• Song Ideas
  • Started by Kafla
  • Kafla
  • Rotisseur

• April 21, 2020, 18:42:31
  • more
Song Ideas
on: April 27, 2014, 14:47:51
God I really need some motivation to get out of this fckn black hole of nothingness

2 song ideas , rough as they come , unflattering camera angle , loungewear on and unshaven for the weekend  ;D vanity should be banned in the kitchen anyway

Would welcome any comments , encouragement or derision - it's your choice - I have decided to post these mistakes and all  ;D

I hope everyone is ok - I am doing my best to musically survive honest  ;)

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:53:44
  • more
Re: Song Ideas
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 17:23:52
Ha Kaf, i wanted to listen to this, but both videos say: "this video is private", so i cannot watch...

do you dare to put it on "public" for a day or two  ;D ;D ;D ;D, so that we kitcheneers and kitchenettes can have a look?
me, myself, and Pie

• jmacdon
  • Poissonier

• March 17, 2019, 00:41:53
    • Coventry, United Kingdom
  • more
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 22:49:07
Wow!  Thank you Andy for posting these music videos - I now feel that i know you and understand your music much much more than what I would usually hear on SoundCloud.

I love the idea of playing live and you are demonstrating your talent right here in front of the world - you have an awesome voice and an ear for pop music  :) 

Thanks for posting these snippets and, trust me, your musical talent is natural so don't despair (!) you have talent big yin and the kitchen wants to hear more of it  :)

J.

• Michael
  • Rotisseur
  • Music Addict

• June 30, 2020, 23:03:37
    • Switzerland
    • https://soundcloud.com/michaelheider
  • more
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 23:02:13
Hey Kaf, good to see you back in the Kitchen, and even better to hear new material of yours  :)

I recognize the first demo, though when I first heard it I think it I think it was called 'True' ;)
Good stuff you're presenting, showing off your talent for catchy melodies.
Especially the chorus of 'Stay With Me', found that very very memorable... "my mother told me..."  Like that one a lot!

And as usual a top notch performance, even though this is live... :o

I hope and think you'll be soon again alive and kicking in the Kitchen and the musical world in generel, yoh certainly haven't lost your creativity  :)

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 12:19:18
Bloody amazing Kafla :) unshaven, lounge ware and all  :) I love both these song snippets in all their rawness  :) there's something quite compelling

about seeing and hearing you sing like this, and to get a glimpse of a new born song in all it's nakedness  :) I can't wait to hear them as full songs  :)

keep them coming...you're amazingly talented  :) :)

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:53:44
  • more
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 15:44:47
Unshaved, uncencored and BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Kaf, it seems you strive to write better songs than perfect ones....don't let your perfectionism become a problem

i don't want to sound like a preacher but......

i wish you can enjoy your gifts and talents and keep putting these songs out!!!! (and place them here on the kitchen   ;D  ;D ;D)

i also like these lyrics, there is always a nice lyrical hook or various lyrical hooks in your songs, i like that "I know you are only waiting for another chance to break the night in two"

SUPERNICE, never give up and enjoy the songs that you come up with

btw, how do you come up with these songs, lyrics first...just a few lines or one line first...or first chords and start singing a melody to it and fill in the words...where do the words come from???

questions.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:56:36

Hey Kaf

Great to see you in action my friend ;D ;D.....You're so young ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course I like them both ;D ;D  But the second one is my favourite....brilliant chord progression.
 You should certainly develop that one.....it has very long legs.....

Funny how you speak with a Scottish accent, but don't sing with one ;D ;D ;D  Must be half English ;D ;D ;D

Btw.....glad to see you close your eyes when you sing.....always a good sign, in my book, of someone
 getting enjoyment, and getting 'into' their songs ;D ;D

Great work mate ;D ;D

xx
competition ideas (now the write-a-song-about-your-hometown competition thread)

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

67 Replies
Last post June 02, 2018, 00:23:08
by Mar T.
xx
Any ideas for a new Competition?

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

13 Replies
Last post October 13, 2017, 02:43:32
by Mar T.
xx
Trying to come up with lyric ideas?