• Song recorded using new stuff
  • Started by Vince
Re: Song recorded using new stuff
Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 13:28:21
I was just sitting here listening to your song. I think the song is great and you sing really well and calm. I dig it!

Just some few minor things about the recording. My tips to you are to put the guitar more centerd but far back in the mix! How you do this is that you duplicate the guitar track and pan them parallell to each other from L/R :) Put some nice reverb on them also and BAM, you should have it. I would raise the vocal volume and probably put a de-esser on it to cut down the sharp "S"-sounds also :D

I didn't hear your last track you posted, but I think that you did a great job nonetheless!

With love
:D

• Vince
  • Chef de Partie

• Yesterday at 23:16:22
  • more
Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 22:11:07
Thanks @knownasbeppe  - it'll be  a good exercise  to try to carry out your suggestions since I'm still trying to figure out mixing. I appreciate it very much that you not only told me what I should do - but how to do it!

Thank you again, I should be able to work on this next week

Best,

Vince
Vince

• Cool Hand
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• January 01, 2018, 22:17:16
    • United Kingdom
  • more
Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 11:35:07
@ vincent-stewart I love the spoken word that breaks into melody.  Lovely lyrics.  This song demonstrates quite clearly that less can often be more.  Great production can enhance a song but this is eally all about the writing .  I really enjoyed listening.

Cool Hand

• Vince
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 01:12:52
Thank you @Cool Hand  I can't put into words how I feel when someone writes me and says they liked one of my songs, in your case enjoyed. It's a real confidence builder. Thank you for taking the time to listen and for letting me know.

Vince

Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 23:15:58
your delivery is awesome.. kind of whispering into the notes.. fucking right, man.
<3,
soundcloud.com/revivalchoir

• Vince
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:46
Thank you @revivalchoir - lots of practice in the bedroom.

V.