• 'Poetry' - Positive Song Competition Entry -BACK IN!- IN-OUT SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!
  • Started by MichaelA
  • MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Karma Hunter

• September 22, 2018, 13:06:01
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
  • more
Thanks very much @CrystalSuzy,. OK so I am back starting to hatch a non-positive song in the background again, so yes this was not easy as it my second positive song out of my last three - unheard of ever really!  ;)

But these are very nice, encouraging words of yours and I appreciate the kind comments.  ::thumb::
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 14:42:31
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
I agree with @Zedd about the clever use of poetry in the song.
If writing happy or positive songs is not your natural habitat, then I would have thought there's no obligation to do that. Courageous to do it anyway.
I like your contribution a lot.
How I'll be able to choose is still a bit of a mystery to me. But I postpone the choosing untill I really have to.
@MichaelA
And read the how to thoroughly this time.
Kind regards, Gus

I'm expecting many more positive songs from you now @MichaelA. The idea you can't write positive stuff is completely dispelled by this gem.
Another great comp entry

Nice One

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

This is so very romantic @MichaelA ...... I think I would write music like this if I could sing. Great job! Nice interlude with the piano and guitar contrapuntal work and the Shakespearean quotations! 
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 14:42:31
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Ahhhhhhh......!
Welcome back!
Great!
Kind regards, Gus

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Karma Hunter

• September 22, 2018, 13:06:01
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
  • more
Hey @MrBouzouki , thanks I will bear that in mind. I probably do need to have a balance of positive v sadder songs in my little collection. I'll see what I can do, as Jarvis from your town once sang!  ;D

Hello @Nic, thanks for coming along and commenting on this. These are very encouraging words from you, and given your own music's depth, well if I can sometimes appeal to people like you I think that is an achievement indeed!  Happy me this morning!  ;D ::thumb::

Thanks @Bill from November Sound, that's a very nice comment too! You maybe need to steal the mic off your vocal-star wife one day and show us all what you can do!  ;D

Thanks for the 'welcome back' message @LePlongeur , much appreciated.

Beautiful guitar and voice.

I had no idea there were so many fingerpickers around these parts.  ::e-guitar3::

Really liked the lyrics too, very solid song. Kudos on using the poem, always wanted to do that. The piano at the end was a very nice addition as well.

I used to love songs with movie sound clips in them, seems to be less and less music with unique added soundbites. I should get back into that, I miss that a lot.

Long Nights
~Rich 
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.