• 1roomstudio
  • Rotisseur
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• October 17, 2020, 22:12:28
  • more
Wabi Sabi Didge
on: September 28, 2020, 04:28:34
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:01:43 by 1roomstudio »
No lyrics... but there will be a video that tells a story of a Didgeridoo that leaves the studio and goes back to its natural state...

The didgeridoo and the synth parts came from some random recording experiments from several years ago... completely disconnected... these two elements were completely unrelated when recorded.

A while ago... I rediscovered the didgeridoo recording. I liked it ... but had no idea what to do with it.

Later, I rediscovered the synth recording (yeah ... Iíve been rummaging through old stuff and deleting things I never want to hear again)  The synth part is basically in C Major.  Then ... somehow it occurred to me that the fundamental on my didge is a low C... and well... here is this Mashup that I had to get out of my system.

Iím looking for any thoughts... tips... criticism... especially on the mix. The composition is fixed due to the video that is also nearly done...

https://soundcloud.com/1roomstudio/dijeridoo-too-wip09/s-83NjIIc3fTW?ref=clipboard&p=i&c=1

• CGHound
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• October 19, 2020, 10:27:59
  • more
Re: Wabi Sabi Didge
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 09:26:05
No lyrics... but there will be a video that tells a story of a Didgeridoo that leaves the studio and goes back to its natural state...

The didgeridoo and the synth parts came from some random recording experiments from several years ago... completely disconnected... these two elements were completely unrelated when recorded.

A while ago... I rediscovered the didgeridoo recording. I liked it ... but had no idea what to do with it.

Later, I rediscovered the synth recording (yeah ... Iíve been rummaging through old stuff and deleting things I never want to hear again)  The synth part is basically in C Major.  Then ... somehow it occurred to me that the fundamental on my didge is a low C... and well... here is this Mashup that I had to get out of my system.

Iím looking for any thoughts... tips... criticism... especially on the mix. The composition is fixed due to the video that is also nearly done...

https://soundcloud.com/1roomstudio/dijeridoo-too-wip09/s-83NjIIc3fTW?ref=clipboard&p=i&c=1

Soundcloud has a mastering service and they have an algorithm for EDM. I like it but most EDM fans like it to hit so hard it rattles fillings in your teeth. It's $5 per song and it works quite well IMO

I did an EDM composition and  some thug in NJ tried to steal it. He had it for sale all over the place and Google play still won't take it down. Mine is also based on didgeridoo sounds. https://soundcloud.com/cg-instrumental/didgeridoo-do-it-wave  I doxxed him and made him my beotch. 

I composed it to help out someone who was doing a report on raves and MDMA. My main thing is organic music but I have sparingly used some synth stuff and tried that bass drum sound along a real bass drum for a little extra oooph.  Anyway, I like what you did.

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• Yesterday at 11:22:53
  • more
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 14:48:56
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 14:51:23 by Mo »
Yes, the idea is impressive and really great @1roomstudio !

Especially to combine the didgeridoo as an expression of a presumed musical primordial state, in which nature and culture still form a unity with this ultramodern instrument (compared) , which a synth  symbolizes. This is ingenious and I consider it brave but also very daring ;)  Especially if you are really serious about the term Wabi Sabi in this context.

Personally, I think your track comes very close to Wabi Sabi, sure I can hear it but not all the way through. My idea with this would be to try to give the synth sound more Sabi, those scratches, notches and rust that could give this instrument a dignity of the time-honoured, referring to its short existence ;) and stay consequent with it which is indeed a huge challenge to make this possible.  Using appregiator is already  not bad and with my view a step in the right direction.
I would love to hear it if you would try it now or another time!

---Interestingly enough, I have also recently returned to my didgeridoo which, for various reasons, I haven't touched in over 10 years! Myself have not yet dared to make a song with it.... but what is not yet, maybe still become)

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• Yesterday at 11:22:53
  • more
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 15:18:42

Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 23:09:04
hola @1roomstudio

The beginning has seemed great to me, it gives rise to the following parts and to the changes, I believe that the mix is well achieved, the effects are not exaggerated and the didgeridoo gives a special  character to the whole.
I liked the atmosphere so ethereal and earthy at times.

but may be from the  but perhaps from 3`50 something else would be good accompanying at some moments the synth
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
https://vimeo.com/onacarom

• 1roomstudio
  • Rotisseur
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 23:17:34
Thank you @CGHound for the kind words and for sharing your piece.... I really liked that "wupit...wupit..." rhythm that popped up now and then and the overall energy of the piece.  Yes I know what you mean about the standard mix/master for EDM rattling the headphones right off your ears... I'm obviously going for something more organic, even though the EDM reference is intentional. I do think I've gone a bit too far with lowering the volume in that middle part... will be working on it this weekend with the intention of finishing it  and posting to YouTube.

@Mo I so much appreciate your detailed and thoughtful response. The  Wabi Sabi-ness will be more obvious with the video... The mix and composition are a bit too far along to incorporate your suggestions, but I will keep it in mind as I wind it up! An opportunity may present it itself...

This is more of a "found" piece than a composed piece, so I have to go with what was "found." The Title Wabi Sabi Didge came to me as the story unfolded in the video... I followed my Muse and it lead me here... I've learned long ago to get these things out of my system and behind me... I always learn something, there is a sense of release... and then I'm re-inspired to move on to something more intentional.

And thank you for sharing that Moog video... I love that kind of stuff... cut my teeth on a Serge Modular in the early 80's . Still have a cassette tape or two lying around somewhere...

Onward!  8)

• 1roomstudio
  • Rotisseur
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 23:30:10
but may be from the  but perhaps from 3`50 something else would be good accompanying at some moments the synth

Yes @Mora Amaro La Loba  this is a good observation... an earlier version had even more space with just the synth. I wanted enough space to make the re-introduction of the percussion or Didge to sound fresh again... so I've been sneaking up to filling that space carefully!  The Video helps carry that a bit but with your confirmation I will definitely add something. It needs to come from the elements of the piece ... but not a repetition of any particular part... I will come up with something  ;)

Your encouragement is appreciated, especially "...the effects are not exaggerated..." is most reassuring that I'm on the right track.  8)

• 1roomstudio
  • Rotisseur
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 22:52:29
@CGHound
@Mo
@Mora Amaro La Loba

Thank you all for good thoughts and suggestions.... here is the video.

Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 23:03:52
@1roomstudio
I watched the vid, yes, I understand what you said, watching and listening  give another perspective.

• 1roomstudio
  • Rotisseur
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 23:32:11
Thanks for taking a look @Mora Amaro La Loba... the little bit that I elevated, thanks to your suggestion... Iím pleased with the result.

There was a lull in both the soundtrack and the video, that now connects better.

Onward! 😎

Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 21:01:32
@1roomstudio  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
A very interesting and evolving music

Congratulations  ::Dutch::
The infinite stupidity of our political leaders and the powerful who handle their strings have always marked the present and the future of the human species

• 1roomstudio
  • Rotisseur
  • Hearing is Believing 😎

• more
Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 21:46:36
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 22:01:46 by 1roomstudio »
@1roomstudio  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
A very interesting and evolving music

Congratulations  ::Dutch::

Thank you for listening @Marcus Nalgaber and for three thumbs up!

Onward! 😎