• Junior Cook
  • Carpe Diem

• June 03, 2020, 08:55:04
    • Draguignan, France
  • more
Request for opinions :)
on: June 02, 2020, 11:04:38
Hi all kitcheners,

I just uploaded on SoundCloud the latest instrumental song I worked on lately...

Feel free to listen, comment, criticize, or re-post :)

https://soundcloud.com/sebastien-grossetti/land-of-magic-sylvain-grew-enhanced

Have all a good and safe day!

Sebzzz

Re: Request for opinions :)
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 14:00:37
Hey Sebzzz - cool production here. It meanders along in a good way, good music to drive to I think! Nice little touches with guitars etc. I thought the drums could be made a bit more interesting a few more intricacy with the high hat/symbols and filler etc. Also its a subjective thing, but I always like a bit of a build towards the end of a song, or somewhere where it really builds into a crescendo then falling back. Its not a criticism, just what I like. But overall I like this, sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

• Sebzzz
  • Junior Cook
  • Carpe Diem

• June 03, 2020, 08:55:04
    • Draguignan, France
  • more
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 14:40:16
Wow, thanks a lot, that's very constructive :)

I'm not completely sure what you mean, with the drums intricacy... I'm not really into drums, I'm more strings-guy :)
Would you add more hit-hat, is this what you mean?
...and more towards the end, to create this "crescendo" effect you mentionned, or was this a totally different topic?

Thanks anyway!!

Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 20:26:42
Hey - I think just a few more fillers and a bit more variation on high hat and symbols but hey its a small thing. I was a drummer so I hear these things where other wouldn't! The crescendo point wasn't about the drums, more the song in general, but again its something I look for in songs, to build into something. Very subjective. Good song though mate, keep it up!

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 03:37:26
Nice work @Sebzzz   …. btw now I see it bzzz and the bees in your profile  :lol: ;D  … ha, ha I'm so dense. 

anyway ... the original version was not too shabby but, yeah, you made a nice mix out of it all. Cool arrangement.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 18:37:14
Solid piece of work @Sebzzz  easy on the ears for a Sunday morning studio warmup. 😋

I agree with @Polestar about the drums and the build. It seems the chord progression has at least three distinct parts. Chorus, Verse, Bridge? It’s all with the same snare hit and orchestration.  Could use a bit of variety .... it was refreshing when the guitar with chorus effect from the intro came back... nice touch! 👌

When the Bridge comes It’s time for the snare to either drop out or at least do something different... 🥁maybe hit twice? To increase the energy?

On the build... you already have a fairly dense mix... might be easier (maybe better?) to subtract rather than add to create a build.

In the same way that the snare is a bit repetitive the rhythm guitar 🎸is as well. If you were to pull it out for some of the middle it would give the rest of the instruments more space... then when it comes back it will be fresh again and build the energy.

These are only suggestions... you may well find a better way to take this up a notch.💥

Looking forward to hearing it again! 😎

xx
What are your opinions on twitch ?

Started by CharlieSmithMusic on Live performances

2 Replies
Last post October 15, 2020, 16:06:31
by CharlieSmithMusic
xx
honest opinions....

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

3 Replies
Last post May 04, 2019, 18:22:20
by Bill from November Sound
xx
Opinions wanted!!! (Please)

Started by LePlongeur on The kitchen café

3 Replies
Last post July 09, 2020, 09:21:22
by LePlongeur
xx
Ghost Seminar- New Song- Opinions Please :)

Started by Ghost Seminar on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post June 23, 2015, 17:06:33
by Dutchbeat
xx
opinions on fade outs (and on how to end a song)

Started by Dutchbeat on Songwriting Ingredients

4 Replies
Last post August 05, 2017, 20:45:54
by GTB