• Patissier
  • Airborn

• Yesterday at 15:09:10
    • Denmark
  • more
The Kitchen Waltz - 3/4 - 6/8 Challenge
on: August 02, 2020, 11:18:39
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 16:15:20 by Krysoe »
Dear Kitchen friends here is my song for the Kitchen Challenge  6/8 or 3/4 Waltz theme. An interesting challenge you can attack in many different ways.
Sitting in my kitchen that morning, my approach from the very start was to let the waltz tell me how it was in the ballroom inspired by an old painted 1920 postcard  from Vienna in Austria - just to set the stage.

The arrangement is done in corporation with  my old friend John William Joergensen (as soon will be a Kitchen member) who share the same passion for music as me . Thanks to those who supported with feedback on the Lyric part.

Hope you will enjoy our contribution "The Kitchen Waltz"

https://soundcloud.com/klaus-rysoe/the-kitchen-waltz

1)
It's early in the morning
I stir the coffee in my cup
when the very first chords of a waltz are written
with ink on my lined paper block

2)
I imagine the music from ballrooms
where they dance under waves of light
where they sing and they swing to the music
sipping wine in the hot summer night

Ch/

Tell me
Tell me all of your stories
about candles the music and the lights
yes show me
show me all of your glory
in a waltz  - in the kitchen here tonight

Show me
show me the secret steps
show me the thing
between couples when it swings
souls on the fly
so very much alive
in a kitchen waltz
with my wife.

3)
The song progress on paper
and chords fall in love with the text
I knock the bell and call the waiter
please refill my coffee
and you will be blessed

4)
To write this song as a waltz
is an almost finished task
From Vienna to my Kitchen I sing
when my publisher calls me and ask

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 11:23:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: The Kitchen Waltz - 3/4 - 6/8 Challenge
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 10:17:31
O yes, I definitively like your entry. But I could do with a little bit of info who 'we' is/are.
Very divers entries. I like that a lot.

Good luck with KER music and with your entry!
Kind regards, Gus

• Krysoe
  • Patissier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 12:07:55
O yes, I definitively like your entry. But I could do with a little bit of info who 'we' is/are.
Very divers entries. I like that a lot.

Good luck with KER music and with your entry!
Kind regards, Gus

Dear Gus, thanks for the feedback. I have changed a little in the intro text   ::e-guitar::

Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 18:13:17
"from Vienna to my kitchen I sing" one of many good lines telling a sweetly personal story @Krysoe ... with a nice swirling big backing that sounds a little prog rock to my ears.
Well done to you and your friend :shinyteeth:

Robert

Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 20:30:31
Hola @Krysoe

Wow!  I am enojying a lot listening to many of the songs or the kitchen members!!!
It's a wonderful Waltsz, so well arranged and constructed, and the chorus, it's  great, great.
Congratulations and good luck!!!! ::thumb::
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 00:03:25
Love it!
 ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
:goatie:
Jeete

• Krysoe
  • Patissier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 16:59:50

• IronKnee
  • Patissier
  • An Iron Chef

• September 15, 2020, 16:39:44
  • more
Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 21:42:42
I like this.................I can envision a fine video to accompany this. Very rich imigery , to boot.
Kudos,
                             -Tom
I Know The Truth By My Struggle Against It

Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 15:23:57
I'm just saying... I've listened to this song 4 times already today... that must count for something @Krysoe  ::headphone::

The arrangement, the timbres, the voicings, the choice of instruments - it all appeals to me.
An organ comes in, almost missed it the first time because it blends in so well with all the stuff going on. Drums are flawless. Mix is great, perhaps a little hot, but there are volume knobs for that.

Thinking about how you've incorporated the process of creating the song as part of the lyrics, another brilliant in a whole string of ideas in this song. Not knowing if all these details and ideas were made intentionally or just came naturally... and I don't believe in just happy accidents, not at this rate at least, well this is enough to impress me.  :praise:

One of the great benefits of entering a challenge like this one is not only do we get to share music, enjoy other peoples music but also as we have invested time into it, learn something (intentionally or not) and this song has loads to teach.  :thumbsup:

Now, there are very few details that bugged me, albeit just slightly,  and I can't put my finger on what it was exactly but it has to do with clashing instruments. That's just me nagging and perhaps wanting things to blend as smoothly as possible, like the acoustic rhythm guitars and organ that are ear-candy in this one. (Had to say something negative, but I hope you ignore this part of me nagging).

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

::Rachel::
/Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

• BayBlues
  • Patissier
  • In Your Heart Lies The Truth

• September 11, 2020, 20:36:43
    • https://soundcloud.com/bay-blues
  • more
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 22:57:12
Really like the percussion and lead guitar  cool approach to a waltz......~~~~~*BB
Life Is A Journey Of Different Trips, This Is What Makes The Fabric Of Our Songs, Look Upon It As A Resource..............~~~~~*BB

• Krysoe
  • Patissier
  • Airborn

• Denmark
  • more
Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 15:11:15
I'm just saying... I've listened to this song 4 times already today... that must count for something @Krysoe  ::headphone::

The arrangement, the timbres, the voicings, the choice of instruments - it all appeals to me.
An organ comes in, almost missed it the first time because it blends in so well with all the stuff going on. Drums are flawless. Mix is great, perhaps a little hot, but there are volume knobs for that.

Thinking about how you've incorporated the process of creating the song as part of the lyrics, another brilliant in a whole string of ideas in this song. Not knowing if all these details and ideas were made intentionally or just came naturally... and I don't believe in just happy accidents, not at this rate at least, well this is enough to impress me.  :praise:

One of the great benefits of entering a challenge like this one is not only do we get to share music, enjoy other peoples music but also as we have invested time into it, learn something (intentionally or not) and this song has loads to teach.  :thumbsup:

Now, there are very few details that bugged me, albeit just slightly,  and I can't put my finger on what it was exactly but it has to do with clashing instruments. That's just me nagging and perhaps wanting things to blend as smoothly as possible, like the acoustic rhythm guitars and organ that are ear-candy in this one. (Had to say something negative, but I hope you ignore this part of me nagging).

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

::Rachel::
/Micke

Hejsan Micke,  Håber alt er bra med dig.

Thanks a million for your  detailed feedback. Yes it was a great challenge with this 3/4 - 6/8 Waltz theme. 
With regards to the process I have used. I composed the base melody and piano voice on my Yamaha MOXF added then drum tracks and bass before I recorded the Acustic Guitar tracks. Shipped a Mix down to my partner who added the EL guitar tracks.
Then I started to write the Lyrics and recorded them and finally I added the intro with synth ++ before Mixing and mastering.
24 releases of the song I have in my DAW until me and my partner was ok to ship to SoundCloud.
Regards
Klaus

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 09:01:21
  • more
Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 16:59:57
wow....i like this song a lot @Krysoe

those lyrics  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:....what a great compliment for this Kitchen  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

a very, very nice entry for the-write-a-song-with-a 3/4-or -6/8-time- signature challenge    ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 00:58:33
A hugely powerful and epic contest entry @Krysoe    !!!!     :thumbsup:
.... and you even used the kitchen in your lyrics ... too good!
Good show!!!!
-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 02:02:31
@Krysoe - I really enjoyed listening to your entry and its different elements - its nostalgic sound, the storytelling, kitchen references and the source of inspiration :) and that instrumental introduction is brilliant, I guess that's my favourite part, I could keep replaying that intro over and over!! :)
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

xx
Anniversary Waltz - Let's Waltz Again - Kitchen Challenge Entry

Started by Bill from November Sound on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2020, 13:18:16
by Layerson
xx
Waltz

Started by haven235 on Songs for review

15 Replies
Last post June 11, 2015, 00:16:12
by Drin
xx
The Lightkeeper`s Waltz

Started by robertkc on Songs for review

7 Replies
Last post June 29, 2019, 17:34:34
by robertkc
question
The kitchen collab challenge (last challenge of 2019) VOTING thread

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

103 Replies
Last post January 20, 2020, 17:47:31
by Mora Amaro La Loba
xx
The kitchen collab challenge (last challenge of 2019)

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

82 Replies
Last post December 23, 2019, 18:13:27
by Mar T.