• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 14:28:10
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
@Cool Hand
Welcome in this eccentric thread.
My role is limited to being the guy who got this rolling. The Ďmanagementí is in the hands of the person whoís the temp host.  Thank the gods that there are no rules or conditions for joining, so youíre more than welcome.

And I like your first entry very much. So: glad to have you around and I hope youíll enjoy yourself. Under normal conditions, we sort of keep a 14 days schedule, so after that period Bill will invite the next host.

@Mo
ChŤre M.,
I am the one with the learning deficiency, so I havenít been studying. In any case not enough to judge if someone is bipolar or anything. The general Ďatmosphereí towards you and towards what you post here, has been very friendly and supportive, and quite rightly so. You deserve it.  So I would say, donít worry about your mood. Youíre just fine as you are.

@Bill from November Sound
Of course you have the right to decide about posting or not. And youíre not a slacker. Far from it. I am a slacker, since I only play slack tunings.
You would do me a huge favour if youíd mention the name of the song. That would surely help when I would go looking for that song.
Thank you!

@Cool Hand
@Mo
@LePlongeur
@DonMar
@Rachel_D
@Michael

I am really relieved that our temporary pauze is just temporary. I am really glad weíve got the ball rolling again.
Great!
Kind regards, Gus

Well done @Bill from November Sound  - I am the slacker now!

Such a shame that we can't yet hear the music that goes with your lyrics, but we must respect your way of doing things.  ::thumb::
Today I'm only one day older. Do you think my hair's turned grey?

BALANCING ON A WHEEL                        

Balancing on a wheel
Looking straight ahead
In the moment, in the moment
Balancing on a wheel

No need to look behind you
On this sunniest of sunny days
Nor down at the ground
Listen to the sound
Of the air rushing past your ears

No need for comprehension
Many oysters in your world
Just take it all in
Donít get in a spin
Lose a grip, falling one more time

Balancing on a wheel
Looking straight ahead
Balancing on a wheel

Brakes are just for cissies
As the trees go speeding by
Now, here comes a hill
Itíll need all your will
Take a stand, plotting your incline

Thereís only one way down from here
   You heard your father say
   So get on your bike and do what you like
   A sudden turn will come some day

Balancing on a wheel
Looking straight ahead
Balancing on a wheel

@Cool Hand , @Bill from November Sound & @redmando - just wanted to let you know that I really liked your lyrics :)

And @Bill from November Sound , this stanza of yours is simply perfect, it describes the picture beautifully! :) :-

As still as I can be.
My arms are open wide.
As far as I can see
I wish that I could fly.
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

.... after reading your takes on the picture, youíve inspired me to write a late night poem :) Here it is! ...thank you @Bill from November Sound for the beautiful image :)

Thereís a place
where the clouds in the sky
Set ablaze,
all the hopes in the eyes
of a girl, with a dream,
of possibilities unseen
In a world
that will question each step

There's a greatness
in the smallest of souls
And you'll miss
What their future can hold
Unless you open your heart
And stumble upon
The cloudy reveal
That sets her apart

One wheelís all it takes
For her journey to start

Let her balance her way
Ride through untrampelled paths
And believe in the chance
That her freedom will last
She will master the stride
With the humblest pride
- If only you'd open your eyes -

Rachel (March 2021)

@Cool Hand
@Mo
@LePlongeur
@DonMar
@Rachel_D
@Michael
@redmando

Nice  one @redmando 
Brakes are for cissies?  ;D lol

Class act @Rachel_D  !!!  And geez it must be like 1 or 2 in th e morning over there! You sure are dedicated.  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

Not currently posting music here but we're easy to find if you care to listen. November Sound will happily listen, follow, like, subscribe and repost for people who do the same. We get a lot of spam so let us know you're from the kitchen!

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 19:11:54 by LePlongeur »
Just now, I posted a link to SC for the Unicycle under the lyrics.

https://soundcloud.com/user-973930366/unicycle-2021-32410

Hope you like it!!!
Kind regards, Gus

@Cool Hand
@Mo
@LePlongeur
@DonMar
@Rachel_D
@Michael

Good work Gus. I like the backing track - it works it's way into your brain!  ::thumb::

This prompt is going well, I think! Great to see and hear the songs.

I wish I were a singer-songwriter at times like this. Alas, I'm not.  :no:
I have been known to send @LePlongeur a video of me trying to sing ftom my phone.  :blackgrin: :blackgrin:

On

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 19:26:06 by LePlongeur »
@redmando
Good morning!
I say chAnce instead of chEnce, us being neighbours.
So, is there a chance youíll make a song out of your very very nice unicycle lyrics?
I think that with a little bit of luck and your being talented that would be so nice.
There are many nice moments in the lyrics to work to (is that English? Itís still a language my mum didnít teach me).

And you know what would happen if it had a brake, Iím sure you do. (Edit: If the unicycle had a brake, I mean - you can have many brakes in the music of course!!!).

Yes, I heard you sing but I can keep a secret. But now that the wordís out: Iím still alive, arenít I? So I personally think you exaggerate a bit. Itís like walking. The only reason we can pretend itís easy, is because we do it every day.

And yes, I am very happy with how the prompt writing keeps on going on and surprises in wonderful and unexpected/playful results. I really really love it.
We can all be grateful for this! I would never have written about a unicycle if it werenít for your prompt. And the girl stretching her arms, is a search for balance. Itís perfectly possible to play basketball on unicycles.
Kind regards, Gus

@Cool Hand
@Mo
@LePlongeur
@DonMar
@Rachel_D
@Michael

@redmando
Good morning!
I say chAnce instead of chEnce, us being neighbours.
So, is there a chance youíll make a song out of your very very nice unicycle lyrics?
I think that with a little bit of luck and your being talented that would be so nice.
There are many nice moments in the lyrics to work to (is that English? Itís still a language my mum didnít teach me).

And you know what would happen if it had a brake, Iím sure you do. (Edit: If the unicycle had a brake, I mean - you can have many brakes in the music of course!!!).

Yes, I heard you sing but I can keep a secret. But now that the wordís out: Iím still alive, arenít I? So I personally think you exaggerate a bit. Itís like walking. The only reason we can pretend itís easy, is because we do it every day.

And yes, I am very happy with how the prompt writing keeps on going on and surprises in wonderful and unexpected/playful results. I really really love it.
We can all be grateful for this! I would never have written about a unicycle if it werenít for your prompt. And the girl stretching her arms, is a search for balance. Itís perfectly possible to play basketball on unicycles.
Kind regards, Gus

@Cool Hand
@Mo
@LePlongeur
@DonMar
@Rachel_D
@Michael

Some wise words from @LePlongeur  here: "Itís like walking. The only reason we can pretend itís easy, is because we do it every day" and there's a bit of flattery too. I think I will turn my lyrics into a song sometime, so thanks for the encouragement. I'm just finding it difficult at the moment to focus on making music. I need a break/brake!

True @redmando @LePlongeur  ... I can technically sing my songs but that defeats the purpose of me writing the songs.
I was very successful in a different realm of music making. I gave that up so Melissa could sing. That is what I wanted and what I chose.  :thumbsup:

True @redmando @LePlongeur  ... I can technically sing my songs but that defeats the purpose of me writing the songs.
I was very successful in a different realm of music making. I gave that up so Melissa could sing. That is what I wanted and what I chose.  :thumbsup:
  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Understood @Bill from November Sound and best wishes!

It looks like we're done with unicycle songs ......  :thumbsup:

@Cool Hand  would you like to post something for the next prompt?

What do you all think @LePlongeur @Mo @DonMar @Rachel_D @Michael ?

Newest member gets to post something?  ;)

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Oh yes, I love for us to get into gear again.
And I really believe @Cool Hand will think of something surprising.
But itíll be some serious effort to top the Ďeenwielerí. Unicycle, of course.
However, whatever, cool hand will surprise us, Iím sure.

Kind regards, Gus

@Cool Hand
@Mo
@LePlongeur
@DonMar
@Rachel_D
@Michael

xx
Unicycle (part of the prompt writing)

Started by LePlongeur on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post April 10, 2021, 07:55:10
by LePlongeur
xx
Unicycle (writing prompt) - What May BE Planned

Started by Cool Hand on Songs for review

4 Replies
Last post April 08, 2021, 19:26:02
by ChrisPrice
xx
First challenge of 2020: the 'special person' collab challenge. Join now!!

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

92 Replies
Last post March 29, 2020, 18:16:09
by Dutchbeat
xx
The 'write-a-song-about-a-misunderstanding' challenge - Please join!

63 Replies
Last post January 04, 2019, 19:23:02
by Mar T.
xx
The magic words challenge - Please join fellow kitcheners!

67 Replies
Last post June 15, 2019, 16:05:49
by oorlab