• Started by Leonard Scaper
  • IronKnee
  • Patissier
  • An Iron Chef

• January 25, 2021, 07:16:41
  • more
Re: The Healing Time
Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 06:10:19
Hi Leonard............The lyric reads, to me, like something in a vast and distant future............millions of years of evolution........can we ever really get there without that partial annihilation ? Maybe, I'm reading too deeply into this; but I am skeptical of the timing of this.
Awesome ponderings.
Great music, as always...............................love your stuff!
                                                                                                                      -Tom
I Know The Truth By My Struggle Against It

Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 06:18:15
I think this is partly why the song is so hopeful. To me it feels like a mixture of relief, hope and a sense of quiet recovery from what's gone before. It's the early steps to a better world.

In terms of a more universal peace and enlightened existence, I don't think we'll evolve into that for an extremely long time (if ever, or at least not with humanity as we know it).

But for now, things are looking better. The US has a person with a heart at the helm, and many people chose for that to happen. For me, it feels like a weight has been lifted and it feels safe to relax just a little.
"But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm." - Stevie Nicks

Followed by Lady Gaga on Twitter since 2009! ❤

Some of Monty's songs:
www.soundcloud.com/monty-la-meer

Reply #17 on: December 19, 2020, 05:08:40
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:13:17 by Goatrelated »
This is so beautiful......
I love it how you stretch the word laaaaaaaaay

And the healing time,
Such a comfort song

Thank you Leonard...

The last sentence in this song .."cause the healing time is come back around," you're voice is so broken and hoping, I guess that's how we feel...

Love you  ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
Merry Christmas

Reply #18 on: December 19, 2020, 12:25:46
@Leonard Scaper  :yes: :yes: :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Super Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Reply #19 on: December 19, 2020, 12:37:38
I guess I let this one go a bit after releasing it into this hurt yet hopeful world. It is wonderful to check back in now and see so much support for this feeling.

@IronKnee .....what a fantastic perspective on these lyrics. You're right in that this could be the distant future when we have finally learned to live together as one, but only after dealing with hard lessons. It makes me sigh to think that might be the case.

@monty_lameer .......I agree that the weight has been lifted a bit but @IronKnee 's perspective has me wondering. We need to hold on to the glimmer of light in this infinite moment in which we live.

@Goatrelated .....thank you so much, Goatie, for that warm and heartfelt appreciation.

@Marcus Nalgaber ..........Thank you, my friend, for giving this one a listen.

Thanks to all who have listened.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• January 26, 2021, 23:22:18
  • more
Reply #20 on: December 19, 2020, 18:46:50
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 18:57:57 by Mo »
"Sound will be the medicine of the future."

Reply #21 on: December 21, 2020, 00:35:42
 Nice work Leon, I'll admit to not being smart enough to figure out the song meaning. :)

• robertkc
  • Chef de Partie
  • Karma Hunter

• January 01, 2021, 03:37:53
    • Vancouver Island
    • https://soundcloud.com/user-564042721
  • more
Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 00:25:23
Beautiful work @Leonard Scaper   

Great message! You always such a positive spin on things even through the darkness. I admire that very much.

Love that "clarion call" lyric and then the part where "once again the land is safe and sound" really opens up!

The chorus is beautiful!

-11 ::Note::

Amen to Bill`s comments @Leonard Scaper  :yes: Its good to return here and find you still making contact with the voice within.
Really fine.

Robert

Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 02:00:55
"Sound will be the medicine of the future."

Yes it will.  8)

@Timothy Smith ....the message is simple enough, my friend. After a time of division and strife in the face of global pandemic...we need to look for the healing time.

@robertkc ....thank you for swinging by to check this one out, Robert. Yes...the voice still speaks to me on occasion.  ;)

xx
time for a new songwriting competition, an easy challenge this time?

Started by Dutchbeat on Challenges

6 Replies
Last post November 19, 2014, 13:58:52
by Dutchbeat
xx
first time here

Started by Dakoda on Songs for review

12 Replies
Last post December 03, 2016, 15:28:57
by Dutchbeat
xx
Any Time at All