• Replacement metronome click for your DAW (UREI Click)
  • Started by MrBouzouki
  • MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 22:46:54
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:59:47 by MrBouzouki »
I've been a bit feed-up with the default metronome click in Cubase, and even though you can change the click to other samples, I find them intrusive too.

I came across a post online about the system used in Hollywood back in the day using a UREI 964 Digital Metronome  (see picture)

UREI ..., Universal Audio was thriving upstairs in the first Hollywood building under the new name United Recording Electronics Industries (UREI)

I got hold of a wav file of the click from this device, attached below, in case anybody wants to use it. I believe it's still a standard used by music film composers even in this day and age. 

It is basically a square wave I believe so it's very precise and I have found it 'there  - but not there'  if you get my meaning. It reminds me a bit of a foot tapping.

I'm not sure anybody is interested but I thought I'd post it.

"Love and Life is all about connections"

Re: Replacement metronome click for your DAW (UREI Click)
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 14:23:57
I've been a bit feed-up with the default metronome click in Cubase, and even though you can change the click to other samples, I find them intrusive too.

I came across a post online about the system used in Hollywood back in the day using a UREI 964 Digital Metronome  (see picture)

UREI ..., Universal Audio was thriving upstairs in the first Hollywood building under the new name United Recording Electronics Industries (UREI)

I got hold of a wav file of the click from this device, attached below, in case anybody wants to use it. I believe it's still a standard used by music film composers even in this day and age. 

It is basically a square wave I believe so it's very precise and I have found it 'there  - but not there'  if you get my meaning. It reminds me a bit of a foot tapping.

I'm not sure anybody is interested but I thought I'd post it.

Oh @MrBouzouki
Thanks, I think. Now you gave me something else to think about......swapping out the sample on the metronome? It never even occurred to me. I thought metronomes were supposed to be annoying.  ;)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 18:18:33
  • more
Re: Replacement metronome click for your DAW (UREI Click)
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 18:43:15
great topic @MrBouzouki ....how our clicktrack sounds will indeed have influence on the further recordings

good point  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
me, myself, and Pie

xx
HELP! Annoying click sound on track (Logic)

Started by Zedd on The kitchen café

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2015, 20:01:08
by Zedd
xx
NON DAW Recording - Tips and Tricks

Started by MrBouzouki on Songwriting Ingredients

16 Replies
Last post July 28, 2019, 13:07:14
by Kellyanneg