• Song Review: Chasing Silhouttes
  • Started by earl.andrade
Song Review: Chasing Silhouttes
on: January 09, 2019, 16:23:25
Hello this is my first post in this community!

I am Earl Andrade from the Philippines. I am a singer songwriter deeply influenced by blues, jazz, reggae, and psychedelic rock.

Lately, I've been focusing on merging my influences to create pop songs. I'm trying to find the balance between my artistic expression and ear-friendly and radio friendly songs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v97p6dYxHy4dIeS3njpRYuUo0vX0VtMN/view?usp=sharing

here is a google drive to the first single I recorded and its still being mixed.

https://soundcloud.com/earl-joseph-andrade

Here is the link to my soundcloud which contains some of my songs demos.

I will highly appreciate any response which I hope will lead to friendships and collaborations.

Looking forward to more content on this community!

Much love, Earl

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 08:08:58
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: Song Review: Chasing Silhouttes
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 16:55:23
Hi Earl
I have to check if ‘we’ already have people from the Philippines in the Kitchen.
Fact is, that there are many English speaking, and not so very good English speaking people who post here from all over the world.

I know where your islands are located but a bit unsure if the islands inhabitants have more in common with Indonesian or with say Japanese in common. Yellow Asians as opposed to brown.

First listen to your music give me the idea that it sounds rather European/American, which makes me all the more curious about the regular Philippines music.

If you speak Spanish, like some people from the islands I met in the past, it may be good to know that that are a number of Spanish speaking Kitcheners as well.

Welcome, and lots of fun being here.
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 17:28:01
The Philippine music scene is rich and diverse. It draws heavily from Western Modern Music but it does have influences of local styles.

My music is rather American/European because I've been exposed mostly to these kinds of songs and also it is quite ear-friendly and radio friendly. I'm aiming for a pop sound to get a larger audience for my music. I plan to later on release more artistic and personal songs once I do get a following and some leverage to record what I want. I know that is quite hard to do hahaha

The current music scene is rich in talent. Plenty are on Spotify such as Lola Amour, Carousel Casualties, The Ransom Collective,  IV of Spades, fern, tala, and plenty more.

Do you have any comments or suggestions with the songs I shared? I'm really focused on writing and recording songs at the moment. So I can plan song releases and performances.

Thank you for noticing my post!

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:21:40
  • more
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 17:40:19
hi @earl.andrade  let me start with welcoming you tothe kithen  ::thumb:: ::thumb::

thanks for joining

grab a kitchen chair and make yourself at home

and your music sounds very good to me, your vocal is very nice to listen to in my opinion  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::
me, myself, and Pie

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:34:12
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 19:32:17
Hey Earl! That song you are working on sounds great. When your vocals first came in I said out loud....Wow, this is good! Then I skipped around a bit on your Soundcloud page. I really like what you are doing and I think it will resonate with a lot of folks here.

Welcome to The Kitchen! Take a look around at some of the other threads and I'm betting you find some music that you like. We talk about all aspects of songwriting here and even a bit about recording and producing ......so as @Dutchbeat said, grab a kitchen chair, pull up to the kitchen table...and dig in!

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 21:54:08
A very interesting work
Congratulations  ::thumb::
Simplicity is something that is never lost if one is not ashamed of it.

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 01:19:58
hi @earl.andrade  let me start with welcoming you tothe kithen  ::thumb:: ::thumb::

thanks for joining

grab a kitchen chair and make yourself at home

and your music sounds very good to me, your vocal is very nice to listen to in my opinion  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::

Will do! Thank you for this!

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:22:13
Hey Earl! That song you are working on sounds great. When your vocals first came in I said out loud....Wow, this is good! Then I skipped around a bit on your Soundcloud page. I really like what you are doing and I think it will resonate with a lot of folks here.

Welcome to The Kitchen! Take a look around at some of the other threads and I'm betting you find some music that you like. We talk about all aspects of songwriting here and even a bit about recording and producing ......so as @Dutchbeat said, grab a kitchen chair, pull up to the kitchen table...and dig in!

Thank you! I appreciate it a lot! :D

I will explore the site soon!

Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 01:44:46
Hello @earl.andrade  Welcome to the kitchen! I hope you like it here.  :)
I went to your SC page ... nice work! I like your vocal delivery and your song writing is sounding very radio friendly to me!
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 04:02:34
@earl.andrade The googledrive song is catchy . Very well sung - lots of modern touches in the production.
I think you`ll find kindred souls here: Welcome!

Robert

Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 13:46:04
Hello @earl.andrade  Welcome to the kitchen! I hope you like it here.  :)
I went to your SC page ... nice work! I like your vocal delivery and your song writing is sounding very radio friendly to me!

Thank you! I appreciate this very much!!

Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 13:54:48
@earl.andrade The googledrive song is catchy . Very well sung - lots of modern touches in the production.
I think you`ll find kindred souls here: Welcome!

Robert

Thank you! the song is still being mixed and some parts being added to it! Hopefully, it gets on spotify soon!

Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 15:11:10
Nice to meet and learn about you here  @earl.andrade ! Very nice pop songs!

I wish you well in your pursuits. You seem very  gung ho which is a good thing.

As you noted earlier, the pop scene is a crowded one. In order not to be lost in a very large crowd many artists have realized they need to be out performing and/or have some other "schtick" to give themselves visibility. So I would ask what this is for you?

I have my opinions on the market I think this music is most likely to attract, but my opinions aren't based on anything but my opinion  ;)

Best to you!

Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 10:16:29
Nice to meet and learn about you here  @earl.andrade ! Very nice pop songs!

I wish you well in your pursuits. You seem very  gung ho which is a good thing.

As you noted earlier, the pop scene is a crowded one. In order not to be lost in a very large crowd many artists have realized they need to be out performing and/or have some other "schtick" to give themselves visibility. So I would ask what this is for you?

I have my opinions on the market I think this music is most likely to attract, but my opinions aren't based on anything but my opinion  ;)

Best to you!

In the Philippines, crowds tend to give lots of attention to individuals who are exceptionally good looking regardless of the quality of their music. This is not an insult to the Filipino's taste in music, but largely because those with talent and amazing music do not have the marketing and financial capacity to be "out there".

So for me, I think I'd make myself a very personal and relatable artist that listeners can find in small gigs and intimate venues as well as big ones. I'm also trying to find that sound that will define a chapter or a decade or a period in Philippine Music that people/generation will remember as a symbol of their youth and their life.

I have no specifics but I work on my craft everyday and constantly try to improve.

I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 21:03:44
Hi Earl! welcome!
I tried to listen to your Chasing silhouettes but I did not reach it, then I listen to some of your songs on Soundcloud...
Tell me, the first one,,... I like very much your style. It is fresh, direct, and your voice gives it a catchy style. I am sure your songs will be very well accepted here.
Bienvenido.
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

xx
new song for review

Started by Matt 45 on Songs for review

7 Replies
Last post July 24, 2016, 12:03:40
by JUXTA
xx
My first song for review :)