• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 23:19:30
    • netherlands
  • more
https://www.vprobroadcast.com/titles/ai-songcontest/vote.html

Here you can listen to and vote for songs from national teams, partly conjured up with AI. A dataset of 250 Eurovision songcontestsongs was used.

' rate the Eurovisionness'

Did they really invent a '‘Catchiness analyser’'?

The AI Song Contest is organised by VPRO in collaboration with NPO 3FM and NPO Innovation. The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) is voting supervisor.
new guitar 4-6-2020 https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/12string-demo1 12string Cort.

Re: AI songwriting contest - deadline for voting May 12th
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 15:28:36
Sometimes I wonder if my songs were judged by robots would I fare better?

The humans have all these rules .... about the rhymes, the verse, the build, the chorus, the plot, the theme ...... oh yes one must satisfy the taxi.

But, then again, I suppose those same humans would program the rules into the robots.   
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 15:29:05
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 08:08:27
May I ask @Bill from November Sound to be careful what you wish for?

https://www.google.nl/search?q=robot+marvin+galaxy&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=nl-nl&client=safari#imgrc=dU1OCSJtWwJDKM:

From the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
Smiley.
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Rotisseur

• October 28, 2020, 11:22:53
  • more
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 11:58:48
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:02:47 by Mo »
What an excellent point you did, @LePlongeur !!
Beside the fact, that i suppose there are already several algorythm to evulate 'good music' as @Bill from November Sound  fears, and what does such 'contests' absolutley uninteresting, I  want mention that i  love that movie too!

And sure Granthos the Flatulant from the Vogon  is GREAT inspire for doing  good lyrics! I want be like him!! He is above the earth!!

“Vogon poetry is of course, the third worst in the universe.
The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their poet master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience died of internal haemorrhaging and the president of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived by gnawing one of his own legs off.
Grunthos was reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his 12-book epic entitled "My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles" when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save humanity, leapt straight up through his neck and throttled his brain.
The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paul Neil Milne Johnstone of Redbridge, in the destruction of the planet Earth. Vogon poetry is mild by comparison.”

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 13:30:11
I didn't know there was a movie.

Wow @Mo @LePlongeur  .... Douglas Adams .... anything Douglas Adams is my favorite book! I love it! I've read it all twice!  :yes: I'm sick aren't I?  :bonk: