• Set You Free...Nic Evennett and Steve Gleason (aka Leonard Scaper)
  • Started by Leonard Scaper
Hey @Nic and @Leonard Scaper ....

As the others have said - stunning work! And congratulations on your new venture...

My only critique is on the harp at the end ... There's a timing issue (IMO) on the "left hand" piece which I think merits fixing... it makes it sound a little unnatural. If you can't hear it, I can be more specific but I'm guessing you know what I mean? By left hand, I mean the lower arp.

Wonderful song, performance and production guys - well done!

K

Yep, just my crappy playing, K. Nothing new there. Sigh...Let's call it stretching for expression and be done. ;)

Hey @Nic - I don't think it's crappy playing - it sounds like you've quantised and your DAW has decided on placing the notes a little bit other than where they should be.. I completely think it can be "fixed"... It's midi, right? If you want to send it to me with a bounced mp3 of the rest I'll see if I can fix it (I might not be able to of course but it's worth a try)... But seriously I think you could probably fix it yourself with a bit of quantizing and then editing afterwards...

OR... call it stretching for expression and be done!

K

The sad bit is that I don't set up my DAW that way, so I'm afraid it just is my playing. It's the keyboard straight in, no midi. ;D I know what happened. I am not only a hopeless player, but I can't keep time. I realised I was running ahead so pulled back. Thought I'd got away with it. Didn't. I'd like to say I'll learn, but at this late stage in life, I suspect I won't. ;) Bless you. Thank you for the offer.

Honestly it's minor so forget I even mentioned it... ::) ::)

I played the harp for many years so my ears are probably more "alert" when listening to harp than most..

As you were... nothing to see here... :o :o

K

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• August 31, 2019, 23:25:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Wonderful seconds cut guys. A very accomplished piece of work, very well done.  ::thumb::

Is the record deal in yet?  ;) ;D
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

Thank you @MichaelA .......chuckling at record deal.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

xx
Nic Evennett & Martin Horky: Little Island

Started by dr_Shad on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post December 03, 2017, 13:42:51
by MichaelA
xx
Martin Horky & Nic Evennett: The Swan

6 Replies
Last post February 05, 2017, 16:44:34
by dashyell
xx
Martin Horky & Nic Evennett: Waiting Game

4 Replies
Last post February 24, 2017, 11:13:48
by dr_Shad
xx
We have a new Moderator, welcome Leonard Scaper!

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

18 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 12:46:40
by Leonard Scaper
xx
a new track from Leonard Scaper and DB... i like it myself....

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

26 Replies
Last post June 11, 2017, 23:08:52
by Leonard Scaper