• Any ideas on how to do this effectively?
  • Started by Pleudoniem
  • Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Today at 11:51:41
    • Amersfoort
  • more
Any ideas on how to do this effectively?
on: May 02, 2021, 15:17:22
I'd be interested to put some work on Spotify or other streaming networks just to see what it does. I have been recoiled by a couple of issues though:

Apparently you need a DSP, but what I've been able to find so far is surprisingly expensive. They also charge you extra for each extra song that you'd like to post. I know there must be free or affordable ones that allow you a greater number of uploads, so that is what I am looking for.

It doesn't have to be free, but it shouldn't be ridiculously expensive. Distrokid looked ok, but you need a creditcard for it, and I don't have one. I think it's a bit too much to get myself one only for that reason. So, I'd be happy if it accepted PayPal.

I tried RouteNote, but I can't seem to get an activation mail from them. The button that is supposed to send it to you doesn't do as it says it does. I asked them for it a couple of times, but they have stayed deaf. I am sure there is no such mail in any of my spam boxes, and getting it done using a different browser doesn't help either.

So, if anyone can recommend a DSP that might work for me, I'd be very glad to hear about it :)
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

• Bill
  • Executive Chef
  • My songs are not up for "review"

• Today at 03:12:16
    • New England
  • more
Re: Any ideas on how to do this effectively?
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 15:58:27
I'm not the best at this but I'll tag a few who I think can help.  :)   
@Pleudoniem     :ok:   

@realkevm  @MichaelA  @Dara  @1roomstudio  @Monty Cash Music  @Dakoda  @SteveAlton   @GTB  @gabrivux

???

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 18:25:06
RouteNote can definitely be slow to respond @Pleudoniem ... otherwise Iíve been very happy with them.

Sure... RouteNote will put you on Spotify, but they will also put you on 20 some odd others, some of which   Perform much better at more streams and higher pay out per stream.

Pandora pays about the same as Spotify but with a much higher stream count. Amazon, Amazon Prime, and YouTube Red stream about like Spotify but pay about double. The two big surprises lately are IHeart Radio, which pays 10 times Spotify and double the stream count, and Tiktok which pays almost nothing but the stream count is awesome..

Unless you find something else, I suggest keep trying with RouteNote.  Maybe try my RouteNote Referal Code
https://www.routenote.com/referral/2f7ecf1c

Referral Link
2f7ecf1c

If it works, then RouteNote rewards me with a small bit of their profit on your streams.... costs you zero.

Youíll be glad you did this! Your music will reach a much wider audience and pennies will plink into your PayPal account while you sleep!

Iím rooting for you! 🙌

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 18:47:00
Hi @1roomstudio , Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't mind giving you some of the benefit, but I'd like to be the master of my own account. @oorlab also offered me a ride on his Distrokid account, and although I completely trust him, it feels better to be responsible myself. What If the number of my streams pass by Ed Sheeran's?  :shinyteeth:

So I'll wait for Routenote then. I enlisted on Wednesday. Is it still worthwhile waiting?

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Making music

• Yesterday at 11:26:40
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 19:01:49
@Pleudoniem  - if you use a referral code or invite, you will still have your own account. The key thing is to have either your own paypal, or credit card account, to pay and be paid. Same for bandcamp - which I like better than Spotify because of the design part, and the way you can andd lyrics, metadata, tags, dates etc.

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 19:08:56
Definitely worth waiting @Pleudoniem ... they are often a week or more behind, especially with responding to emails or tickets. Also might not hurt to try again...

Also... I donít believe using the referral affects the nature of your account in any way.... itís just RouteNotesís way of rewarding for the referral... again, costs you zero.

Regardless... Iím hoping you get it worked out. Itís a game changer....

Good luck 🍀

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 19:43:35
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 19:50:52 by Pleudoniem »
@oorlab Not when I signed up. I couldn't get past the page with the payment options. I also didn't see any helpdesk that I could use to ask them the question, only a poorly organised bot. The bot DOES tell me that they will only accept creditcards.

I'll wait for Routenote first, as @1roomstudio advises. If that fails, then I'll look at what else I could do. That is, unless I get useful other tips from anyone. I need the referral, because I cannot go any further registering if I don't type it in. I have tried many times already, but all with the same result. I even tried different browsers.

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 20:39:36
This is VERY annoying.

When I try a Routenote login with Safari or Firefox, my username or password is not recognised. It IS recognised when I use Brave, but that keeps asking me if they should send an activation mail. When I say YES, I don't get anything from them. I've tried this a number of times already, but to no avail.

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 21:08:16
I seem to have managed, but it's taken a lot of trouble.

I was blocked from the site a couple of times, but that was fixed by clearing the cache and the history. I was given a login and an activation by the website developers, but I still cannot change any of my account data, such as my password or login.

Anyway, if/when I get approval, 7 songs will be posted on the major streaming platforms. I might add some more, but as listening figures appear quite random, I don't know which ones are the best. Tips are welcome.

Let's see what happens.

Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 01:41:40
@Pleudoniem you should upload all of your work that you are happy with... and to all of the available platforms.

Over time it has been interesting to see something catch on at one platform for a while... slowly ebbb away a then pop up on another platform later.  It seems mostly random.

For example.... I got zero from TikTok for more than a year and then it suddenly exploded with streams on three different tracks.... weird... but interesting 🤔

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 01:54:29
@1roomstudio Oh well, I'll surely upload some more, shortly. I only uploaded 7 to see if it finally worked, and if it works I can add another album.

I don't think all the tracks on the current album were remixed the same way, so hopefully they will be coherent enough as an album.

Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 04:55:04
Let me know when itís out.... I would like to give it a listen on Spotify 😎

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more

Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 01:28:15
@1roomstudio Here I am now, to entertain you. https://open.spotify.com/album/2KXT8TpQ6nv7o84pivl4cr?si=id0UOnOyQ-qIW5nQQK74Jw

Nicely done @Pleudoniem  ! Welcome to Spotify! (And more) your ďdebutĒ album is a strong, cohesive trip into Funk-Jazz-Rock.... very slick! Most impressive! I get it... and I like it a lot 👍😎👏✨

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 03:12:11
@1roomstudio Thank you. I noticed that some of the songs differ in volume a bit. I also heard a couple of minor errors, but it's not all that serious. Possibly you'll only hear it when you know it, or if your name is @oorlab, who pointed them out  :-\

Routenote is still having difficulty with my account settings, so I cannot change my profile picture or assign the Paypal mail address I should be paid at. I must have earnt .00003 cents already, and I am dying to get them. They even asked for my ISP,  Ivp6 and location to solve the problem. I wonder why, because I am sure the mistake is on their website, not in where I am located. Their website fails at sending me confirmation mails. That can only happen if it doesn't make a connection to a mailto-server, I think.

They say they are working on it. Let's see what happens.

xx
How To Use Metaphors More Effectively (3 Mistakes)

Started by Friedemann on Lyrics

11 Replies
Last post July 10, 2016, 14:14:29
by CrystalSuzy
xx
Trying to come up with lyric ideas?

Started by rktho on Lyrics

0 Replies
Last post April 01, 2019, 06:41:30
by rktho
xx
Song Ideas