• Through the smoke
  • Started by Mora Amaro La Loba
Through the smoke
on: October 11, 2019, 18:35:23
The paths of life are made of moments, each one for its time, and it is now when I can see myself from afar, with other eyes, this time friends.

Through the smoke
through the smoke
through the smoke
of my cigarette

I spy
I spy
I spy
your window

sitting on the steps
of a closed shop
in front your house

sitting on the steps
of a closed shop
in front your house

your house,
my home
your house

Your house
my home
that house where I grew up
surrounded by sweet ghosts

that house where I dreamed
in which I was forgotten
abused
erased
in which I was forgotten
abused
erased

Oh mummy, mummy
you was so blind
oh mummy, mummy
I was so child
Oh mummy, mummy
you was so blind blind blind blind

A tear slide down my face
I take it off with a swipe
it's not time to cry, no, no,
it's not time to cry

larara larara larirara

Through the smoke
through the smoke
through the smoke
of my cigarette

I spy
I spy
I spy
your window

sitting on the steps
of a closed shop
in front your house

sitting on the steps
of a closed shop
in front your house

while my smoke deletes
everything
while my smoke deletes
everything

larara larara larirara
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 19:54:20
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Through the smoke
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 15:56:20
This piece goes deep @Mora Amaro La Loba . I appreciate that. These images are universal........many folks will be called back to times of their own lives as they resonate within them.

I'm glad I waited until I was here in the studio to listen on my good headphones so I can just close my eyes and take this journey with you.

Once again, Marcus' guitar tones are SO good. Hid tasteful accompaniment creates a wonderfully dynamic counterpoint to your trademark emotive vocals
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 14:36:33
The homes, those places where only love would have to exist ... In reality we are all puzzles with the pieces more or less well placed @Leonard Scaper   But life is what we do with us so it's good to make us beautiful!!!

Thank you for your time.

• Jurgen
  • Sous Chef
  • Just strumming away

• Today at 00:56:39
    • Sydney, Australia
    • https://www.facebook.com/drivingsouthband/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygXcTLN2FroxhUQM_90J6Q?view_as=subscriber https://soundcloud.com/user-386444683
  • more
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 23:42:06
Very powerful @Mora Amaro La Loba

The song is very atmospheric, great guitar of course and you create a wonderful haunting feel which matches the lyrics.

The lines:

in which I was forgotten
abused
erased
in which I was forgotten
abused
erased

Oh mummy, mummy
you was so blind
oh mummy, mummy
I was so child
Oh mummy, mummy

Are very strong and thought provoking.

I thought they some of the grammar could be changed eg: "You were so blind", "I was your child"

But after listening to this, the words you have fit and portray so much that those minor edits wouldn't really make any difference.

cheers

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 17:52:08
Very powerful @Mora Amaro La Loba

The song is very atmospheric, great guitar of course and you create a wonderful haunting feel which matches the lyrics.

The lines:

in which I was forgotten
abused
erased
in which I was forgotten
abused
erased

Oh mummy, mummy
you was so blind
oh mummy, mummy
I was so child
Oh mummy, mummy

Are very strong and thought provoking.

I thought they some of the grammar could be changed eg: "You were so blind", "I was your child"

But after listening to this, the words you have fit and portray so much that those minor edits wouldn't really make any difference.

cheers

Hi @Jurgen thank you for your suggestions, I find they are perfect...  In a next future I can replace my actual video on Vimeo

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 01:04:21
From the opening everyday image the lyrics go deep @Mora Amaro La Loba - and from uncomfortable haunting memory, returns to that place with resilience : "its not time to cry".
This is moving... and the beautiful guitar of Marcus compliments very well.
I enjoy the whole of your music - an unmistakeable sound ::thumb::

Robert

• Lane
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• November 03, 2019, 21:43:26
  • more
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 04:29:59
as I listen and read your lyric, there is that touch of sadness in me..and then I feel the strength in you and your music
as it starts to heal the reader.

I loved the video,. and the listen @Mora Amaro La Loba      Lane

Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 08:08:15
The Intro is so good, the rest , of course ,too. What Prog do you use for your videos? That is oh so good, too.
Haunting and deep , this song. That is your style and you deliver it so well. Come back to listen to it in the studio, to get the full dimension.
 :thumbsup: Chris
OUR NEW CD BLUE LINE OUT NOW :
https://blueattitude.hearnow.com/

Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 14:02:15
From the opening everyday image the lyrics go deep @Mora Amaro La Loba - and from uncomfortable haunting memory, returns to that place with resilience : "its not time to cry".
This is moving... and the beautiful guitar of Marcus compliments very well.
I enjoy the whole of your music - an unmistakeable sound ::thumb::

Robert

Hola @robertkc

Gracias! After everything has happened Life is an amazing film !!!

Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 14:15:03
Haunting and moving @Mora Amaro La Loba

I was drawn in as always by your unique sound and treatment. This one runs deep I feel.. at least thatís what comes across to me as a listener so job beautifully done. Brava!  ::heart::

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 22:32:33
as I listen and read your lyric, there is that touch of sadness in me..and then I feel the strength in you and your music
as it starts to heal the reader.

I loved the video,. and the listen @Mora Amaro La Loba      Lane

Thank you very much @Lane for watching and commenting!!!! You are very kind!!!

Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 22:39:36
The Intro is so good, the rest , of course ,too. What Prog do you use for your videos? That is oh so good, too.
Haunting and deep , this song. That is your style and you deliver it so well. Come back to listen to it in the studio, to get the full dimension.

A big kiss for you @Chris Spruit!!! Thank you. I use Adobe Premiere for my videos, it's a very intuitive program. When recording images I work with a Panasonic 4k, a Go Pro or a Canon 4K. I shot a lot of footage of myself with one or 2 of the cameras and then I mix the images... Each resolution has a unique color depending on the light.

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 22:40:48
Haunting and moving @Mora Amaro La Loba

I was drawn in as always by your unique sound and treatment. This one runs deep I feel.. at least thatís what comes across to me as a listener so job beautifully done. Brava!  ::heart::

Thank you @Zedd, you are very nice, really.  ::heart::

Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 14:49:02

A big kiss for you @Chris Spruit!!! Thank you. I use Adobe Premiere for my videos, it's a very intuitive program. When recording images I work with a Panasonic 4k, a Go Pro or a Canon 4K. I shot a lot of footage of myself with one or 2 of the cameras and then I mix the images... Each resolution has a unique color depending on the light.

I see you are still at this! You are very good at mixing these images and haunting music. The lyrics give me the sense of actually being there .
I feel what you felt writing the song.

I need to update my video setup. Using Vegas Movie Maker which isn't bad however it is mostly in the windows world and does not translate many of the files meaning i need to convert everything. Thanks for sharing this!

Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 17:31:49

I see you are still at this! You are very good at mixing these images and haunting music. The lyrics give me the sense of actually being there .
I feel what you felt writing the song.

I need to update my video setup. Using Vegas Movie Maker which isn't bad however it is mostly in the windows world and does not translate many of the files meaning i need to convert everything. Thanks for sharing this!

Hola @Timothy Smith

Thank you. You are very kind saying this.
I do not know Vegas Movie Maker... But now I have to learn working with another program than Adobe, my Mac updating talks about a change of the mp4 resolution and the Adobe (by now) doesn't contemplate working on this resolution. By the moment I still work as always but knowing soon I'll have to begin again... hahaha My God!

xx
Human Smoke

Started by digger72 on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post October 24, 2013, 23:29:37
by CrystalSuzy
xx
Blowin smoke

Started by Guitarded1977 on Songs for review

2 Replies
Last post June 30, 2015, 16:46:35
by Boudewijn de Koning