 01:38:56
OK... so my laptop died and the dreaded day job and the rest of life got in the way...

But I managed to get it to this to this point...

It needs some harmonies on the vocals at the chorus, and I think I want to add a touch of electric guitar using the "fake pedal steel with the volume control"  effect.

And whatever else you kind folks might suggest.   https://soundcloud.com/1roomstudio/old-country-song-wip-11-vocals/s-vWgzD

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 19:54:20
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Old Country Song WIP 11
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 12:46:37
Pretty cool tune....I like it. Yeah...I hear that electric guitar maybe coming in around 1:45 or so. A volume pedal kind of thing would sound cool there. A lonesome sounding harmonica might be interesting in there somewhere as well.

Since you asked........I was thinking all along that I wanted more width to the production. When you get down to some serious mixing you'll probably get to some wider panning.

Also, some of those vocal delays felt a little off....felt to quick to me. That's always a pretty artistic choice though.

I hope you get your laptop back together to finish this one up.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 20:34:27
I like the song lyrics and that loping strum accompaniment @1roomstudio . Your thoughts on harmoniies and lapsteel sound right.
The lyrics come quickly and, since theyre important, just a little indistinct in a few places- vocal is good though.
Not sure about those delays- a little surprising for the style, perhaps best saved for the chorus?
I`ll listen again to the next version :yes: :yes:

Robert

• 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 04:41:58
I like the song lyrics and that loping strum accompaniment @1roomstudio . Your thoughts on harmoniies and lapsteel sound right.
The lyrics come quickly and, since theyre important, just a little indistinct in a few places- vocal is good though.
Not sure about those delays- a little surprising for the style, perhaps best saved for the chorus?
I`ll listen again to the next version :yes: :yes:

Robert

Thank you for the kind words @robertkc  you are not first to question the delay... it defaulted to 4 eighth notes and the piece is in 6/8... I switched it to 1 eight note and yeah.... itís not quite right.

• 1roomstudio
  • Poissonier
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 04:46:41
Pretty cool tune....I like it. Yeah...I hear that electric guitar maybe coming in around 1:45 or so. A volume pedal kind of thing would sound cool there. A lonesome sounding harmonica might be interesting in there somewhere as well.

Since you asked........I was thinking all along that I wanted more width to the production. When you get down to some serious mixing you'll probably get to some wider panning.

Also, some of those vocal delays felt a little off....felt to quick to me. That's always a pretty artistic choice though.

I hope you get your laptop back together to finish this one up.

Thank you @Leonard Scaper  interesting observation on the panning. Iíve been guilty of going too wide in past endeavors.... good to know Iíve overcorrected a bit on this one 😎

xx
WIP - Country song "Mango Tango"

Started by oorlab on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post April 07, 2017, 23:38:54
by Olbigead
xx
Old Country Song (Sketch)

Started by 1roomstudio on Songs for review

16 Replies
Last post October 28, 2019, 22:24:40
by 1roomstudio