• We'll Be Ghosts - Layerson original (Ghost in the Kitchen Challenge)
  • Started by Layerson
  • Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Today at 13:17:18
    • Sweden
  • more
Puh.... Close one, but I managed to finish it in time... I hope  :blackgrin: ???

Here is my entry for the Ghost in the Kitchen challenge. Enjoy and please leave kind comments or butcher me... I'm tired so anything goes  ;).... (I'm busy being an all-round-construction-worker... or so I feel anyways... I promise to respond in an orderly fashion.  :doublebonk:)

https://soundcloud.com/user-2898025/well-be-ghosts-layerson-original-ghost-in-the-kitchen-challenge

::Rachel::
/Micke

We値l Be Ghosts
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
Verse 1:
As you go walking down the street
You池e all alone, you池e on your own
Not for the faint of heart or meek
No one痴 around, nobody痴 near

All by yourself and your the last
Of your kind, loosing your mind
There痴 no way around, you値l face the fears
in lonely tears

Chorus 1:
There seems no escaping we値l be ghosts
When our future meets the past
N there seems no escaping we値l be ghosts
No whatif痴, this day will never last (us)

Verse 2:
A quiet stroll, no one to greet
We池e all alone, we池e on our own
The light is dim with no more cars
There are no sounds, only the scars

In our souls and we池e the last
Of our kind, loosing our minds
The train has left, an empty track
no point in looking back

Chorus 2:
When our future greets the past
No whatif痴, tomorrow is the new to(day)

Bridge:
Our choice of living is an endless struggle
A pointless battle with our ghosts
Fearing the future, we just turn our blind side
Towards all problems that we face

Chorus:
When our future sees the past
No whatif痴, another day, another time
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 11:04:47
    • Terra Firma
  • more
I really like it....love how the verses build. And how cool is that bridge!!?? Nice job there indeed.

It's a perfect story line for this challenge and I'm impressed with how good this production is with all that you have on your hands.

I absolutely love how you end it.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Hola @Layerson

I loved your song, you know that I like your style, in addition the lyrics are fantastic.

I loved "There seems no escaping we値l be ghosts
When our future meets the past
N 稚here seems no escaping we値l be ghosts
No whatif痴, this day will never last (us)"

Your song is really dark and full of future!!! hahahaha
I love the dark and its true  ::thumb::
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo

Beautiful song !  I like it a lot.
 ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::
Jeete

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Sweden
  • more
Wow! Thanks for them nice comments  :)

You池e spot on @Leonard Scaper ... you actually nailed almost all of the parts I really emphasized and also enjoyed making.  ;D

The song was written from the lyrics and the bridge was mostly improvised, the vocals at least.  :yes:

I致e been frequently watching the Signals Studio YouTube channel and the guy there is super at explaining stuff. One topic in particular was used in this song (... or several but who keeps track) and that is the concept of 堵od chords which is in that bridge. The idea is that certain chords, not really connected or even in the same diatonic scale (actually 吐ar apart major chords works better) when used correctly gives it a certain sci-fi sound.  ::)

Yeah, the ending was added early on and I just let it be, gives relief after that last wall of sound which is the build up that  I was intentionally going for.  :ok:

I知 blushing @Mora Amaro La Loba::) And, I really like your style too. :dance:

The song evolved into a darker theme spawn out of the words and you池e also accurate and on point as the lyrics are the important thing along with the vocals in this one. Extra credit for finding that crucial part where it all connected between the lyrics and the music. When I wrote that, the rest kinda just popped out.  ::headphone::

@Li駸chevre thanks so much, it warms me and gives me strength to hear you find it beautiful.  :)  And, let me express how nice it is to make your acquaintance too, don稚 think we致e said hello before, maybe I知 just forgetting when  :makeitup:

I致e been listening to the entries available several times today during work and they池e diverse and all really good, lots of good quality and ideas. I知 just glad you guys checked my song out, makes it all worth while even though time was scarce for me this time.

/Micke

I like the tension you set up with the rhythm and moody tone of your vocals @Layerson .
I had to backtrack and play the bridge again to get how strangely effective it is.
Very cool ending :pompom:
I agree with @Leonard Scaper - your entry fits this Challenge really well- it shouldn`t be a fun listen, but it certainly is ::thumb::

Robert

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Sweden
  • more
Thank you @robertkc  ::headphone::

Couldn稚 say it any better and I just savor all the kind comments from you, having a hard time finding a good enough response, other 鍍han thank you.

The interesting thing about bridges is that it痴 pretty much expected to break free of the motifs and it took me forever to realize all the power that goes with some theory and arrangement knowledge. As the Signals Music Studio dude said it 妬t痴 more of discovering music than actually writing it. I think he was kinda quoting someone else, but his point is still valid.

I had to make a few conscious choices with the song, in order to finish it in the shortest time possible. One was to come up with a motif of some sort and the other was to really try singing with feeling. I also went with all synthetic besides the vocals. Don稚 know how well that went, but judging from the comments so far it seems a good idea to stick to some knowns and break just a few rules to make it more interesting, when time is critical.

It痴 gonna be hard to vote this time. All the entries are so well written.

/Micke

this is a well structured song with a cool vocal melody. Vocal style reminded me a bit of 90s Spanish rocker Eric Bunbury. Good luck for this challenge!

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Sweden
  • more
Thanks @DanJames  :)

Super appreciative for the vocal remark, it wasn稚 as tight as I usually want it to be but maybe that adds some colors to it. :blackgrin:

I知 unaware who Eric Bunbury is, but now I know what to listen to whilst working tomorrow.

I知 fan of your entry, it痴 awesome! (I致e yet to comment all the entries but I知 getting there soon). I知 certain your entry will do well, best of luck to you too.  :yes:

/Micke

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 11:29:53
  • more
hi @Layerson i love it, i like the atmosphere a lot, reminds me of some of the music of end the 80's

i very much like it, points from me ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

really enjoying this  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::
me, myself, and Pie

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • 8e gr8, 8e aw3som3

• Sweden
  • more
Hey @Dutchbeat you池e maybe onto something.  :yes:

Got another comment today about the vocals sounding 80s and I didn稚 think about it that way... but now when you mentioned it too... hmm.

So very thankful you liked it too, considering all the quality entries I知 glad just to have an entry myself, it was worth a few late hours ::headphone::

/Micke