• "Together" - a song written for licensing
  • Started by jameswoolwine
"Together" - a song written for licensing
on: December 30, 2018, 17:13:37
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 20:21:31 by jameswoolwine »
This was written for licensing, but my co-writer and I would appreciate some feedback on the songwriting before we start thinking about professional demoing.  I'm just singing into my computer mic here, so please tolerate the low quality.  Here is a streaming link, and lyrics are attached.  Thanks for listening!

https://s.disco.ac/bmxlnkjdwmbj

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• May 25, 2019, 23:43:29
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Re: "Together" - a song written for licensing
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 19:16:20
Hi there, for more feedback you'd be better off sharing the song via a link to a Cloud service. Cheers.
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 19:51:21
Ok, thanks. This is my first time here.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 23:02:08
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 20:15:13
hi @jameswoolwine , welcome and thanks for joining this forum!

your demo sounds good to me  ::thumb:: ::thumb::

me, myself, and Pie

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 12:22:00
Hi @jameswoolwine  - welcome to our friendly forum. Your demo sounds good - I listen to it streaming via
https://jameswoolwine.disco.ac

What do you mean with licensing, and who is your co-writer? How do you share tasks? Do you have a recipe for making songs.

Your song "Together"  has an American feel to me. Optmistic.
Keep at it!
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 13:28:37
Would love to listen, but not comfortable with that url - or downloading for that matter.

Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 15:44:17
Hello,

I think going forward it will be better to post Youtube videos.

In response to "M57" who was not comfortable with the URL I posted, I understand your caution but I can assure you it's safe.  It links to a music sharing service called "Disco" which is awesome. 

In response to "Oorlab", licensing means music for television/film placement.  My co-writer is someone I connected with through a Licensing course.  He gave my lyrics, which we edited together and I wrote music.  I don't have a specific process for writing, though I generally do music before lyrics.  Thanks for listening.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:19:13
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 16:45:46
Pretty cool tune @jameswoolwine . It has a nice pop type feel that could lend itself to a bigger production. I'd hang on to that perky acoustic guitar, though as it moves the song along nicely. Some of the lyrics are a bit on the fluffy side, but that can work well in pop these days.

I'll be watching for where you and your co-writer go with this.

Welcome to The Kitchen, btw. While you're here you should take a look around at some of the other threads....you may find some inspiration for this one as you develop it.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 17:06:19
Thanks Leonard!

Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 18:08:16
It links to a music sharing service called "Disco" which is awesome. 

The link goes to a very sparsely populated page that asks me to either log on or sign up - but with no links to a home page or any other information about the site.

Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 01:20:53
Hi @jameswoolwine    welcome to the kitchen. This is a great place to be. You can get some good advice, a second set of ears for your tunes and have some fun with a friendly group of songwriters .. as well as collaborations and challenges.

I'll honestly say I've gotten as much or more from this forum than I have from paid sites and courses.

Yes you'll be better off with SoundCloud, Youtube etc.. Often our members will post private or unlisted tracks when the song is still in "evaluation phase" .  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.