• Thorn ~ Emmazen
  • Started by Emmazen
  • MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 23:54:02
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Re: Thorn ~ Emmazen
Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 09:35:35
Good to see you back creating lass :-)
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• September 19, 2020, 08:52:46
    • Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 10:08:32
Eyes closed Spine tingling Good @Emmazen . I can hear influences but forgot them as the mood swept over.
It does take adaptability and ingenuity to stay creative through these different times; I look forward to hearing  more of your lovely music.

Robert

Thank you so much Robert . That is really good to know :-))
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine De Saint-Exupery

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 10:09:46
Just a small note to tell you I've been back for another magic wand listen.

As an artist you can hope for no more than to organize the mood/emotions of your audience. And you organize mine really good, @Emmazen
Next one please!
Kind regards, Gus

Thank you Gus . that is so lovely to know :-))

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:48:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 14:59:52
Just to let you know (no) your voice is not easily forgotten.
The reason or main reason that brought me here is your music.
But then I also remembered, that you find it difficult to write the words.

A while ago I started a ‘Prompt Writing’ thread in ‘ingredients ‘.
Every fortnight or so an impulse to write something about a subject you’d never dreamt of writing about.

I hope you take the time @Emmazen and maybe it’s just for a laugh and maybe the kind of trigger that puts you in the writing mode. Nothing dad serious, but just a light and playful thing.

I really hope to see you there and bolster up your courage.
Kind regards, Gus

• Tolo
  • Patissier

• Yesterday at 07:13:54
    • Johannesburg
  • more
Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 19:59:13
There are moments when this really flies - and takes your soul with it... I hear the Enya comparisons - but there is something more sublime going on with the harmonics flying around that give it another angle and octaves merge into one - a bit like some Sarah Brightman timbres in the higher soprano regions.  Some lovely chord changes - and big percussion highlights to emphasise certain passages. Actually really nice - lush production  - swimming in verb (which I too love to do) - I do feel that it could have promised something more from the build before the ending - almost a taste of a follow up.  I also love the title - it is a great word and so descriptive of many things...

Well done - I enjoyed this very much - and allowed me to close my eyes and forget the world for a while.

Tony
Pro Tools 2020.5
UAD Apollo Twin Duo
Furman AC210E
10.13 High Sierra
SSD Thunderbolt Audio
i9 7900 10 Core
64G Crucial DDR4

www.tonylowther.com

• LostBoy
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• October 02, 2020, 21:36:15
    • South east London
    • https://soundcloud.com/LostBoy85
  • more
Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 22:23:10
Well that is a really wonderful, mesmerising track with some glorious vocals. Fantastic job, u hulk smashed it!😄🎶👊🏻🎶

Because it is sooo good and the production is sooo good I’m gonna nit pick just a tiny amount. 😊 there are little pops and mouth noises that can easily be edited out throughout the track. Some are as follows
1.18-1.20, 1.36, 2.22. I’m sure most would say, oh shush Leo, it’s barely noticeable, BUT to them I would say, hey, you’ve done such a great job with it up to this point why not just give it a tiny bit more polish as it deserves....after all, this is as good as Enya, and you don’t hear these cheeky little noises on her songs. Just my two cents and feel free to ignore.

Fabulous song!😄🎶👊🏻🎶

Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 12:19:47
Hola @Emmazen
Beautiful piece, delicate and feminine, I love the atmosphere and the reverb is great, very nice work, ::heart::
If you could share the lyrics it would be great !!!
Be safe!

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• Emmazen
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #22 on: September 19, 2020, 08:51:28
Thank you so much for all your lovely feedback  :loveit:  A new job with extra long hours has taken me away temporarily from my music , it's only a temporary situation until the end of November this year but it won't allow for any free time. So I just wanted to thank you all for your great feedback. I agree with the comments that the piece has popping sounds in the recording  that need to be cleaned up . it really was frustrating to be recording next to the kitchen with a house full and  literally I ran out of patience stopping and starting the recording all the time ...and then the dog would bark too ! I did the recording over a period of about two days which was a bit of a rush job to be honest . It's been such an annoying process. The good news ( for me anyway ) is that I now have the space upstairs in a quieter room to record . We just need to relocate and lug  the  computer and keyboard etc up there and things should improve. i am hoping I have the technical skills to clear some of those reverb pops then . Thank you so much to you all , I'm so sorry I can't reply individually as I'm back at work in an hour or so , but I want you to know how grateful I am for your listening ears , knowledge and support
.Lyrics :-

Thorn

Thorn, how you pierced me
When I sought you with my heart
I bathed in your Pure Love
I breathed in your Grace

Chorus

I Prayed
To be held in your arms
I danced with your loveliness
And I thought we'd never part
Again

Galleon of the Heavens
You gave me your Gold Ring
With Rubies like your Passion
You broke me within

Chorus

I Prayed for you
Now I run away and I flee
For all your sweet Rose Thorns
Will Pierce me
And my heart
..Will Bleed

( Repeat again )

April 28th 2020
© All Rights Reserved

'For the benefit of the roses, we water the thorns too'.

Best wishes Emma  :)

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:48:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #23 on: September 19, 2020, 10:35:09
Always expect me to react a bit against the grain @Emmazen
I put my music on the back burner when our children were small and I don’t regret having done that.

Please ask yourself:
Do you want to angle in millions?
Then the production nd the recording must be spotless.
If not?
You waved around your magic wand and when there was no song, you went into the broom closet or whatever and then there was one. And what a beauty it is. People who hear plops have listened carefully, which is a compliment too.

I have many recordings with children yelling ‘hoi pap’ through my music.
That is a lesser problem than that they don’t greet you or that the dog suddenly stops barking.

My advice would be: if you don’t want to get rich overnight, enjoy your songwriting. Read what they say about your song and your singing and be proud. Who needs perfection? Nothing more boring than perfection.
Celebrate your creativity.
And give us hope that you’ll write again.
Have a great weekend.
Kind regards, Gus

xx
Hi from Sydney - Thorn River Writers

Started by jamesmcc on Me

4 Replies
Last post April 27, 2017, 16:33:16
by Zedd
xx
The Silent Spring - Dave Bradley featuring Emmazen

Started by Dave Bradley on Songs for review

14 Replies