• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• Yesterday at 09:28:15
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
  • more
Re: 'Two Hearts In The Snow' - Same Lyrics Challenge
Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 19:18:00
Great @Mark Luto , I am so pleased that the song has enthused you to this extent. I'm particularly pleased you liked my singing, which as you know, is something I have been trying to improve this past year!  ;)

Thanks for stopping by @eblossman , your positive comments are very welcome!

And @MrBouzouki , so you're joining in too for the first time? Great! Glad you liked the song and production, and actually I did strip out quite a few extra trial tracks once I realised I was overcooking things. I am definitely with you on the 'less is more' front, and was actually proud of my discipline on the editing side.

Thanks all!  ::thumb::
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 19:59:13
I like what you've done with this, the  production and arrangement is spot on.

• Layerson
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 11:14:42
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 22:45:41
I agree with the other reviews, this is brilliant @MichaelA::heart:: ::heart::

Thatís how to write a song from a good lyric and that interpretation in the vocals is what makes this impossible to mistake for a cover.

This is the original and Iíd guessed it even going in blindfolded, not knowing who had written the lyrics.

To quote Ace Ventura, it all fits... ďLike a glove!!!Ē (...well I canít t sound like the man in writing, yíall have to imagine that part... ;))

:praise: :praise:  :praise: :praise: :praise:

::Rachel::
/Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 23:41:48
Aw thanks @Layerson  for those kind words. But the main question is, do your cats like it too?  ;D

• Layerson
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 11:14:42
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 00:21:45
Hmm 🤔, itís hard to tell.

Iím guessing they do as they didnít go away when I played it, but maybe they where just tired.  :makeitup:  But most cats (weíve had a few over the years) like to take a nap on or behind a speaker, so I guess they must like music in general  :D

Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 13:38:09
Wow @MichaelA  .. this is kind of surreal.... to write a song using someone else's lyrics and then to go and listen to what the author intended .... heh, heh  :-[    a bit embarrassing, maybe?
Oh well.
It must be very interesting ( among other emotions - I'd think) for you as well.

But, man, you're vocals are so improved! The whole track is just powerful, powerful, grand and beautiful.

I love all the sounds that you are using. The strings and synths really glow. (I'm even starting to tolerate that boingy piano.)

Good show! Wait. Can I even say that? I mean who am I to tell you that you did a good job on your own song? Of course you did a good job - it's your song! This whole thing is kind of weird.

-11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
Reply #21 on: November 04, 2018, 14:34:09
Hi @Bill from November Sound , thanks for the lovely comment. Yes it is a bit odd hearing all these versions of my lyrics, its like someone running off with your chocolate box and eating all the best ones!  ;)

Although mainly I feel quite proud that these lyrics have inspired such creativity from all these other kitchen folk, each bringing something different to the table. And I really don't think there's one dud song amongst the lot of them, there are certainly some fab contributions across the board. It will be very hard to vote this time!

Thanks especially for mentioned my vocals, as you know I have been trying hard to do this better, despite not being one of nature's most blessed in this department.

All the best!  ;D

• robertkc
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 16:06:56
    • Vancouver Island
    • https://soundcloud.com/user-564042721
  • more
Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 19:31:27
@MichaelA  Lovely, delicate and romantic.Somehow, I guess unsurprisingly, having listened to all the variety of interpretations... yours is unmistakeably THE melody  for  the lyrics.
The whispered ending caps a very good vocal and jangly piano just works.
Kind of glad I waited to listen to this until the finish of  a  fun endeavour. ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Robert

Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 21:02:31
I am not  a ballad or slushy lyric person but even I have to admit this is bloody good. I can imagine women going completely gaga on the romantic smell of this, and even the blokes here seem doe eyed and smitten.
Yeah those strings are scored very nicely and do a grand job. That wobbly piano was a bit weird to be honest and I don't know if it worked. Love don't make me wobble.
Just as it was defrosting my heart a little bit ...BANG....sorry mate the sleigh bells and the whispers were just too much for me, so I will leave all you lovers frolicking in the snow and return to my monastic existence.  ;D

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:50:06
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 23:18:44
Love don't make me wobble

I, myself, have been know to wobble.

8)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
Reply #25 on: November 04, 2018, 23:57:06
Hi @robertkc , that was a very generous post, thanks I appreciate it from someone who is putting out some pretty good stuff at the moment himself! Cheers!

Ha ha, Mr @eric craptone , we're chalk and cheese you and I, nothing wrong in that! But that's where we should both leave it! All the best with your own music.

Yes @Leonard Scaper , most of us have 'wobbled'. I still distinctly remember with fondness 'The Blue and the Green' and 'Love Is Gonna Find You', so I do know for sure you have wobbled!  Thank goodness! 🙂

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:25:51
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 22:21:29
Hey @MichaelA , jeeeezzzz, what a beauty! The best one, as far as I can remember, from your camp!
Your singing has improved soooo much! And I mean that as a big compliment! Not only pitch-wise, but also the emotion your voice is carrying/conveying.. The 'tear' in your voice, the whispering, dynamics in general. Wow!
Love that mysterious piano sound,  beautiful arrangement and soundscape.. Really excited about this one!!
And coool to hear so many entries in the challenge, written around these wonderful words.
Way to go man!
Cheers!
Mar T.
:mart:

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 08:02:24
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 21:44:46
I have no specific reason for posting this, other than to thank our beloved lyricist and wish you lots of  luck in the whatsit...? Only three points max to dole out?
The management (as usual) have ab-so-lu-te-ly noooooooo idea, etc etc.
Good luck @MichaelA !!!
Kind regards, Gus

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 23:05:43
Thanks Gus, @LePlongeur , although in the U.K. we tend to refer to dead people as 'beloved' in obituaries and commemorations! But if I am dead then, well there are worse places to be!  :ok: At least I can write songs here!

But thanks for that nice thought to revisit my thread and your kind words in terms of my contribution, much appreciated,  ;D

Also thanks @Mar T. , I am pleased you've noticed my gradual vocal improvement, but my journey is not over yet! Yes, I agree this is one of my better songs, but it's also been great to hear so many different interpretations of the lyrics, not a single dud tune amongst them!

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:25:51
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 00:09:06
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 00:11:13 by Mar T. »
I have no specific reason for posting this, other than to thank our beloved lyricist and wish you lots of  luck in the whatsit...? Only three points max to dole out?
The management (as usual) have ab-so-lu-te-ly noooooooo idea, etc etc.
Good luck @MichaelA !!!
Kind regards, Gus

<off topic> :nopompom:  Don't blame the management @LePlongeur , we're asking for feedback continuously. In this case here:
https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/challenges/18/same-lyrics-challenge-voting-thread/4890/msg52757#msg52757
 :pompom: :pompom: In the kitchen we decide how we run things together :pompom: :pompom:
Let us know ok?  ;) ;) ::thumb:: ::thumb::
</off topic>

Also thanks @Mar T. , I am pleased you've noticed my gradual vocal improvement, but my journey is not over yet! Yes, I agree this is one of my better songs, but it's also been great to hear so many different interpretations of the lyrics, not a single dud tune amongst them!

Yw @MichaelA , I enjoyed this listen so much! And yes, all entries carried something special. So great to hear all the different approaches!

xx
Two Hearts In The Snow - Same Lyrics Challenge

Started by DanJames on Songs for review

13 Replies
Last post November 15, 2018, 11:48:37
by Goatrelated
xx
Two hearts In The Snow same lyrics challenge

Started by robertkc on Songs for review

20 Replies
Last post November 16, 2018, 18:49:25
by robertkc