• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 09:43:03
    • Yorkshire
  • more
Thorn ~ Emmazen
on: May 20, 2020, 08:37:37
Hi everyone..I hope you are all okay and staying safe. I've been out of the loop for a while now as I had no studio . Managed to set something up near the kitchen.. literally...so in between various members of the family banging doors and crisp packets rustling I've manged to record something ! It's a classical piece really but thought I'd upload it here for you guys ...Em x

https://soundcloud.com/arsivall/thorn-written-performed-and-produced-by-emmazen-april-2020
ďIt is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.Ē Antoine De Saint-Exupery

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:21:54
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: Thorn ~ Emmazen
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 08:55:43
See? Here it happened again.
I posted.
The system tells me I am not allowed to post it again. And when I Check if it's there, it is gone.
But this time I have the system bullies by the balls; I made a copy before posting. So, TADAAAAAA:

If angels could sing, @Emmazen , they would do this sort of songs.
For me very emotional as it resembles the best the 80's had to offer.
Fantastic performance!

Glad to have you back, safe and beautiful sound (I know I'm murdering your language). Don't keep us waiting for the next? Please?
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 19:28:39
Hola @Emmazen

Even with no much material for working you did a so delicate song. Congratulations, the atmosphere you reached is wonderful, ethereal, a rest for this time. ::heart::
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:21:54
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 16:04:50
What???
26 views and 2 replies???
Well...., Iím not after your bum, but if it takes a 100 spins and a 100 posts and a 100 compliments Iíll do it. Iíve done crazier things for things I believe in.
And I believe in this song!
Kind regards, Gus

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• May 23, 2020, 10:00:55
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 20:20:59
This is very beautiful. Soothing and timeless.
'Galleon of the Heavens' and the atmosphere suggests a church vibe. A lament may be?

I didn't hear any crisp packets rustling, but will listen later on good headphones. I like that kind of details in recordings, make it human.
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 23:01:20
  • more
Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 18:49:42
WOW, this has an ultimately high WOW factor!!!!!   @Emmazen  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

these vocals are STUNNING !!!!!!

wow... @Goatrelated , you will like this too...i am sure  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
me, myself, and Pie

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 11:00:34
See? Here it happened again.
I posted.
The system tells me I am not allowed to post it again. And when I Check if it's there, it is gone.
But this time I have the system bullies by the balls; I made a copy before posting. So, TADAAAAAA:

If angels could sing, @Emmazen , they would do this sort of songs.
For me very emotional as it resembles the best the 80's had to offer.
Fantastic performance!

Glad to have you back, safe and beautiful sound (I know I'm murdering your language). Don't keep us waiting for the next? Please?
Kind regards, Gus

Hi Gus...thank you so much for listening and lovely feedback . It's good that it has an 80's feel , I guess that's probably a period of my life where music had the most influence ..and it shines through somehow . There were some great melodies in the 80's ! This track was written and recorded in a couple of days which is a rarity for me ...the lyrics are excruciating to write and sometimes never actually materialise at all which puts paid to any grand song ideas ( my computer is filled with so many unfinished songs )  Really appreciate your support  and lovely feedback .Thank you again Gus ..Em :-)

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 11:05:57
Hola @Emmazen

Even with no much material for working you did a so delicate song. Congratulations, the atmosphere you reached is wonderful, ethereal, a rest for this time. ::heart::

Hi Mora , lovely to meet you :-)  It has been so long for anything to materialise from the Emmazen creative cellars due to being studio-less . It's so good to be back ! ...this one just popped up by itself . I heard it before I could actually write it but was so glad it was a clear enough wind to hear accurately enough to convey what I'd heard in the ether ...thank you so much for listening Mora ...and your heart :-))

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 11:06:46
What???
26 views and 2 replies???
Well...., Iím not after your bum, but if it takes a 100 spins and a 100 posts and a 100 compliments Iíll do it. Iíve done crazier things for things I believe in.
And I believe in this song!
Kind regards, Gus

Oh Gus ...thank you ...thank you <3

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:13:31
This is very beautiful. Soothing and timeless.
'Galleon of the Heavens' and the atmosphere suggests a church vibe. A lament may be?

I didn't hear any crisp packets rustling, but will listen later on good headphones. I like that kind of details in recordings, make it human.

Hi Dick ...it's good to see you here :-)  It was so nice just to renter the creative process again and retrieve this one from the ether. Yes..definitely a heartfelt lament  . Thank you so much for your lovely ears . I'm so glad the crisp packets and boiling kettle didn't show through the seems too much as I was trying my hardest to be sacred  and serious  ;D
Best wishes and Thank you again Dick :-)

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 11:23:14
WOW, this has an ultimately high WOW factor!!!!!   @Emmazen  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

these vocals are STUNNING !!!!!!

wow... @Goatrelated , you will like this too...i am sure  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Dutchbeat   :) Good to meet you here. Thank you so much! ..just awesome to read  and you've made my day. I am so glad you enjoyed this one :dance: . It's been such a long time since anything has been able to materialise out of the store cupboards in my creative kitchen ..well it feels that way anyhow. This one came from the depths .. A Really big  Thank you for hearing and lovely feedback !! Em :-))

• Mo
  • Poissonier

• Yesterday at 22:06:09
  • more
Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 13:46:30
 very very very nice !!! :loveit:
@Emmazen

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 09:41:55
very very very nice !!! :loveit:
@Emmazen

Thank you so much Mo ! Good to meet you here in the kitchen too . So glad you enjoyed this track  :thumbsup:  :loveit: Being in full lockdown with 4 people it's been hard to find some recording space with all the noise around me ..so pleased I managed to do this despite the bonkers-ness of the situation. Really chuffed you like it . Em :-))))

xx
Hi from Sydney - Thorn River Writers

Started by jamesmcc on Me

4 Replies
Last post April 27, 2017, 16:33:16
by Zedd
xx
The Silent Spring - Dave Bradley featuring Emmazen

Started by Dave Bradley on Songs for review

14 Replies
Last post March 06, 2015, 09:12:26
by Dave Bradley