• Watch And Learn - (new original song - by Layerson)
  • Started by Layerson
Re: Watch And Learn - (new original song - by Layerson)
Reply #15 on: May 02, 2020, 23:56:56
@Layerson - this is great! Love the whole rock feel of this song. Lyrics are very good and I really like the melody of the chorus - also how you switch it about. Guitars are great!! Very very enjoyable track.. Huge thumbs up!

K

• Layerson
  • Rotisseur
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• May 29, 2020, 13:37:40
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 09:06:42
Thanks @Zedd  :).

Itís a fun song to play and I enjoyed writing it, but not as much as I enjoy the positives itís getting.

I really appreciate your feedback, so pleased you like it too.

::Rachel::
/Micke
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 00:21:11
Here`s a late  ::thumb:: for this @Layerson ...been a while since I enjoyed your low toned earnest vocal.... and noone mentioned the bridge as far as I know, so here`s one: its nicely done!
I`m  guessing this isn`t changed from your original post and the mix sounds good to me ( having a paid up SC account is a temptation to never stop tinkering).

Robert

• Layerson
  • Rotisseur
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Sweden
  • more
Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 10:21:59
Thanks for mentioning the bridge @robertkc  :) and the very kind remarks.

No, I donít have a paid SC account so switching the audio is an option I seldom use, itís not as smooth taking a song down and repost it (I should probably set it to private not to push out notifications if I wanna do that.)

Iíve made 4 mastering attempts and thereís not many changes to it, but number 4 is currently available in Spotify and all other streaming services.  :blackgrin:

Iím still trying to figure out what types of songs to do in my own artist persona, but itís leaning more and more towards probably some type of progressive rock with folk induced or other borrowed elements, heavily arranged stuff. My vocals arenít really suited for metal or heavy rock, very sad because I would like to do more of that.

Thank you again, I cherish your thoughts because your music is very well thought trough, and that is the case for most other Kitcheners too. Iím still feeling like an amateur  with most of my productions  ::headphone::

Micke

Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 20:37:08
Hey there Layerson.......love the music....great drive, as already mentioned. The title and whole idea behind the lyrics are great.
Good stuff............     
                                                 -Tom
I Know The Truth By My Struggle Against It

• Layerson
  • Rotisseur
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Sweden
  • more
Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 21:28:42
Hi there Tom @IronKnee, very glad you enjoyed the song and gave me such great feedback  :)

Iím certain you know lyrics, love your nickname btw, itís very clever, so Iím guessing you do.  ::headphone::

I find lyrics very hard to write so I donít write as much of them as I do music, and for some reason I had the first verse in my app, Lyrics Notepad (...great free app, for finding rhymes and syllable count etc...), and the words fit nicely with the music so I decided to work with what little I had, letting the words evolve with the song and singing new lines while playing. I guess itís one of those songs that almost wrote itself, and I have no idea what spawned the rest of the lyrics or music.

:Micke