• Started by Zedd
  • Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• March 18, 2020, 22:17:47
  • more
PUSH - Ashes for Dreams
on: February 05, 2020, 00:54:18
Hello all..

A new one from myself and @Jambrains - haven't been around much lately.. life is busy and there's far less music going on than my obsession is happy with  ;D ::) ::smiley::   but I guess you've gotta go with the flow  ;D

As always much fun was had on this one - never a dull moment..

This one a kinda song for today's crazy world.. or something. As always, for those who have time to listen, we would welcome all and any feedback.

This is Push:

https://soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams/push

Verse 1
Watching, waiting, real anticipation
The world is changing beyond expectations
Ignorance is not a limitation
When evidence is trumped by speculation
You avoid the questions and the explanations
If I look away I'll miss your true fixation

Chorus
Spinning, moving, changing now
What I knew is gone somehow
Everything's new, gotta feel my way
Every hour, every day

Verse 2:
You permit and you prohibit
Embrace your fans, ignore your critics
Push my buttons, push me to the limit
You'll never break me, never break my spirit
So line right up and take a ticket
I'll stand my ground, refuse to listen

Chorus

M8
Leaders lead and fakers quiver
What you say and what you do are different
You promise the earth but don't deliver
It's time to take a wedge from life and not a sliver

Chorus

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 04:30:36
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: PUSH - Ashes for Dreams
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:08:13
Go with the flow? That’s the only thing dead fish can do....
But I put my music on the back burner when family things required that. And I am still glad I listened to reason.

Whatever your reasons may be, you can alway pick your old speed/or maybe exceed that, later on.

I am glad for this one to happen.
Really!
A great song with great singing! My beautiful day will be even more beautiful @Zedd and @Jambrains
Kind regards, Gus

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:53:17
But I put my music on the back burner when family things required that. And I am still glad I listened to reason.

Whatever your reasons may be, you can alway pick your old speed/or maybe exceed that, later on.

I am glad for this one to happen.
Really!
A great song with great singing! My beautiful day will be even more beautiful @Zedd and @Jambrains
Kind regards, Gus

Yes priorities, family, life :) All good and you're right - plenty of time...  Thank you for listening @LePlongeur  and I'm glad your days are beautiful and that you liked our song!

Much appreciated..
K

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 19:47:29
Hey @Zedd and @Jambrains,

Yayy! :) :) I was so happy to see your post!! - I’m always looking forward to your collaborations!!!!

...and this is sounding brilliant!!! - What an energising track packed with very interesting elements! :D I always like listening to your combination of distinct @Zedd mark as imparted through the words, vocal and harmonies; and the signature @Jambrains guitars. You make such a great team! :)

These are some of the elements which I loved:

- Intro: Great and intriguing start which sets the right atmosphere from the very beginning. I like the staccato effect of the percussion, the words you sing and the way they fall in place, making one eager to listen to how the song will evolve.
- I loved the writing style throughout
- With respect to vocal melodies - I greatly dig this line - ‘Everything’s new, gotta feel my way’ – it sounds fantastic!! What a great way to lead to the ending line of the chorus! …And it is followed by such an intriguing instrumental melody between - 00:58 – 1:02! :)
- Verse 2: Great build up in soundscape, interesting introduction of new sounds which work so well together :)
- Beautiful vocal melody and harmonies in the bridge section (1:55) :) and cool variant at 2:26 (I really like the aahs in the background! :) )
- …and very fitting ending

Songwriting/ music is such a beautiful parallel universe to real world and it's always a pleasure to indulge in your creations on that part of the spectrum! :) You create such a beautiful atmosphere together and it somehow 'feels' that you had fun creating this. Thanks for sharing :)

Rachel
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 23:21:00
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 20:30:21
This is really fantastic in every way!!! So much energy that starts right off with that great percussion. I absolutely love how your vocals are handled in the mix.

You two have been doing this for quite a while and this tune underlines that.....from the writing and arrangement through the performances and the most excellent mix.......this is a RECORD in the old school sense of that term.

Gus, you absolutely crack me up!!!  ;D
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 10:21:17
@Rachel_D thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed review. Such lovely words and it’s wonderful to hear how it sounds to you. And you are right we are very lucky to have songwriting in our lives. You are also right that this was a lot of fun!! As always!! Thank you again - blown away by your comments  ::heart:: ::heart::

@Leonard Scaper yes we’ve been at this quite a while now. Hard to believe - it’s flown! Thanks so much for giving it a listen and for your lovely words. Chuffed!!

K

Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 11:52:13
@Zedd

This is great power song, the lyrics are emotive of the feeling you want to push into the listener and have a consistent theme.

The balance between the elements and the panning are pretty spot on, love the subtle addition of strings and the halfways between metal-esque and electronic feel that exposes itself at times.

Find updates on my travels and music on http://peakd.com/@montycashmusic

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 01:07:01
@Zedd A well worked out song with a definite bite to it. My guess is that you are referring to a political figure here who is being mentioned, but not fronted. Am I correct? The sound sometimes reminded me a bit of the band Garbage. I quite enjoyed listening to it. No critical notes really, it is good the way it is.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 16:13:07
Hola @Zedd

Great song!!!! I think the range of bass is weak on the music, the bass could have a fatter, less sharp sound, so its spectrum would soften the treble of the instrumentation.
Sometimes your voice does not distinguish well ..? Sometimes...
But apart from telling you these things that are just my point of view, it's a good song, very well developed and catchy. ::heart:: ::heart::
Kisses

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 23:05:54
  • more
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 16:35:42
HELLO  :o :o :o :o what a great Rocking hit song  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

great vocals, what a drive and energy in this song, and catchy and contagious as....well...let's not go there

awesome music! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
me, myself, and Pie

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 20:29:32
Hey @Dutchbeat - thanks so much for checking this out and for your colourful enthusiasm for it.. You are too kind! Delighted you like it.

@Mora Amora La Loba - thanks a mill.. Points being gathered and discussed should any tweaking go on to the mix.. Thanks for your time and comments and suggestions..

@Pleudoniem I have absolutely loved Garbage forever so I'm delighted to read such a comment.. Yes but not just him - it's become the norm.. This song has been kicking about for about 18 months (I think) and I can't quite remember whether it was the individual or the general movement of politics at the time that inspired it... It's whatever you want it to be I guess! Thanks so much for your comments..

@Monty Cash Music thanks so much for your comments on the song and the production - very much appreciated.

K

Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 12:52:01
@Zedd cool track and mix, the string runs are a nice refreshing touch.  It sounds like your audio converter freaked out at 2:26 onwards as I'm picking up some nasty intermitting pops and clicks from that point on, it will probably only need a fresh export. 

Great work though!

• Zedd
  • Executive Chef

• more
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 22:52:09
@Dara thanks for checking this out - I'm not hearing that actually tagging @Jambrains whose ears are far better than mine for such things :) Much appreciated..

K

xx
Would it Help? - New song from Ashes for Dreams :)

Started by Zedd on Songs for review

29 Replies
Last post July 03, 2017, 19:29:52
by Zedd
xx
Freeloader - Ashes for Dreams

Started by Zedd on Songs for review

17 Replies
Last post November 14, 2018, 23:26:05
by Zedd
exclamation
Call Out To Me - Ashes for Dreams