• TOXIC
  • Started by thewinefestival
TOXIC
on: June 29, 2022, 13:07:33
Hey wanted to get an opinion if someone has a couple minutes:

anyone have any thoughts on the mix, i have noticed on devices with EQ's set to high bass kind of ruins it, i dont know if thats fixable

music: https://soundcloud.com/millenial85/txic

lyric:  i know that youre worried
i know that you love me
i know that you need me
and i need you

i know that you’re angry
i know that you told me twice
i know that youre lonely
cause i get lonely too

im a fucking a coward
hiding behind 10 dollar words
and ive been killing everyone
for too long
and i never take it seriously
its all a fucking joke to me
and if you die….
and if you died…

its not your fault,
its not your fault AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
cleanse yourself
cleanse your mind
put the past inside the ground
and bury that shit

Re: TOXIC
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 19:28:02
Not sure I can help on the mix @thewinefestival but I have some thoughts...

Assuming the bass is a synth it might have a setting for "sub" that is just too low to hear (so turned up too high) and the waves from that are just fighting the rest of the mix. Hard to tell in the rendered version.

If the bass is a separate track it might be fixable. Put an EQ on it and if the low end (below 50HZ) is pumping higher than all the other frequencies then this is likely the problem.

Other possibilities... That Auto Tune is on a fairly extreme setting.... is it possible that the Auto Tune is on the synth/bass track? and not just the vocal track? That would wreak havoc with mix.

I get the sense that you may be pushing some settings too hard in an attempt to make it "better" or "louder."

If you want to send me the stems... (with and without effects) I could take a look.

By the way, the vocal has good energy and fits well with the lyrics.  ::thumb::

Also, what I can hear of the synth part seems to work well with your intent. I really like the Glockenspiel... but then, I'm a sucker for that charming instrument.  ::Rachel::

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• Yesterday at 10:47:47
  • more
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 18:45:12
Well, that was really an interesting listening experience @thewinefestival . ::thumb::

I can well imagine that you deliberately went to the ...um.... pain threshold, just as it would fit the content of your song. Or am I wrong there?
Many thanks for sharing! :)

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 19:35:46
The idea for the overexposed auto-tuner quite reminds me of the remixes I used to try to copy from a radio program called the Soul Show. Dutch listeners might remember it. The sound you create there is quite reminiscent of it, which is ok, and a genre of its own. You have a voice that is quite suitable for it. I just got the feeling that after you allow the pain in, the timing gets out of the song as well. I am not sure if that is on purpose to mimic pain, but you might try what happens if you follow the beat as in a traditional soul-disco song. I suspect the song gains a lot of power if you use the rhythm to bash the pain and the anger in.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 22:57:27
Hola @thewinefestival
A totally different style also yours, I liked it, I think that wrapped in an atypical arrangement and instrumentation something terrible, tragic develops.
has strength

Stay well

Mora
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 03:30:39
hey guys thanks for the listen.  it is meant to be a breaking point, distorted and sound almost robotic.  it’s the climax of the project.  i was recently diagnosed as bipolar.  these 9 songs try to represent the rollercoaster.  mostly written and recorded over 3 weeks.  i was curious how it stands alone. all good ideas here i will be trying then out.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 19:28:16
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 19:07:52
Tbh, I was asking myself how to relate to you and your music, and what your previous post is about, is putting it all in perspective.

In a world of artist, it is rather the rule than the exception having to cope with some mental thingys.
As long as you go easy onnyour loved ones, the people here can handle all that.

Go on your own route towards artistically growth and you’ll be fine. Trust me.
Kind regards, Gus