• SMOKe
  • Started by Mora Amaro La Loba
SMOKe
on: December 19, 2020, 20:55:43
Hola a todos Merrrrrrry Christmas!!

Personally like this song, it was born quickly, already dressed and grown hahaha
but I always have doubts about the lyric and the volume of my voice.
Any correction that it may need would be added to the audio of the video that I would re-post in my Vimeo channel, leaving it improved.

Many thanks!! Here it goes

Mora

I look at your window
from mine

only two glasses
and life 
separate us

and that simple distance
stirs in that air
that we can't breath together

together together

I  smoke
my cigarette
slowly
as if it were your kisses
giving light
to what is buried
alive

and I sigh shrouded in smoke
filling my room
with sadness and something else

smoke smoke smoke
that drowns me
that blinds me
putting paper tears
on my face

only two glasses
and life 
separate us
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Re: SMOKe
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 14:10:15
Dark, menacing with a sense of foreboding - another classic from @Mora Amaro La Loba . Fascinating video as usual Mora - I love your cat's sense of timing. Your song might have arrived quickly, but sometimes this it is best to accept it that way. I wouldn't change anything about this - it's great!!!
Today I'm only one day older. Do you think my hair's turned grey?

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 15:34:16
WOW

POET

THIS

and that simple distance
stirs in that air
that we can't breath together

IS SO BEAUTIFUL SAID  :praise:

::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

Merry Christmas

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 22:07:34
Great song @Mora Amaro La Loba
The verse:
"only two glasses
and life
separate us"

is really powerful! :-)
Gabri Vux

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 00:04:53
Hi Mora,

Not sure what you seen through that window but it must have made quite an impression  ;D

Sometimes when I drive to work in the morning I see lights on in windows as people are getting ready for work. Sometimes I notice the lighted windows. One of these times I'm afraid I might see something I can't forget  :o

I am intrigued at the way you make the videos and music together. So far my time is mostly spent on the music. I have some video software but have not pursued it as much as you have. You are very creative in both video and audio work!

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 19:43:47
Dark, menacing with a sense of foreboding - another classic from @Mora Amaro La Loba . Fascinating video as usual Mora - I love your cat's sense of timing. Your song might have arrived quickly, but sometimes this it is best to accept it that way. I wouldn't change anything about this - it's great!!!

Hola @redmando
I haven't seen you for a while and I'm glad to see that you are well and active.
Thank you very much for your long comment.
My cat is a super star in some of my videos, he knows what a camera is and participates whenever he feels like it ...His name is Cooco

Take care, stay safe and Merry Christmas

Mora

• marcus_jb
  • Rotisseur
  • One-Take/Lo-fi Recordings

• January 22, 2021, 23:26:07
    • Sweden
    • https://soundcloud.com/marcus_jb
  • more
Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 11:15:17
Hi!

I just had a listen. I really like the vibe in this one. Very balanced production with a clear and addictive drive. Cool vocals and and layering around the 2:50 mark. Thanks for uploading!

Best Marcus

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• January 26, 2021, 19:02:00
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 13:19:02
I hope we know each other well enough that you wonít object me asking something.

When I try to understand what you write instead of taking everything at face value, I wonder if you perhaps intended to say
Dos ventanas

If so, two windows would be better.

If this is not what you meant to say, please tell me and Iíll listen again with your chosen words.

Thank you. Already I love it a lot!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 14:03:43
Hi!

I just had a listen. I really like the vibe in this one. Very balanced production with a clear and addictive drive. Cool vocals and and layering around the 2:50 mark. Thanks for uploading!

Best Marcus

Hola @marcus_jb
Thank you very much. Nice to meet you.
Yes, I like too the layering around this timing. Merry Christmas and stay safe

Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 14:05:41
I hope we know each other well enough that you wonít object me asking something.

When I try to understand what you write instead of taking everything at face value, I wonder if you perhaps intended to say
Dos ventanas

If so, two windows would be better.

If this is not what you meant to say, please tell me and Iíll listen again with your chosen words.

Thank you. Already I love it a lot!
Kind regards, Gus

Yes, it is true, it is about two windows but I want to talk about the panes of those windows, only two glasses separate us. It is incorrect? Oops!
Thank you very much @LePlongeur

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• January 26, 2021, 19:02:00
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 15:54:20
You donít have to ooops, @Mora Amaro La Loba
I asked because I like to understand what you are telling us. And I guessed that the windows were where you were aiming at.

Now that I do, I shrug it off and we do a poetic license. The poetís freedom to use any words she/he chooses.

Two glasses and our lifeís between us.
I love it to bits.
Iíll be back tomorrow for an eyeful and an earful of beauty.
Great! Thank you for posting it.
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• January 26, 2021, 23:22:18
  • more
Reply #11 on: December 23, 2020, 21:20:33
Hola Hola @Mora Amaro La Loba !

Ahhh, I love that sound!! :D
In my opinion for sure your voice deserves that loudness as it pulls right into your story :ok:
In terms of content, I think this is much more general than perhaps you intended.
For example, just look around the kitchen right here. We all sit behind our Windows, Mac OS ,Linux and Andoids..... With real life in between.
But I think we do quite well and in fact sometimes something 'real' can emerge if we let it instead to be upset about what we can't have right now.
But of course, i know what you mean.... i just wanted mention  ::dj::

Wish you the best and a big Christmas hug for you! ::heart::

Reply #12 on: December 24, 2020, 14:04:01
You donít have to ooops, @Mora Amaro La Loba
I asked because I like to understand what you are telling us. And I guessed that the windows were where you were aiming at.

Now that I do, I shrug it off and we do a poetic license. The poetís freedom to use any words she/he chooses.

Two glasses and our lifeís between us.
I love it to bits.
Iíll be back tomorrow for an eyeful and an earful of beauty.
Great! Thank you for posting it.
Kind regards, Gus

Poetry is a river that you never know where it is born or in what sea it ends, it simply appears as a sigh, right?
Thanks for your suggestion and for your time.
I hope you are in good spirits and in health.
Merry Christmas @LePlongeur

Reply #13 on: December 24, 2020, 14:23:15
Hola Hola @Mora Amaro La Loba !

Ahhh, I love that sound!! :D
In my opinion for sure your voice deserves that loudness as it pulls right into your story :ok:
In terms of content, I think this is much more general than perhaps you intended.
For example, just look around the kitchen right here. We all sit behind our Windows, Mac OS ,Linux and Andoids..... With real life in between.
But I think we do quite well and in fact sometimes something 'real' can emerge if we let it instead to be upset about what we can't have right now.
But of course, i know what you mean.... i just wanted mention  ::dj::

Wish you the best and a big Christmas hug for you! ::heart::

Hola hola @Mo !!!!
Happy to see you here!! Thank you very much for a so nice comment. ::heart:: ::heart::

What you say is true, in reality everything is windows, our eyes, for example.
I liked the idea of a woman who loves a person with whom she cannot be (this I leave to the imagination of each one) and who observes him from the window of her house living next to him although in an invisible way that moment.

The net thing is nonsense, we all look at everyone hahahaha it is a showcase of the best image of each one, a world of fantasy and egos that cannot be criticized because in reality it is about loneliness, in the best of cases , and from predators in others ... ::trumpet::

I hope you are well and that your fantasy world continues to grow and that you share it with us. ::smiley:: ::smiley::

Un beso muy GRANDE  ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 21:47:19
  • more
Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 20:15:40
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: @Mora Amaro La Loba , sounds good  ::headphone::
me, myself, and Pie

xx
Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

Started by Leonard Scaper on Songs for review

19 Replies
Last post August 19, 2020, 07:31:51
by IronKnee
xx
Through the smoke

Started by Mora Amaro La Loba on Songs for review

16 Replies
Last post October 23, 2019, 01:50:18