• Any ideas on how to do this effectively?
  • Started by Pleudoniem
  • oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Making music

• Yesterday at 11:26:40
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Re: Any ideas on how to do this effectively?
Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 09:17:40
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 19:06:12 by oorlab »
@Pleudoniem  - 'a bit'?! Most of the times  your tracks are okay volume-wise within the general Soundcloud stream but sometimes a new upload from you gets me to dial up the volume knob twice its original setting. Seems that once in a full moon you forget to maximize your track. Songwritingwise obvious not interesting at all.
Please read this:  https://www.audiorecording.me/how-to-maximize-volume-in-audio-recording.html. Good luck with the Routenote serverproblems. Sounds like it is a difficult note to crack.

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Today at 11:51:41
    • Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 14:22:51
@oorlab That may be correct, when it is full moon my fangs grow, I grow hairy all over and I start howling. I have never killed anyone yet, but I like to go out chasing mice with the cats. Especially wood mice are quite ok with a bit of Tabasco sauce. That occupies all of my time.

It's a pity the hair on my head disappears again when the moon sets, by the way.  :farewell:

I maximised the tracks for RouteNote, but I still hear a difference in one of them.
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 16:05:45
Strange that you were able to get your album distributed but canít  change your profile @Pleudoniem ... persevere!

Once it's fixed be sure to monetize your SoundCloud tacks ... for some  reason that one platform requires additional steps.

It takes 2 to 3 months to see your first accounting, then itís every month on the 15th . Today for example, will show streams for March.

I hope the glitches get worked out soon! 🤞

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Making music

• netherlands
  • more
Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 19:11:54
@Pleudoniem yes, the darn full or pure moon problem, never easy on its sufferers.

may be you can post  a deeplink to the soundcloud version and the spotify version of a track, and we might hear what could be the difference.

@1roomstudio  interesting remark about monetizing on SC. I  havenít really tried it yet. Will a track of mine that I start monetizing be still be free to hear, or only for SC-go subscribers? Do you have an example of a track you are monetizing?

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #19 on: May 15, 2021, 19:15:12
@oorlab Can't do anymore. I've already changed the SC versions for the Spotify versions. They are more equal in volume, so I thought I should change them when I was at it.

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Making music

• netherlands
  • more
Reply #20 on: May 15, 2021, 19:19:20
@Pleudoniem  but surely you have kept the original files and could repost the earlier version on SC or hearthis.at for comparison sake?

Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 07:51:54
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 16:45:54 by 1roomstudio »
@1roomstudio  interesting remark about monetizing on SC. I  havenít really tried it yet. Will a track of mine that I start monetizing be still be free to hear, or only for SC-go subscribers? Do you have an example of a track you are monetizing?

Your track will still be free to hear,  @oorlab  paid for by ads and SC subscribers.

All my tracks are monetized through RouteNote... even SC.... itís just that RouteNote has an extra step involved to monetize SC. All the other platforms are monetized automatically.

• Bill
  • Executive Chef
  • My songs are not up for "review"

• Today at 03:12:16
    • New England
  • more
Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 14:17:52
Hi @Pleudoniem
Differences in volume are dependent one what someone uses to listen.
Computer Spotify will have the differences.
The Spotify app on phones and tablets have a volume levelling ( compression limiting) system. I think most use the app. They cssn adjust how much leveling they want but most just leave it all the way on I believe.

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 14:36:34
@Bill from November Sound I noticed. You can activate the levelling. That also goes for iTunes, and I reckon some others. It all comes down then on how these services interpret the volume of a song. I am cautious that levelling shouldn't make songs louder at points where they shouldn't be.

As for this particular set, it mostly worked fine, except for one song. Possibly an extra listen could have helped, I may have been a little too hasty.

Reply #24 on: October 09, 2021, 21:33:33
Checking in @Pleudoniem   did you get your RouteNote account working smoothly?

Have you had a stream report yet? It takes 2-3 months for the first one to appear.  They come around the 15th of the month... never sooner... often straggling in over a few days.

Hoping you and your music are doing well!

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #25 on: October 09, 2021, 23:30:11
@1roomstudio Thank you :)

Yes, I've got it going. Most listeners still find me on SoundCloud, except for my students, many of whom have no idea about SoundCloud, but they know Spotify.

I've been silent for some time. Practising mostly. I will be releasing some more soon.

Are you ok too?

Reply #26 on: October 10, 2021, 01:53:32
Oh good ! Glad itís all sorted out...

Iím doing fine... my usual routine... a few hours in my studio on weeknights... a few hours more on the weekend...

Been practicing guitar... two acoustics, electric and Bass ... interesting how one instrument teaches about the other.

Onward!

• Pleudoniem
  • Chef de Partie
  • Feed the Muse

• Amersfoort
  • more
Reply #27 on: October 10, 2021, 15:59:24
@1roomstudio Haha! yes they do, don't they?  ;D That isn't just for finger positioning, but also for techniques. I also have a Ziggy tap-guitar here, and what I learn on that, I use for traditional guitars and bass as well. I am convinced that learning to play more than one instrument is usually beneficial.

xx
How To Use Metaphors More Effectively (3 Mistakes)

Started by Friedemann on Lyrics

11 Replies
Last post July 10, 2016, 14:14:29
by CrystalSuzy
xx
Trying to come up with lyric ideas?

Started by rktho on Lyrics

0 Replies
Last post April 01, 2019, 06:41:30
by rktho
xx
Song Ideas