• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• September 13, 2018, 02:54:04
    • Perelandra
  • more
Re: Tone Woods
Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 01:19:42
If you get the chance check out the Blueridge brand, they are the best bang for your buck on the market. Just my humble opinion.

Honestly more and more I hear of people playing Gibson, I guess I should try to play some of the older models. Just never really got a feel for them, maybe I'm old enough now that my ears might perk up to their notes.

My neighbor is a classical Italian player, and I got to try his classical with cedar top. I don't know much about classical guitar, but I remember hating nylon strings when I was younger. My neighbors guitar had a half nylon / half steel string set. It had a really unique sound. Made me respect them a lot more, also that open slot headstock is absolutely gorgeous, and the three piece tuners on the side is very fetching. I might just have to add one to my collection, just because.

~Rich
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 11:54:58
where i grew up nylon string guitars was the definition of a guitar. steelstringed guitars in my world was some 89 dollar
black unplayable thing on someones wall. i really like nylon for what theyre capable of. would be nice to go back to the roots some time.
or maby halfway like you :) do you remember if the bass strings or the top three were nylon? @Bluedusksun

blueridge. never heard of. if they make their way here some time ill probably see them now that youve mentioned them :)

• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• September 13, 2018, 02:54:04
    • Perelandra
  • more
Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 23:25:06
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:03:43 by Bluedusksun »
Yeah the top high three strings were nylon. I was really impressed with the sound, very unique, it was a lower priced instrument but it wailed.

I always recommend Blueridge cause they are affordable solid wood guitars from China. They are mostly used for more traditional flat picking and bluegrass, but they are pretty diverse and great for finger picking. If I remember correctly you're European, and since they are most popular in the USA you might not run across them. You can check them out online though.

Honestly after what I've seen, I'm kind of looking at Gibson in a different light, which is good I suppose. I still want a damn Larrivee though. Been looking at these two auctions, and even though I don't need a new guitar, I want one. One is a blistered Koa Om which is gorgeous, the other is a Bloodwood Dread. Both have that Alpine spruce (Moonwood).

xx
Save the swedish woods (songvideo)

Started by Dutchbeat on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post January 23, 2017, 16:47:32
by marcus_jb
xx
How to use a gated sub-bass tone to beef up your kick drum

Started by MrBouzouki on Songwriting Ingredients

0 Replies
Last post September 15, 2018, 19:27:43
by MrBouzouki
xx
My name is Eesy I'm a rapper from San Antonio Texas aka the Tone or S.A.

Started by jayc on Me

2 Replies
Last post April 28, 2017, 12:52:21
by Leonard Scaper