• muso1070
  • Apprentice
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 14:10:53
  • more
Silhouette Man Acoustic
on: May 19, 2020, 11:10:10
Hello all

About to record a full version for this song, any useful feedback or criticism would be great thanks.

Re: Silhouette Man Acoustic
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 13:09:34
Hello @muso1070 ........this sounds really good in my studio headphones. I really like the way you are playing and how your voice rides just right over it.

Not sure what you have in mind for a full production but I am hearing a bass guitar anchoring things and maybe just spreading that nice guitar out to give your voice even more room. I'd be keeping this one pretty sparse though.

Nice little intimate interlude a there at around 3:50.

I'm hearing some occasional minor clicking that is likely associated with the guitar.

Welcome to The Kitchen! Take a look around and see what others are up to. I'm betting something might resonate with you.

.....that next tune up (Open Road) is really good production. Some electric guitar like that could find its way into this tune as well.  ;)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:05:41
  • more
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 17:15:45
hi @muso1070   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that sounds good! nice vocal  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for Joining the Songwriters in the Kitchen Forum

:pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :dance: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :dance: :dance: :pompom: :pompom: :nopompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :dance:
i hope you will like it out here
me, myself, and Pie

• muso1070
  • Apprentice
  • Karma Hunter

• more
Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 14:06:14
Hello thanks for this yes definitely excited to start recording the studio versin soon be keeping it stripped back indeed. Less is always more as they say. Thank you I'll get a good look around  :thumbsup:

Hello @muso1070 ........this sounds really good in my studio headphones. I really like the way you are playing and how your voice rides just right over it.

Not sure what you have in mind for a full production but I am hearing a bass guitar anchoring things and maybe just spreading that nice guitar out to give your voice even more room. I'd be keeping this one pretty sparse though.

Nice little intimate interlude a there at around 3:50.

I'm hearing some occasional minor clicking that is likely associated with the guitar.

Welcome to The Kitchen! Take a look around and see what others are up to. I'm betting something might resonate with you.

.....that next tune up (Open Road) is really good production. Some electric guitar like that could find its way into this tune as well.  ;)

• muso1070
  • Apprentice
  • Karma Hunter

• more
Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 14:11:38
Hey thank you and for the warm welcome  :D :thumbsup:

hi @muso1070   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that sounds good! nice vocal  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for Joining the Songwriters in the Kitchen Forum

:pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :dance: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :dance: :dance: :pompom: :pompom: :nopompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :dance:
i hope you will like it out here

Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 14:36:35
Hi @muso1070  ….. Welcome to the kitchen! Very happy to have you here!

Good quality stuff, there. Very calming and beautiful. Very nice and emotive performance.

Only criticism I can give is I notice around 3 minutes or so ( as a new listener to your music) I kind of felt lost or bored a bit. But … I'm pretty confident that a full arrangement of this song can completely take care of that.

Good luck with your production! Keep us posted and of course feel free to look around and join in the fun here.  :ok:

Good show!

-11 ::Note::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need any help getting started you can contact me or any of the friendly kitchen staff.

Because this is a worldwide forum for which many English is a second or third language please consider posting lyrics to your songs on the thread.  Also kitchenauts love to get to know the new members around here so consider posting a little about yourself in the "Me" section  https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/me/1/
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

xx
Little Man

Started by EvanC1992 on Songs for review

13 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 14:34:58
by CrystalSuzy
xx
A Man I Cannot Be

Started by Timothy Smith on Songs for review

15 Replies
Last post January 14, 2019, 15:24:29
by Timothy Smith