• Started by Tolo
  • Tolo
  • Poissonier

• January 09, 2021, 13:54:19
    • Johannesburg
  • more
Tolo - 'This Life'
on: December 24, 2020, 14:47:26
Happy Holidays everyone - I hope your worlds are all at peace today.

Please find my latest track - 'This Life' - it is all about the seconds that make up our lives and how we can become oblivious to the fact that the clock is always running - despite our best attempts to deceive ourselves. This has been a difficult year for us all - and I only hope we can learn to appreciate what those seconds bring us - love, fear, beauty, loss, amazement, happiness, loneliness - the list goes on - before you know it we will all be invisible and it won't matter anymore - all those moments 'lost like tears in the rain'...

I send you all best wishes for peace - however you spend these days - and here is to a better 2021 for us all.

Feedback always appreciated of course - but try and wait until the end - when you can really hear the clock ticking and the seconds really do count. 

Best to all

Tony

https://app.box.com/s/eudvd06mq64q9jgisyyogshc9yfllxai
Pro Tools 2020
UAD Apollo Twin Duo
Furman AC210E
10.13 High Sierra
SSD Thunderbolt Audio
i9 7900 10 Core
64G Crucial DDR4

www.tonylowther.com

Re: Tolo - 'This Life'
Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 18:20:13
Happy Holidays everyone - I hope your worlds are all at peace today.

Please find my latest track - 'This Life' - it is all about the seconds that make up our lives and how we can become oblivious to the fact that the clock is always running - despite our best attempts to deceive ourselves. This has been a difficult year for us all - and I only hope we can learn to appreciate what those seconds bring us - love, fear, beauty, loss, amazement, happiness, loneliness - the list goes on - before you know it we will all be invisible and it won't matter anymore - all those moments 'lost like tears in the rain'...

I send you all best wishes for peace - however you spend these days - and here is to a better 2021 for us all.

Feedback always appreciated of course - but try and wait until the end - when you can really hear the clock ticking and the seconds really do count.

Best to all

Tony

https://app.box.com/s/eudvd06mq64q9jgisyyogshc9yfllxai
Hi Tony,

Very well done. Top notch recording, mixing and playing!  Hats off. Must have taken a considerable amount of time to get the drum programming so perfect. I like the way you change the moods within the song too.

I can relate to the not knowing how much time we all have left. Some far less than they realize. I don't think this is my home so I try not to put too much into it here, know what I mean? 

Thanks for sharing! Hope to hear more from you.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• January 26, 2021, 19:02:00
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 19:49:43
You would do me a great pleasure by explaining who sang what, if you played all the parts etc.
I could easily get accustomed to music of this kind of quality.
Next, please.
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• January 26, 2021, 23:22:18
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 11:19:54
That's a wonderful piece of work @Tolo !!
To me it conveys deep longing and the unbridled will for change.
Thanks for sharing! ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 18:15:13
Hola @Tolo
I thought that I had already commented on your post but I see that I have not, so I will comment on today.
I really like instrumental music, it will be because my husband is an instrumentalist and composer...
I see that your line of work continues to grow and maintain an optimal quality standard as it happens with this track that you share here.
I thought that I had already commented on your post but I see that I have not, so I will comment on you today.
I really like instrumental music, it will be because my husband is an instrumentalist ... And I see that your line of work continues to grow and maintain an optimal quality standard as it happens with this track that you share here.
It has been a very pleasant listening, I have left it playing while I write to you and it sounds great, each part has its importance in the development of the music, none is lost.

Stay safe

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• Tolo
  • Poissonier

• Johannesburg
  • more
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 18:39:40
@Timothy Smith  - thanks Timothy.  Interesting reply -  I am really glad the message was conveyed to you and that you 'got it' - time is passing us all by without any remorse or second thoughts - we should try to just stop the madness sometimes and just remember that in a blink of an eye - we won't have any more of it... This year has demonstrated that perhaps more than any other... Highly appreciated.

@LePlongeur  - hey Gus - I played all of the guitars of course - the rest are all virtual instruments played on my midi controller - including the vocal samples. My studio is one room in my house - so I have to forego the Berlin Philharmonic! Thank you for your kind words - I am really happy that you enjoyed it.

@Mo  -  thank you so much. I hope all of the above makes sense to you from a contextual perspective - and you are right - it signals a need for us all to value our lives and what we can do with them and that gift of time - with a lot less complacency...

@Mora Amaro La Loba  -  thanks Mora - I appreciate the time to listen. I am a fan of both your and @Marcus Nalgaber  - so I am very happy that this resonates with you... take care.

Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 12:42:03
@Tolo  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Congratulations!!

Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 17:43:51
@Tolo – This is so beautifully made :) I’m not usually into very long tracks but you manage to keep it interesting till the end with just the right amount of variations at the right moments and with very cool sounds along the way. I really like the ticking sound theme…  the intro is brilliant :) ...00.56-1.03 is a great ending to the intro and transition to the second section... 2.45 is a fitting drop ... 3.40 -4.10 feels like is coming right out of a fairy tale... 4.12-4.15 is another interesting transition ...and the thicking theme during the last minute is the perfect ending.

…Time can be a heavy subject…. it’s nice to note that some of my seconds on this earth have been spent listening to your creations :)

Wishing you a good and peaceful New Year :)
Rachel
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

• Tolo
  • Poissonier

• Johannesburg
  • more
Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 18:39:28
@Marcus Nalgaber  - thank you Marcus - happy you enjoyed it.

@Rachel_D  - I am humbled by your words - thank you. If this is how my work made you feel as a fellow human being - and you gladly gave those precious seconds up for it - then this is all a writer needs to hear to keep working at it, that it has touched someone and made a difference, if only for a short while. “Where words leave off, music begins” and the famous quote by the creative genius Rachmaninoff - 'Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.'

The clock is ticking for sure - and in that sense as we inexorably march towards it - I too wish you a peaceful, healthy, happy 2021 - fill it with music and laughter.

Tony

• Knate
  • Poissonier
  • Musical Polygamist

• January 26, 2021, 16:00:57
    • Carbondale, CO
    • https://twitter.com/Knate_B https://www.facebook.com/KnateOfficial/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqy_LIRo5lDZvjDYEgjpYTQ https://soundcloud.com/knate-official
  • more
Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 03:10:36
Whoa!  I was NOT expecting this to be instumental!  Normally, instrumental will lose me insta-fast due to my ADD streak, but this moved well, never hung in one place too long, and really made the most of the dramatic effect of the dynamics.  Beautiful.

xx
Life in Real Life

Started by TheMrHall on Songs for review

0 Replies
Last post September 11, 2015, 00:36:18
by TheMrHall
xx
Tolo - 'The Promise '

Started by Tolo on Songs for review

11 Replies
Last post August 10, 2020, 17:29:45
by Bill from November Sound