• Gibson 335 sound with a light overdrive for slow rocking playing
  • Started by Marcus Nalgaber
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 15:01:23 by Marcus Nalgaber »
Gibson 335 sound with a light overdrive for slow rocking playing

Best regards,

Marcus Nalgaber

This is great, Marcus.

I think the L4 takes up a lot more sonic space. It has a much more expansive voice. To me that would work well in a big band kind of setting where there were maybe some horns and a big drum set also taking up space and the guitar needed some spacial fortification to hold it's own. In a more intimate setting in a smaller room the L4 might be too much.....although that more boxy tone is kind of a classic jazz tone.

The 335 has a much more controlled tone.I think it would fit in better with a 4 or 5 piece outfit that featured a piano or maybe a Hammond organ. Also that 335 would offer a few more options if you needed to get a slightly more distorted sound for some fusion type stuff.

Given  the choice I would go with the 335.

Thanks for posting this. 
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Gibson 335 sound with a light overdrive for slow rocking playing
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 15:44:45
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 15:01:46 by Marcus Nalgaber »
This is great, Marcus.

I think the L4 takes up a lot more sonic space. It has a much more expansive voice. To me that would work well in a big band kind of setting where there were maybe some horns and a big drum set also taking up space and the guitar needed some spacial fortification to hold it's own. In a more intimate setting in a smaller room the L4 might be too much.....although that more boxy tone is kind of a classic jazz tone.

The 335 has a much more controlled tone.I think it would fit in better with a 4 or 5 piece outfit that featured a piano or maybe a Hammond organ. Also that 335 would offer a few more options if you needed to get a slightly more distorted sound for some fusion type stuff.

Given  the choice I would go with the 335.

Thanks for posting this.

@Leonard Scaper  ::thumb:: Many Thanks  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::