https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo

Re: This Town - new mix
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 15:16:04
Hi,

I'll have to say that the mix sounds wonderful  and very balanced to me too. Very pleasing to the ear. And actually this is my kind of song/sound I enjoy when ever I would listen to a song (Easy listening) I had to play this song three times. Glad I got the chance to hear this song. Thanks for sharing.

Irwin

Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 00:22:39
Nice work @Jurgen  !!!!  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #18 on: November 29, 2019, 18:50:03
@Jurgen Well, to be honest, the guitar was one of the things that kept me busy. I am not sure, but it sounds as if one of the strings is slighty out of tune. I think you can remedy a lot of the comments on it when you fix that. Possibly a pitch corrector might do the trick, if you don't object to using them.

As for the entire composition, that sounds quite alright to me. I agree with @Mora Amaro La Loba that you chose a theme that is quite universal. I think the word for it is a smalltown mentality. Worse, these things also play in other communities than towns.

I agree with @oorlab about the drums. I must say that I was expecting them, but the song is also fine without them. My reckoning is that what you can do with an acoustic guitar should be feasible on an electric. It might be a slight bit softer, possibly.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

• seriousfun
  • Rotisseur

• Yesterday at 18:53:31
    • Rotorua, New Zealand
  • more
Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 00:51:49
I had a good listen to the mix and it sounded good to me.  Maybe just a tad thin during the first section. I was thinking to myself, we need some bass and then it arrived so all good there.  With that in mind the thinness for that short duration is acceptable as it gives you a mini lift so all sorted really.

I am listening on my recording setup so I have a full sound set up going and the balance for that was spot on. 

If I have a suggestion for improvement it would be to shorten the solo or change the chord progression a little for the solo.  As it is there is not enough variation to hold the listeners attention for the duration of the solo.  two ways to remedy that, halve the length of the solo and the short sweet non repeating lines would be great, or secondly and probably better, would be to introduce a small variation on the chord structure for the backing which would open up some room for more variation.  But hey, I cant play a solo to save myself so keep or sweep.

Overall a classy piece of song writing, a track I really enjoyed.  Good luck going forward with this piece its very good with fantastic vocals :)
Part time musician, photographer, astronomer, computer pragramer and husband.

xx
Home town song competition entry - Small town (half of JuneMay)

Started by junemay on Songs for review

25 Replies
Last post June 18, 2018, 00:03:16
by CrystalSuzy
xx
Home Town Boy.....Home Town Competition

Started by Leonard Scaper on Songs for review

32 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 22:18:26
by The C&D Project
question
Mix/Production: How to manage the low frequencies in your mix?

Started by Mar T. on Songwriting Ingredients

27 Replies
Last post December 30, 2018, 01:33:54
by Timothy Smith
xx
This Town

Started by Jurgen on Live performances

2 Replies
Last post June 11, 2019, 13:44:00
by Jurgen
xx
This Town