• Jazz Guitars Sound Test - Gibson L4 Ces vs Gibson ES-335 Custom
  • Started by Marcus Nalgaber
Jazz Guitars Sound Test - Gibson L4 Ces vs Gibson ES-335 Custom through DV Mark Little Jazz

Regards,

Marcus
The infinite stupidity of our political leaders and the powerful who handle their strings have always marked the present and the future of the human species

This is great, Marcus.

I think the L4 takes up a lot more sonic space. It has a much more expansive voice. To me that would work well in a big band kind of setting where there were maybe some horns and a big drum set also taking up space and the guitar needed some spacial fortification to hold it's own. In a more intimate setting in a smaller room the L4 might be too much.....although that more boxy tone is kind of a classic jazz tone.

The 335 has a much more controlled tone.I think it would fit in better with a 4 or 5 piece outfit that featured a piano or maybe a Hammond organ. Also that 335 would offer a few more options if you needed to get a slightly more distorted sound for some fusion type stuff.

Given  the choice I would go with the 335.

Thanks for posting this. 
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

This is great, Marcus.

I think the L4 takes up a lot more sonic space. It has a much more expansive voice. To me that would work well in a big band kind of setting where there were maybe some horns and a big drum set also taking up space and the guitar needed some spacial fortification to hold it's own. In a more intimate setting in a smaller room the L4 might be too much.....although that more boxy tone is kind of a classic jazz tone.

The 335 has a much more controlled tone.I think it would fit in better with a 4 or 5 piece outfit that featured a piano or maybe a Hammond organ. Also that 335 would offer a few more options if you needed to get a slightly more distorted sound for some fusion type stuff.

Given  the choice I would go with the 335.

Thanks for posting this.

@Leonard Scaper  ::thumb:: Many Thanks  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::